Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800214 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2970 on: February 29, 2016, 01:07:32 pm »

What if, this game concept gets picked up by a commercial house? I mean, if GW take their heads out of their asses for a moment and hire a company to do this game in a proper way with proper missions a la XCom, Down of War 2, Jagged Alliance dotted with Battlefleet Gothic Armada or whatever it fits?

I could bet my gonads it would sell well enough.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: February 29, 2016, 01:18:15 pm »

It'd be a good indie niche title. But I can't see CM in its current form being a breakout market hit.

It's very much of the older style of 90s management games. Very micro. Very few animations or graphics. The joy in looking at a spreadsheet and converting it to imaginative fun isn't something a lot of gamers share.

My worry would be it would get picked up and then completely morphed into something unrecognizable, and unfluffy, as CM.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: February 29, 2016, 01:19:27 pm »

CM?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: February 29, 2016, 01:22:04 pm »

Chapter Master.....:|
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: February 29, 2016, 01:30:29 pm »

Are you saying CM is unfluffy? I feel something got lost in translation here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: February 29, 2016, 01:32:48 pm »

--Morphed into something Unrecognisable as CM.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: February 29, 2016, 01:54:40 pm »

Oh I see... well I wouldn't think a company trying to make CM would do something not CM, but I get what you mean. It take a single glance to recent gaming history to see how great projects and ideas have been made into rubbish cash grab crap.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2977 on: February 29, 2016, 02:03:01 pm »

I could see a remake of Chaos Gate with additonal Chapter Management mechanics. Basically XCOM with Wh40k overlay.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Gorim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: February 29, 2016, 02:26:23 pm »

I could see a remake of Chaos Gate with additonal Chapter Management mechanics. Basically XCOM with Wh40k overlay.

for now, I would even take a playable Chaos Gates that doesn't crash my game when I kill an heretic -_-

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: February 29, 2016, 02:40:26 pm »

Bet someone's going to make that in X-com with the modding tools, but yes I would love to see a remake or at least updated version of Chaos Gate.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: February 29, 2016, 03:07:43 pm »

Whats wrong with the GOG version?  They usually do a good job testing their emulation for each game.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: February 29, 2016, 03:11:14 pm »

Whats wrong with the GOG version?  They usually do a good job testing their emulation for each game.

There's a GoG version now? Gotta get on that then.

I had entirely forgotten about that.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:27:43 pm by ZebioLizard2 »

Gorim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: February 29, 2016, 04:36:01 pm »

If you guys got the GoG Version working please tell me how! Im still stuck in the secound level due to this bug :/

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: February 29, 2016, 04:47:53 pm »

If you guys got the GoG Version working please tell me how! Im still stuck in the secound level due to this bug :/

Is this the one?:   http://www.compatdb.org/forums/topic/46630-wh40k-chaos-gate-solution-to-the-cultist-bug/

Gorim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: February 29, 2016, 05:08:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure I've tried that one and it did not work, but I will check again tomorrow. Also, my crash occures (most time) in the exploding on the heretic, no plasma involed, just a bolt

https://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_40000_chaos_gate/game_crashes_when_killing_a_specific_heretic_mission_2
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 288