Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799684 times)

frankensteins poster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2655 on: November 18, 2015, 12:58:49 pm »

I would spend an absolutely embarrassing amount of time on this game if you removed all the actual game play and just let me dress up the guys in different armors and pin purity seals and laurel wreaths and trophy racks and helmet plumes on them.

In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium, there is only....fashion.
I definitely have made a chapter with that color scheme.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 18, 2015, 01:23:21 pm »

I would spend an absolutely embarrassing amount of time on this game if you removed all the actual game play and just let me dress up the guys in different armors and pin purity seals and laurel wreaths and trophy racks and helmet plumes on them.

.... I'm ashamed i cannot make this dream come true just yet.

In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium, there is only....fashion.

You, sir, may have a hat tip.
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 18, 2015, 01:42:52 pm »

I think this is the primary selling point of many computer games.  Basically every MMO ever made, the Bethesda 'TES' games, even diablo-likes such as Torchlight and whatever.

People like to play dress-up. 

Related, people also like to play house with their dollies, doing interior decoration and such, arranging and displaying item collections, etc.

As someone who spent crazy amounts of time painting tiny little dolls, I do appreciate a good dress-up and play-house game.  I think you're on to something here.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 18, 2015, 01:47:49 pm »

I feel sprites are nice.

And some old mark armour would be good.

But here is a better idea.

We choose the start date.

Starting early

Gives the older armor marks.

And eventualy the marks are no longer produced and the newer models are used.

Than men could have more own stories as their oldest memeer as honor guard still has the armor from the early days.
And Since we know older stuff is better it would mean your marines armor grows weaker over time.

Still is anyone working on the rest and if they are is there a patreon to support them

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 18, 2015, 02:04:25 pm »

I feel sprites are nice.

Starting early

Than men could have more own stories as their oldest memeer as honor guard still has the armor from the early days.
And Since we know older stuff is better it would mean your marines armor grows weaker over time.

Still is anyone working on the rest and if they are is there a patreon to support them

Journier (i think i spelled that right correct me if not) is our main man for the whole thing being aided by someone else (whose name i forget). I took the sprires on as a bit of fun and... well its gone a bit further.
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 18, 2015, 03:52:06 pm »

I feel sprites are nice.

Starting early

Journier (i think i spelled that right correct me if not) is our main man for the whole thing being aided by someone else (whose name i forget). I took the sprires on as a bit of fun and... well its gone a bit further.
Guess who's fault that is.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 18, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

I'm guessing mine? :L

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 18, 2015, 03:57:01 pm »

I'm guessing mine? :L
I was making a joke at how i obliviously brought a shitstorm of creativity by prompting people to do new armor marks, but since we have a culprit now.

BURN HERETIC!

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 18, 2015, 04:16:39 pm »

You should work with these new main guys.

And their names and any info would be handy. Tomorrow I should have some time for a video.

These new sprites and fixing of images *thanks* have restored my faith in the emperor

Any special Banners people want , homeworld? stats? Names , special roles , kind of master comon people suggestions chapter master is almsot as worse as dwarf fortress let's make some holy firework to show the sprites of shadow!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8jmCQQHvQWoFoyLQfEvl4w/videos

But I do warn often have tech heresies and chaoos ended a good run

Are there new weapon spriets yet?

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 18, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »

And their names and any info would be handy. Tomorrow I should have some time for a video.

These new sprites and fixing of images *thanks* have restored my faith in the emperor

Any special Banners people want , homeworld? stats? Names , special roles , kind of master comon people suggestions chapter master is almsot as worse as dwarf fortress let's make some holy firework to show the sprites of shadow!!

I have many ideas but i'm rather concerned people wont like em'. And your links broken.

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 18, 2015, 04:30:08 pm »

I have many ideas but i'm rather concerned people wont like em'. And your links broken.
I wish to hear these ideas, if you don't mind.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 18, 2015, 04:33:23 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: November 18, 2015, 04:37:21 pm »

I mean, there are literally hundreds of banners per Chapter you could implement if you want to go that route.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 18, 2015, 04:43:16 pm »

I'm talking about doing  run with a custom banner made using gimp i'm not offering to make or copy banners for every single chapter.

You know suggestions when I make the custo chapter tomorrow and do a recording session

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 18, 2015, 05:14:09 pm »

I wish to hear these ideas, if you don't mind.
Its mostly a list names and a rank/role generator for unique chapters. Couple of diplomacy things i have in mind too. I could also write random unit history for marines who are super-distinguished.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 288