Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799743 times)

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #4080 on: July 07, 2021, 06:17:18 am »

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_turn_end:

Variable obj_turn_end.current_battles(101898, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_turn_end_Alarm_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_turn_end_Alarm_0 (line -1)

any idea what this error code is? it keeps crashing my save...

edit>nevermind, i found out that a nearby ork invasion kept crashing the game for some reason..just debug killed the invasion fleet before it landed and the crashes were solved....

Thank you, I think I fixed it. "current_battles" is not used anywhere in the project (besides being compared and never set in obj_turn_end_Alarm_0), but "current_battle" is used in several places. I am guessing its a typo?

it shouldnt be? i just copied the error message once the game crashed.

in another news, if you ever need anybody to do 3d modeling, or pixel art. i can help out for free.  im quite fond of this project and if i could help it along with my meager skills, i would.

edit> i can also do some sfx designing too.

another edit.

is there anything you can do as a renegade? for the life of me, i cant figure out how to force the planets i already control to start recruiting marines, and i cant seem to take over any mechanicus planets no matter what i do...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 02:39:07 pm by angelious »

TheLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: July 07, 2021, 03:15:16 pm »

I've got a save where sending any vehicle into battle causes this crash

of Draw Event
for object obj_drop_select:

trying to index a variable which is not an array
at gml_Script_scr_battle_roster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_battle_roster (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_drop_select_Draw_0

https://mega.nz/file/QfQ0yBaZ#2yHa0r8KXWqMwnu3C9eQsjQmVIW7KqFKw3OsG6MkpSc

Fixed
https://ufile.io/ywkprr7p

The issue occurred because the stc bonus to vehicle accuracy was never fully implemented, as such I changed your bonus to vehicle survival. Furthermore I fixed the issue in future versions. Thank you.
Currently developing Chapter Master

Link to current version.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142620.msg8298333#msg8298333

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: July 08, 2021, 05:28:49 am »

Can we expect a source release soon? Being able to compile for Linux would be nice.

[EDIT] It seems there is no way to assault a necron tomb without a mission from the inquisition. I cleared out the tyranids initially on the world and then tried unloading marines on it to raid it, and then I tried actually straight up raiding the planet and neither seemed to do much. When it finally activated, the wrong planet turned necron green.

Even after it activates, it doesn't seem possible to blow it up with a plasma bomb. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it won't do anything even after wiping out the necrons in battle,
Save is here.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 06:56:27 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: July 09, 2021, 03:42:57 am »

so am i missing something, or is the daemon binders perk kinda useless?

i always get caught by the inquisition and its a one way ticket to heresy town. and there seems to be no way to actually use it safely since the inquisition seems to just follow you around where ever you go...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: July 09, 2021, 09:35:30 am »

I mean, I think that’s the point right? Not saying it isn’t broken, but demon ANYTHING in 40k qualifies you as a heretic.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: July 09, 2021, 09:51:17 am »

Can we expect a source release soon? Being able to compile for Linux would be nice.

[EDIT] It seems there is no way to assault a necron tomb without a mission from the inquisition. I cleared out the tyranids initially on the world and then tried unloading marines on it to raid it, and then I tried actually straight up raiding the planet and neither seemed to do much. When it finally activated, the wrong planet turned necron green.

Even after it activates, it doesn't seem possible to blow it up with a plasma bomb. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it won't do anything even after wiping out the necrons in battle,
Save is here.

As for a source release... I am leery of them because, it means that someone can modify and then break something, then ask for help, which means I could spend hours trying to fix a non-problem (This has happened to me before). However I will do a source release sooner then later, I just want to finish a surprise feature first.

There is no way to assault a necron tomb without a mission, I have added allowing you to assault them to the list of things to change.

so am i missing something, or is the daemon binders perk kinda useless?

i always get caught by the inquisition and its a one way ticket to heresy town. and there seems to be no way to actually use it safely since the inquisition seems to just follow you around where ever you go...

No you are not missing anything, I have added it to the list, as to make it less useless. Right now its just a newbie trap.

Link to current version.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: July 09, 2021, 01:00:28 pm »

Save is here.

you can actually attack an awakened necron tomb without the inq mission by unloading troops into the planet ,with atleast some armed with plasma bombs, then just defend againts the next attack and if you win the tomb should be sealed.

and on the daemon binders>  i just find it weird that its an actual option in the chapter creation..its basically a "use this and you lose" button...

which is a shame since i think its the coolest perk you can take...kinda reminds me of the exorcists except with more psykish and less exorcist...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: July 09, 2021, 03:05:28 pm »

It was probably envisioned as a quick way to reach Renegade or CSM status.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: July 09, 2021, 10:31:12 pm »

Save is here.
I tried unloading and both attacking and defending but defending did nothing and attacking said "attack ineffective: plasma bomb needed.". I know I had two assault marines with plasma bombs, and checking, neither of them died.

you can actually attack an awakened necron tomb without the inq mission by unloading troops into the planet ,with atleast some armed with plasma bombs, then just defend againts the next attack and if you win the tomb should be sealed.

and on the daemon binders>  i just find it weird that its an actual option in the chapter creation..its basically a "use this and you lose" button...

which is a shame since i think its the coolest perk you can take...kinda reminds me of the exorcists except with more psykish and less exorcist...
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: July 10, 2021, 12:40:58 am »

It was probably envisioned as a quick way to reach Renegade or CSM status.

well it certainly works that way, but id imagine if they wanted a good easy way to go renegade, there would just be an option to start as renegade?

TheLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: July 10, 2021, 06:18:10 pm »

Question for everyone, do you like these symbols on the map? Is there anything you would change?
* = Item/ruins/unknown
! = Requesting help
^ = Sleeping Tomb/other possible threat.

Link to current version.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: July 10, 2021, 06:30:40 pm »

That would solve the X request help and you struggle to find it problem.
Add some colour if you know what threat it is.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: July 11, 2021, 01:20:38 am »

My brain seems to demand that those indicators be to the right of the planet name, not the left.

The ^ seems kind of hard to notice to me. I think @ or & or # would be better.

If you can make the font size a couple points bigger than the planet name, that might also help them pop.

Also if you leave them on the left, you have a slight kerning issue there.

And yeah, leverage color in some way. Maybe tie color to the faction threat/interaction type if known.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:22:52 am by nenjin »

TheLion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: July 11, 2021, 10:30:31 am »

My brain seems to demand that those indicators be to the right of the planet name, not the left.

The ^ seems kind of hard to notice to me. I think @ or & or # would be better.

If you can make the font size a couple points bigger than the planet name, that might also help them pop.

Also if you leave them on the left, you have a slight kerning issue there.

And yeah, leverage color in some way. Maybe tie color to the faction threat/interaction type if known.

Oh I understand that being on the right is more intuitive, however, being on the left is more reliable. I'll just add an option for the player to pick what side they are on. I am looking at ways to solve the kerning issue, as it bothers me as well. The most annoying part is that the symbols are being generated before the text, so they are behind the text, however, they appear to be in front.

Link to current version.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: July 12, 2021, 01:35:18 am »

Seem to have hit a hard lock state.

I found an uninhabited planet with an artifact on it. Forgetting how to actually recover it, I did an attack on the planet and landed my forces. Combat started up, immediately completed because there were no enemy forces. After the combat screen, it immediately kicked over to the Apothecarion screen. I couldn't do anything from there, all buttons except the Slave Incubator buttons were inactive and I had to crash out the game.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 288