Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800074 times)

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2895 on: January 10, 2016, 11:56:14 pm »

The source was released in the files Duke gave out when he quit. Within those files is a .gmx file/folder, which contains a number of game objects. There are two ways to access/edit these:

First, you can load the project up into Game Maker (the software used to create the game originally) and edit the scripts there.

Second, you can open the .gml files in notepad or your text editor of choice, as they're actually just plain text files with a different file extension.

GML is Game Maker Language (or thereabouts), and is a simplified scripting language used solely for Game Maker scripts.

The "current" coders haven't released anything since their original statement of beginning work 3-4 months ago, so as far as helping out teh current project that's not an option yet, but you can certainly take a crack at editing some things in yourself with the project as it was released by Duke.

Hope that helps.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: January 11, 2016, 02:41:10 am »

another bug, i guess: When I try to drag down the scroll bar with the mouse, the thing should stop when I release the mouse button. However, when I do release the mouse button, the scroll bar follows the cursor along the y axis. Any ideas why this is happening?

edit:
Oh, yeah, and I just killed the chaos lord again, but I still have heretic cults popping up everywhere.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:57:46 am by knife23 »

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: January 11, 2016, 02:48:14 am »

another bug, i guess: When I try to drag down the scroll bar with the mouse, the thing should stop when I release the mouse button. However, when I do release the mouse button, the scroll bar follows the cursor along the y axis. Any ideas why this is happening?

Sounds like someone forgot to catch mouse left-up events in some situations, or whatever the equivalent in GML is.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: January 11, 2016, 05:57:40 pm »

of Alarm Event for alarm 3
for object obj_p_fleet:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 154880.w(100072, -2147483648)
at gml_Object_obj_p_fleet_Alarm_3
############################################################################################

kayosetsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: January 15, 2016, 04:38:25 am »

What's the good word, Journier?

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: January 15, 2016, 09:28:07 am »

getting mighty close to release version 0.1 that will have the fixed up code base for everyone to work on. hold tiiighhttttttt
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: January 15, 2016, 10:46:38 am »

Yay!  :D

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: January 15, 2016, 11:21:19 am »

Might close. Cool.
Looking very much forward to it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: January 15, 2016, 07:04:32 pm »

Yeah, I haven't played CM since one of the last Duke versions due to bugs and general wonkiness. Can't wait to get back into it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: January 15, 2016, 11:33:01 pm »

getting mighty close to release version 0.1 that will have the fixed up code base for everyone to work on. hold tiiighhttttttt

So what all will be fixed in this version, just the code base or any bug fixins? (Been a while that I could remember finding your old report posts)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: January 16, 2016, 01:06:56 am »

Basically a massive cleanup. May even have more bugs.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: January 17, 2016, 07:35:12 am »

I suppose as I posted this on /tg/ I should probably post this here too.

Been working on a C++ rebuild for a couple weeks and I've got the marine editing page done so far as a standalone, as well as the basic starmap (minus any content). Will be updating fairly regularly as I add more core features to the game and hoping for a viable V1 release within a month which should do most everything the current CM does, then I can build on it further.

Download link to the basic marine editor is http://wikisend.com/download/826862/ChapterMaster.rar

The Chapter Management button simply brings up a marine editor you can make guys in. Nothing fancy as of yet, but a lot of the core framework has been put in place for the game proper, so I should have more cool stuff coming fairly soon, free time depending.

To change chapter colours you currently have to eidt a text file - this will be a colour picker later on, but as part of the chapter creation screen so it was a bit awkward to inset it into the current build. The file at /Mods/CM/Settings.txt has RGB values for the chapter colours.

Hope you guys get something out of this, I realise it's a far cry from a game currently but hopefully it's proof enough that there's more to come very soon. I'm hanging out every day in #ChapterMaster on the suptg IRC if anyone wants to come and chat about it/offer help/etc. Could really use artists.

-Flow/Streamline

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: January 17, 2016, 07:55:34 am »

I wait with bated breath :) I'd download but Google chrome's downloading always stops halfway for me...
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: January 17, 2016, 10:19:51 am »

This has extreme amounts of promise.
Thanks, Flow.

Huge problem though.
YOU CAN'T CTRL-ESC
I had to bring out another program to bring out the bar at the bottom where all apps are.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:54:14 am by SkeletusAurelius »

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: January 18, 2016, 08:55:33 am »

This has extreme amounts of promise.
Thanks, Flow.

Huge problem though.
YOU CAN'T CTRL-ESC
I had to bring out another program to bring out the bar at the bottom where all apps are.

Ah, I see. That's something I'll fix in the next release. Probably a week or so and I'll try to get fully chapter management and chapter creation done for that release.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 288