Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Bloodied: Marked (Sandbox SG)  (Read 2889 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Bloodied: Marked (Sandbox SG)
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 10:04:03 pm »

The bleeding nose, how's it? Heading home and resting instead of risking more trouble is your best shot.
+1; A bit of R&R would do wonders after this day!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bloodied: Marked - Day 2 (Sandbox SG)
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 02:51:59 pm »

I checked my nose as I started to head back home to my apartment across the park, it was clear, save for the smell of iron from my blood. The walk though the park was thankfully uneventful. I'm not sure how much more of a bad day I could have, but I was glad I didn't find out. I reached the red brick building that was my apartment block, got to my apartment on the second floor, and tossed my keys on the small table just inside the door.

The apartment was dark, empty and bleakly plain; just how I left it. Ever since I took my father's advice to get a well paying desk job I haven't had time to even decorate. Everything was utilitarian, from the entryway to the bedroom it was a shade of beige or white or had some kind of purpose. It was frustrating to see, especially since I wanted to be a painter at one point. Heck, I still have an unfinished piece just sitting in my office space, and if it wasn't for the overtime the last couple months, it'd be done. Thankfully, I've got the weekend off, and they can't call me in from the hours I pulled last week. For now though, I'm tired and don't want to deal with anymore of this today. I tossed my bloody shirt in the sink and changed to sleep.

The sound of helicopters in the distance was an unusual thing to wake up to, especially in Edmun. The city was decently big, but helicopters weren't exactly common, and it sounded like there were quite a few passing overhead. None the less it was a good time to get up anyways. I stretched, straightening out my starry blue PJs, and headed down to the mailbox to grab the morning paper. I headed back, putting bread in the toaster and starting the coffee machine as I leafed through the day's news as I prepped and ate my breakfast.

I was in the day's news, my name withheld, but there it was. Still hard to believe that I did what I did yesterday. The robbery at the Great Bank was mostly stopped by a pencil pusher, but apparently one suspect escaped, killing several armed officers in the process. There were no witnesses to give a description of the man that ran, but the police are investigating his whereabouts. It was likely the one that was in the cubicles at the bank, 'Os' I think one of them called him. According to the article no hostages died, and the two other robbers were knocked unconscious, which sounded about right. Other than that news article there wasn't much. Something about the unnaturally quick growing quartz near the collapsed Mercer Hospital and a general warning about the area, but that was week old news that snuck in as a filler. I double checked to see if an airshow was in town to explain all the noise this morning while I was at it, but no such thing.

It was early in the morning still, and I didn't have to go to work for a few days. I could pick up paint to keep on working on the painting, hang out at the local coffee shop where a couple of my friends work to discuss local news, maybe even mention a little about the bank to them now that I'm feeling a little better about it, or even just waste time at some random place.

Spoiler: About Mornings (click to show/hide)

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »

Superfast quartz~? Perhaps exploring would be in order~?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 06:25:48 pm »

Go to the coffee shop, and talk about the news.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:17 am »

Coffee shop time, to unwind and talk about the news. Also to get yourself a nice cappuccino, because you love 'em.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 12:23:35 am »

Coffee shop time, to unwind and talk about the news. Also to get yourself a nice cappuccino, because you love 'em.
Also thank the serviceperson.
Because it'll brighten up their day! \o/

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 02:09:05 pm »

I grabbed my keys, and headed out the door to the coffee shop a couple blocks down where a couple of my friends were working. From the outside looking in I could tell that business wasn't bad at all, it wasn't crowded, but it wasn't painfully empty either. I walked into the shop, and my smile widened as my friend waved over to me calling out with a smile of his own, "Matty! How's it been? You haven't stopped in for almost a week." It was Darrel, a business student I met while we were in university together. It was a lucky coincidence that he set up the store so close to my apartment, makes it easy to stay in touch and hang out. He was always a bit of a gossip, but with a moderately popular coffee shop he tends to hear a lot of what goes on in the city. Darrel straightened the cap holding back his mid-length brown hair as he continued pouring the foam on another customer's drink.

The line was luckily rather short and I soon found myself to be the only one in line. "So what's new around town? I haven't been paying too close attention." My hands were crossed, but I still had a small smile on my face. The city was an interesting place sometimes, and I knew that Darrel loved to talk about it.

Darrel started making another drink without prompt, prepping espresso and milk to steam. "Where do I even start? How about today? It's been a weird start of the day. The military sent a group up to the collapsed Mercer Hospital building and they've got the place on lockdown. Something about needing to do research to see if it's a biological threat. Dunno about that, but they even went as far as blockading the roads in and out of town. Kind of bullshit for a bit of research, but it looks like they're going for the 'better safe than sorry' methodology." He kept working on the drink as he talked, placing a finished cappuccino in front of me, "And this is on the house."

I picked up the steaming drink, putting a lid from beside the till. "Thanks again Darrel. It does sound a little extreme, and I can't imagine people being to happy with it if it keeps going." Darrel simply nodded with what I was saying as I started sipping the cappuccino. It was sweet and rich with a hint of bitterness from the espresso. The flavor made it pretty obvious why his shop was popular.

"Right, another thing. Here's a weird rumor for you. You know the bank robbery from last night? Apparently there was a witness that saw the robber that got away, but the police wouldn't accept his statement on record because of what he said. He said he watched the robber run out the back and through a solid brick wall into the apartments a couple buildings down and across the street. Crazy right?" He laughed, "The guy was probably pretty out of it to see something like that, but it still makes for an interesting story."

I nodded, "That does sound pretty unlikely. The robber isn't Harry Potter." Sipping again on the delicious drink I decided to talk a bit about last night, "So I was at the bank last night." Darrel gave a rather puzzled look, but he didn't stop you there. "I was actually the one that knocked out the two robbers. No idea what came over me, but it was like I knew exactly what they were going to do before they did it."

Darrel was floored at the mention of what I did at the bank, completely thrown off from what he was expecting, "Alright, chalk that up to one hell of a crazy night for the city. You could have been killed, man. This isn't an action movie and you're no martial artist." He paused, making sure there was still no one in line, "How the hell did you do it?"

I simply shook my head, because even I didn't know why or how I did what I did. "No idea. My heart was pumping and I was doubting myself the entire time." I checked my watch out of habit, it was about 11AM. "To tell you the truth, I was scared out of my mind."

Darrel gave a wide-eyed stare at me, "No shit. I'll buy you a drink or two if you happen to be at the Mountain Hall pub, just text me and we'll meet up." He pushed away from the counter giving a slight grin, "It's been good talking to you Matt, but I gotta do a bit of bit of paperwork before the noon rush." He gave a small wave as we said our goodbyes and I headed out of the coffee shop.

It's about 11AM, and there's still a decent amount of time left in the day. I suppose I can check out the collapsed ruins, even if it's closed off I might get a decent look at what's happening. Otherwise I suppose I can check out the apartment block across from the bank out of sheer curiosity, if I can't think of anything else to do.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 02:19:29 pm »

Take a look at the ruins but flee at the first sign of not goods.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 12:04:46 am »

Go check those ruins, but avoid trouble with the military or anyone else.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2014, 10:19:27 am »

(Sorry about the delays recently. Hormonal depression, morning shifts and trying to set up gaming nights with a friend out of town have slowed things.)

It was a short walk to my apartment's parking lot, and an extremely short drive to Mercer Hospital, or at least what it used to be. Temporary blue wire fences stood from when it was closed down for some kind of biohazard contaminant, but the collapsed building and the unusual crystaline rocks starting to emerge said otherwise. I got out of my car, closing the door in a half-daze, staring out at the hospital. There was a small crowd in front of the fences on this side, most of them with picket signs. As a few of them turned, showing messages like, 'Don't Lock Us In', 'Stop The Lies!', 'Edmun Is Not A Cage!' and one sign that was particularly out there, 'Stop The Alien Cover-Up'. I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head at the last one. Most of them were chanting in time, "Let us out!", but the man in on the other side of the fence didn't seem to overly care as he simply stood there in his hazmat suit with a tactical shotgun.

As I got closer I saw what was happening and why it was closed off. A thin layer of purple crystal was spread out in a full one block radius of the hospital, shining madly in random directions through the thin, separated crystalline shapes, none taller than 2 feet. The air above it shimmered and rippled, a lot like heat ripples the air. Radiation signs were scattered along the path to the hospital, but it wasn't like someone could walk past the barricade anyways. The dark brown haired woman beside me seemed to be taking a stronger interest in it, peering through binoculars at the hospital with a sigh, occasionally taking a drag of her cigarette. After a moment she stared at me for a few seconds before going back to what she was doing.

I noticed a few of the protesters standing off to the side, talking among themselves with wide, exaggerated hand gestures. Slightly away from the chanting of the other protesters I could vaguely hear what they were saying, they sounded angry, but all I got were bits and pieces of the conversation. Something about a militia?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 07:30:19 am »

Ask the binocular lady what's going on, she seems like she has been studying it.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 09:14:10 am »

Finding the lady's actions a little strange I tapped her shoulder to catch her attention, "What?", she retorted with a snap, lowering her binoculars back down to her brown leather jacket. "If you're going to ask me to join the warmonger asshats over there, fuck off." She was definitely on edge talking to me, but she didn't break her gaze or look around at the others nearby. Did she know me from somewhere? I didn't think I was an unnerving person to talk to, given how plain of a person I normally appear to be.

I waved my hands dismissively in small sweeping motions in a vain attempt to calm the woman's wrath, "Whoa, hold on. I just wanted to ask if you knew what was going on. Figured since you were getting a better look that you might know a little more about what's going on. That's all." Oh geez, this lady definitely has a short fuse.

She calmed down a little, but continued to stare with a furrowed brow, still unsure what to make of me. "Government closed off the area earlier today. Same three block radius they had a week ago conveniently enough." She crossed her arms, digging the binoculars into the sleeve of her jacket. "I'm just trying to remember something important that I forgot, alright? My memory is a little spotty, but it's not like I can walk around the ruins til I remember."

"What was it that you forgot?"

"Does it matter to you? I don't even know y-." She was cut short by a small explosion in a few blocks away, just on the outskirts of downtown. A lot of the protesters scattered, others cowered, but she just stood there, looking over in the direction of the blast of noise. The man in the hazmat suit seemed unsettled by the explosion, but it wasn't likely that he'd leave. He raised his radio, reporting the explosion rather plainly.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 12:18:51 am »

Your temporary lack of common sense caused by acting like a hero commands you to go and see if you can take a closer look at the explosion site by skirting the cordoned area.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 [2]