Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to uninstall a tile set  (Read 569 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to uninstall a tile set
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:05:49 pm »

Hope this goes here, it said use the regular modding forum for tileset questions.

I'm using a tileset from the forums.  Not really liking it graphically.  I see another I want to try...but it says to Uninstall any other tile sets.  However, I only saw one thread related to this and it said you have to code it by hand and it could take hours.  Really?  Got to be an easier way.

Any help appreciated.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: How to uninstall a tile set
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 11:49:06 pm »

Delete data/art/, data/init/, raw/ and save/regionx/raw/ in your df and copy same folders from vanilla df of same version.
then install new tileset
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:50:49 pm by Doren »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: How to uninstall a tile set
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:12:46 pm »

If you are using the Starter Pack, you can apply the vanilla "graphics pack" then apply the one you want by hand (which is probably just unzipping it on top of your DF folder).  The Starter Pack is a bit faster than nuking everything, and much faster if the one you're applying is included with Starter Pack.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map