Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798749 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3285 on: July 08, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »

Last I recall ( which is a long ass time ago) you just had to move them to the launch point of the crusade before it kicked off.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: July 09, 2016, 04:38:23 am »

Flow was given the choice between making the SM game the community wanted and risking to have to stop on everything

How big's the risk? Have they gone to court much?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: July 09, 2016, 06:08:35 am »

I did a suicidal charge on what I thought were traitors. In reality, I accidentally attacked the imperial navy and let the heretics get away. I also crashed the game.

Overall, it was a great experience.

How often is this game updated? I'm loving it, but it seems to be quite unstable. I've had a few crashes and freezes.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:01:49 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: July 09, 2016, 09:34:52 am »

How often is this game updated? I'm loving it, but it seems to be quite unstable. I've had a few crashes and freezes.
The backend of the game is so incredibly messy that every developer who has so much as looked at it since Duke has decided to give it a full rewrite.
Before their inevitable cancellation of the project.
So currently- not.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: July 09, 2016, 01:06:01 pm »

The backend of the game is so incredibly messy that every developer who has so much as looked at it since Duke has decided to give it a full rewrite.
Before their inevitable cancellation of the project.
So currently- not.

I think it's the nature of the game. the rules themselves are incredibly complex and faceted. they weren't ever thought to be put in a game and are plenty of special cases, restrictions on valid actions, multiple choices for unit attacks and special abilities that influence every other unit differently, enemy that have different resistances  and specific resistances to specific weapons.

however you gonna implement it, it will result in a mess. the only way around would be to recicle the UX and implement simpler rules under the hood, but would you play it if it had the same setting but with warstuff rules?

Acceleration

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: July 15, 2016, 04:41:58 am »

I've been trolling through this thread for a while now. A moment of silence for all those great coders/artists whom dropped the game in fear for what it might do to them legally.....

That said, could someone link me to the most recent update/rip/zip of this game? I've been going through the thread for a while now and my mind is basically fried on trying to find these things.

Rixoli, check the 1d4chan page linked on page one of this thread for the versions.

NivlacSupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: July 31, 2016, 06:25:26 pm »

I have a question and a problem. how do I send boarding parties? I've got 10 armed with lascutters and boarding shields and 10 with a variety of ranged weapons, shields and plasma bombs. my problem is I can see my marines. where they should be is just a green rectangle

NivlacSupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: August 09, 2016, 03:50:03 pm »

on the off chance that journier is still working on this and reading the thread (his last update a few months ago said he was still here) I would like to request a white crusaders/killwatch/fun setting that lets us breach the codice genericus and lets us have like 5000 generic space soldiers split into 50 regiments

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: August 09, 2016, 11:16:39 pm »

I have a question and a problem. how do I send boarding parties? I've got 10 armed with lascutters and boarding shields and 10 with a variety of ranged weapons, shields and plasma bombs. my problem is I can see my marines. where they should be is just a green rectangle
Last I remember, ship to ship combat did not have boarding parties implemented, but I stopped a few versions before the last.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: August 10, 2016, 01:06:03 am »

Ehm, as I remember you need to click set boarders in chapter management menu on those marines you want to act as boarders.
And there is some menu with chapter tactics or something like that, where you set up boarding settings. ( like usage of plasma bombs/ automatic boarding)
Sadly, Duke never implemented comandeering ships ;-;

NivlacSupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: August 10, 2016, 04:36:08 am »

I got boarding sorted out and the marine thing fixed. now I just a need to know how to turn to chaos

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: August 10, 2016, 07:26:56 am »

Flow was given the choice between making the SM game the community wanted and risking to have to stop on everything

How big's the risk? Have they gone to court much?
GW is pretty sue happy. Has been for decades.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: August 10, 2016, 08:10:12 am »

well alien assault was let live after it was stripped of trademarked names, so it's a text swap away from infringing but all is fine (mods that restore it however are considered infringing on their own, so the problem would still be there)

Spoiler: notspacehulk.jpeg (click to show/hide)

NivlacSupreme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: August 10, 2016, 02:34:33 pm »

well alien assault was let live after it was stripped of trademarked names, so it's a text swap away from infringing but all is fine (mods that restore it however are considered infringing on their own, so the problem would still be there)

so it's not fine I you don't profit? I figured it would be ok if the regular game was generic and they made money from that but the mods were non profit. basically every company except from GW seems ok with mods for games.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: August 10, 2016, 02:46:56 pm »

so it's not fine I you don't profit? I figured it would be ok if the regular game was generic and they made money from that but the mods were non profit. basically every company except from GW seems ok with mods for games.

GWS predates the entire concept of mods. They care about unlicensed use of the IP and art, period. They're old fashioned but their business encompasses more than just video games.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 288