Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Running President  (Read 7394 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Running President
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:15:34 am »

I had an idea to let our high ranking Liberals try to get to Senate, Congress or even run for President.
I mean, who wouldn't like their most persuasive and charismatic characters have ultimate power? And the possibility to make Ted Bundy, Dahmer or Fish presidents of United States?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

jergen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Running President
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:10:16 am »

Haha Albert Fish for president! "And the next president of the United States of America is this child molesting, shit eating, urine drinking, sadomasochist cannibal freak you all love, Mr. Albert Fish" (He was even more fucked in the head IRL)

That is wrong on so many levels, however being able to put your own high ranking liberal as president/senate is not a bad idea.
If possible it should be extremely expensive (running for president/senate is not cheap).
If it's not possible, it would be nice if you could do something with your Liberals that have max juice.

Perhaps maybe send them away to another city (non playable city) to start a new Liberal Crime Squad (that you can read about in the newspaper) spreading the Elite Liberal Agenda.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:46:47 am »

Where are you getting your corporate funding to become president?

jergen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 10:53:27 am »

Sleeper agents maybe? Or hmm.. maybe expanding the Business Fronts you own, i dont know.
Let's say you expand your business front for another $100k and it will generate the funding for the campaign
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:55:38 am by jergen »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:18:53 am »

Robbing the bank maybe?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 11:46:59 am »

Yeah, the last presidential race cost over a billion dollars per candidate. Though I maybe you should only be allowed to attempt this at L+ election reform... (that should drop campaign costs to mere millions)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 01:29:48 pm »

From your sleeper CEO, of course.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »

From your sleeper CEO, of course.

He is beholden to his stock share holders and the companies constitution.

He cannot fund you UNLESS you give him behind closed doors deals.

Though at L+ I'd think there would be no CEOs, all companies would be run by the workers through extensive unions.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:52:50 pm by Neonivek »

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »

Perhaps the CEO should be renamed "Union Boss" or "Union Leader" at L+?

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 11:42:28 pm »

Someone with lots of charisma, intelligence, persuasion, and maybe we might also count seduction and law too, they'd probably be able to persuade lots of people to support them... even big business if their skills are good enough. But, isn't it good enough to have an Elite Liberal president who isn't an LCS operative, who has an Elite Liberal cabinet and does everything they can to move the country in an Elite Liberal direction? And they wouldn't be able to persuade EVERYBODY. And with all of the publicity surrounding a Presidential run, the media would do a lot of digging into the candidate's past. Only a candidate who is a Sleeper and was never part of the active LCS, with no provable connections to the active LCS, could survive all that scrutiny without being ruined. An LCS Founder who oversaw a vast criminal enterprise and was in charge of a bunch of people who committed large numbers of heinous crimes would have more than a little baggage when running for President, even if they were the most persuasive, charismatic, intelligent candidate out there. The whole thing could backfire against the LCS with all the media attention, and lead to stuff like all the Sleepers being outed, all the assets of the LCS being frozen, federal troops surrounding the LCS compound in a Waco-style siege, etc. Really it is much safer for the LCS if the President is an Elite Liberal not directly connected to the group, only connected by a shared ultra-liberal ideology. A Presidential run would risk the entire group being outed and shut down by extreme force.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 07:34:12 am »

I don't think the idea was ever to get anybody other than a sleeper to run for president, for exactly the reasons you say.

However, I question the usefulness of having an LCS sleeper as president. Sure, the LCS could secretly run someone on a platform that is not L+ and get xer into office, at which point xe could reveal xerself as being L+, but really that wouldn't change much gameplay-wise, since the player has to defeat the conservative legislature in order to win as well as the laws.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:17:25 am »

I don't think the idea was ever to get anybody other than a sleeper to run for president, for exactly the reasons you say.

The issue with getting the head of the LCS president is that it is awesome but unfeasible... as in even I won't admit it isn't awesome.

At most I think it could be a possible ending condition at L+ where if you become president you win... but only with your original character.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 08:20:48 am »

But you forget, people like the crimes of the LCS. A whole lot.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:05:16 pm »

I could see a founder being elected if the LCS stays nonviolent. I've always thought that was one of the neat parts of LCS, that you can succeed without being violent and this would extend that to allow you to take the highest office in the land if you do.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 09:31:28 pm »

Pull a Saints Row. Kick enough ass, people will vote for you out of fear.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4