Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Running President  (Read 7395 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Running President
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 11:18:54 pm »

I could see a founder being elected if the LCS stays nonviolent. I've always thought that was one of the neat parts of LCS, that you can succeed without being violent and this would extend that to allow you to take the highest office in the land if you do.

There is something deeply disappointing with this game when you realize that you can beat the game... simply by talking to people... and is the safest most effective way to win.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 11:44:18 pm »

There is something deeply disappointing with this game when you realize that you can beat the game... simply by talking to people... and is the safest most effective way to win.

I don't think that's disappointing, I think that it's good for the game to accommodate a variety of different playing styles and have more than 1 different way to win, depending on the player's preference and how they want to play. Now I don't think you can JUST beat the game by talking to people... talking to people can get you recruits, sure, but it doesn't change public opinion, it doesn't get you Juice, it has plenty of limitations. I agree with Duuvian that this is a neat part of LCS and not disappointing.

Personally I usually like to do lots of graffiti (not site mode graffiti, but the activity graffiti where you paint murals about the issues), along with doing hacking and having someone write for the Liberal Guardian. And also having a lot of Sleepers that were indoctrinated through interrogation, all Advocating Liberalism whenever their infiltration is in the red (above 80%), and Laying Low when their infiltration is lower, so that it goes higher again. Also doing radio or TV broadcasts at an AM Radio Station or Cable News Station is quite effective. And the main person, the founder, who goes around getting all the recruits and converting all the Conservatives to Sleepers (doing date-napping) has super-high skills in Persuasion, Seduction, Law, Stealth, Disguise, Security, and Driving, and very high Juice, Heart, Intelligence, and Charisma. First Aid and Computer skills are also essential since those are hard to get, especially First Aid.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 11:58:47 pm »

Heck why even let you run for president? Isn't that what you do in LCS anyway?

At the end of the game just have a message about what happens to each LCS member and if you managed to keep your founder alive... Just say that he becomes the President of the USA for life and moves into the white house.

Heck why ARN'T we doing that for LCS? Having a sort of hall of fame ending with members having ridiculously prestigious lives?

I'd make that a suggestion but honestly it isn't fair since I can't program it... it is just putting work on people.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:28:41 am by Neonivek »

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 12:52:00 am »

OK then obviously we need to address this... what exactly is your winning strategy that only involves talking to people, Neonivek? Why don't you describe your strategy in detail and how it doesn't involve any risk and how it's guaranteed to win the game. Then when I have all the details, I'll figure out the best way to change that game so that strategy doesn't work anymore and you'll have to try harder... since that's what you seem to want us to do.

The strategy I described does have plenty of risks... every time I have my founder attempt to datenap someone, the founder might end up getting arrested. Everyone out doing graffiti could get arrested. Interrogation doesn't always work fast enough for it not to get noticed and for them to become Sleepers, and then they'll be wanted for rehabilitation and the kidnapper will be guilty of kidnapping. AM and Cable News broadcasts are quite effective but not only are they illegal but you are liable to get attacked by a bunch of people, and on your way out you'll probably have a car chase and if your driving skill isn't good enough you could easily die in a car crash or get shot dead. So my strategy actually has plenty of risks of losing the game.

Do you actually have a risk-free strategy to win the game, which doesn't involve savescumming (backing up savegames in case something goes wrong, and then reloading them)? If so I'd like to hear your strategy so I can solve that problem of it being risk-free and working so well... and I wasn't aware the game had petitions to sign. From the way you describe it, it sounds like an imbalance in the game that makes things too easy for you and keeps you from having any risk at all. If you want your strategy to no longer work that way then please, describe it in detail, and I will be more than happy to rebalance the game so as to give you more of a challenge... without ruining other existing strategies such as mine that DO involve significant risks.

Ya see, I still don't get the part where you actually change public opinion... how exactly do you do that in any major way, without any risk or committing any crime? Because, last time I checked, all the most effective ways to change public opinion in Liberal Crime Squad involve some risk and are also illegal, and the legal ways to influence public opinion are all quite weak and ineffective. There must be something I am missing here about your strategy...
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 12:56:09 am »

Yeah... Bowing out
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:28:53 am by Neonivek »

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 01:00:46 am »

Without doing risky things, you'd only have your founder plus 5.
6 people doing letter writing campaigns even with really high skill certainly isn't going to get you anywhere fast.

Which people are you talking to, and how?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 01:02:01 am »

Did they remove creating sleepers by talking to people about issues?

Without doing risky things, you'd only have your founder plus 5

Well that isn't true, you forgot you can daisy chain... unless that has recently been changed.

Also if you need money the Grey Market is surprisingly accommodating.

6 people doing letter writing campaigns even with really high skill certainly isn't going to get you anywhere fast.

Actually... I would actually like to see this.

How long it would take for 6 High-writing skilled Liberals to go from Neutral to winning. (or at least how close it can get)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:07:19 am by Neonivek »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:23 am »

I haven't played a game of LCS in a good while so it may have changed, but at that time you could murder conservatives found in the crackhouse without revealing the LCS. I guess it's a bug and it kind of takes the no out of no violence runs. It is a safe way to get juice, dodging and unarmed or weapon skills though in an unrevealed LCS run if you only beat up teenagers, who are always unarmed.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 01:10:30 am »

Bowing out
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:29:02 am by Neonivek »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 05:06:05 am »

Well that isn't true, you forgot you can daisy chain... unless that has recently been changed.
The number of recruits any liberal can lead is limited by their juice, so you need to commit illegal actions in order to have them able to recruit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 08:07:32 am »

The number of recruits any liberal can lead is limited by their juice, so you need to commit illegal actions in order to have them able to recruit.
Maybe it's the seduction daisy chain?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 08:51:32 am »

He might mean the enlightenment chain. You can theoretically have an infinite amount of liberals with enlightenment and not be caught, I certainly have farmed dozens of CCS Vigilantes to bolster my manpower.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 10:29:17 am »

Yeah, bowing out of the argument >_< Sorry

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 03:50:02 pm »

I have won without doing anything violent and without risk. You just have to make a high charisma founder, recruit some people, have them legally make some money, buy a printing press, and write to newspapers when free speech is c+ and publish their own newspaper when it is not. It took many years, but it worked, even on nightmare mode.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 01:21:22 am »

I've also done nightmare mode pacifist runs (No CCS though). Very safe, very effective, and not really that slow, but definitely not fast.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4