Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798816 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3555 on: September 27, 2017, 02:28:14 pm »

I would sugest that you wait until you have something minimally playable before you worry too much about that. Much more likely to get a license tht way, not to mention any possible kickstarter.

That said, if you can get it, go for it. An official Chapter Master? Be still my heart.

Absolutely, I don't plan on going to GW or kickstarter or anything like that until I have at least a minimum viable product. I am mostly just wondering should I even entertain the idea or should I put the extra coding effort into the legal arrow dodge.

I would strongly suggest making a 'space marines fighting aliens' game, and then go to GW with it after it's taken off.

If it's good enough they'll probably throw money/resources at you, and if it's not to their liking then you can just continue on with it being an awesome strategy game (and maybe open up mod support if you fancy it).

Attempting to court GW straight out/with a MVP isn't going to work unless you're an experienced game developer with successful games behind you.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: September 28, 2017, 05:59:01 pm »

I would sugest that you wait until you have something minimally playable before you worry too much about that. Much more likely to get a license tht way, not to mention any possible kickstarter.

That said, if you can get it, go for it. An official Chapter Master? Be still my heart.

Absolutely, I don't plan on going to GW or kickstarter or anything like that until I have at least a minimum viable product. I am mostly just wondering should I even entertain the idea or should I put the extra coding effort into the legal arrow dodge.

I would strongly suggest making a 'space marines fighting aliens' game, and then go to GW with it after it's taken off.

If it's good enough they'll probably throw money/resources at you, and if it's not to their liking then you can just continue on with it being an awesome strategy game (and maybe open up mod support if you fancy it).

Attempting to court GW straight out/with a MVP isn't going to work unless you're an experienced game developer with successful games behind you.

dont forget treacherous disorder vacuum seamen, archenemy of space marines

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: September 29, 2017, 01:22:07 pm »

Space marines?? Don't you mean the vacumm seamen, the genetically augmented warriors made by the Imperator, the Nerverdying Deity of humankind?

They were created to serve as soldiers in the Cohorts under the command of his 20 Sonvereigns, in order to help him expand his Empire of Humankind.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:12:56 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: September 29, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »

Sonvereigns
Okay, that's a great word tho. Now I wish they really were called that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: September 30, 2017, 01:01:56 am »

Yes but you forget that some were corrupted by the forces of disorder and became Disorder Vacuum Seamen, worshippers of the four great entities of disorder and the Scourge of the Empire.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: September 30, 2017, 01:03:42 am »

It is better to die for the Memelord than live for yourself.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kamsim2

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: October 01, 2017, 09:41:38 am »

If you end up getting an alpha build out, that would probably be a dream come true.
I'm rooting for you, at the very least.

Hi, the problem was commonplace. The game does not perceive the user's folder with the Cyrillic alphabet. And because of this game is not loaded or matched. I had to change the user.

DerrickMoore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: October 22, 2017, 10:24:56 pm »

I'm calling this image "killing a heretic"

If your still looking for some screenshots I've taken a bunch of the first level here:
https://mega.nz/#!3h1iwSoY!73Hd3CTZ13Vw0bYfZES7kdLCiIKy7npuZbTkW0CuVpI

I also did recording of me playing the first stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6oXt9OKKNo&lc=z132jrfockzss3doo04cgtnh1zm2hxvb3lc0k.1486113112320261

Oh wow, thanks I appreciate that Silverain... sorry it took months to get back and say "thanks"

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: October 23, 2017, 05:21:20 am »

Yes but you forget that some were corrupted by the forces of disorder and became Disorder Vacuum Seamen, worshippers of the four great entities of disorder and the Scourge of the Empire.
Yes, Enrohk, the entity of Conflict, savagery, and homicide. Vital fuilds for the vital fluids entity! Craniums for the cranium sovereign chair!
Elgrun, the entity of sickness and entropy.
Hctneezt, the entity of mutation and magic.
Hsenaals, the entity of fulfilment and suffering.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: October 23, 2017, 02:50:45 pm »

This is a cool game.

I poked around a bit, messed with organization. Decided to go deal with some Moderate Tyranid forces on nearby worlds.

Click 'End Turn'.

Message popup: Ork Warboss, yadada, WAAAGH! begins.

I'm as screwed as I think I am, aren't I? Oh, and I'm playing as Lamenters.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: October 23, 2017, 03:00:09 pm »

Ship to ship combat is not your friend.  Otherwise, if you can establish a choke, the tide can be stemmed.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: October 23, 2017, 03:03:22 pm »

There's no 'choke' option. The map is covered in Tyranids, there's a strong Tau invasion in the southwest corner, and the Orks already have footholds in a dozen systems or more. Oh, and there's still some fleets around. I already crushed one (Appeared while I was en-route to said system with my Battle Barge and a frigate)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: October 23, 2017, 03:13:34 pm »

It's the 41st millenium - you were more screwed than you can fathom once you got the game.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: October 23, 2017, 03:14:39 pm »

That's totally not a useless answer.
TOTALLY.

Anyway, I'm going to play this to its inevitable conclusion and hope that Penitence goes down faster when you're killing things.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: October 23, 2017, 03:32:27 pm »

Lamenters have the Shitty Luck trait, last time I looked at this - it could very well an entirely different game since then, but anyways. Basically, they're cursed blessed with the greatest luck a Penitent Space Marine Chapter could ever have, enemies and random Chaos shenanigans everywhere at the worst best moments possible. An Ork Waagh!! in the middle of a Tyranid invasion that coincides with a Tau expansion campaign is pretty much the weekend for the Lamenters chapter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 288