Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799679 times)

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2640 on: November 17, 2015, 05:35:12 pm »

Actualy with the ability to make sprites you could technicaly make a legion mod.

Make the map bigger more marines and playing a primarch

it could be a tutorial level

a kind of easy level

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: November 17, 2015, 05:44:11 pm »

Actualy with the ability to make sprites you could technicaly make a legion mod.

Make the map bigger more marines and playing a primarch

it could be a tutorial level

a kind of easy level
Yes, but then you'd only have 1 legion because its a tutorial. If we mod it we can use all 20

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: November 17, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »

More art. Should Ijust collect every piece of art iI can find for a specific legion and put them into one post?

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: November 17, 2015, 06:34:05 pm »

At the moment were literally just creating armour sprites, i only need pictures of armour. Doesnt have to be specific to a legion or anything, but lets start with 5 pre heresy armours, so you can turn your game into a "preheresy chapter". Find your favorite custom armours, like the death guard, and post them here or pm me.

Unfortunatly, this is currently only sprites, im not even sure the game could handle 10'000 marines, and the marine customization would be nearly impossible with a thousand marines per company. There might be a way round it, say you control one small part of a legion rather than a whole legion.
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: November 17, 2015, 06:39:40 pm »

wouldwe than finaly have other chapters to deal with?

like duke ever planned

But let's not and keep it chapter master.

Events should be completed and have more effects most likly using

like feasts with nobility should increase dispoition , all we need is a way to get some more req so we can buy ships and actualy recruit marines
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:09:53 pm by phoden »

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: November 17, 2015, 08:29:40 pm »

Some Armor Types/Modifications I want to see (Death Guard Edition)

Another few things I think we need is a sprite for the boarding shield (Unless there is one already) And Cyclone Missile Launchers for our glorious terminators, M'lord.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:48:01 pm by Bacon_commando »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: November 18, 2015, 01:38:48 am »

I'd like to see Crusade and Heresy style armors. It'd go well with (if they ever get incorporated by code some how) artifacts, since most anything that's awesome is old as shit anyways. Even if the game can't really make use of them in a novel way, they still look bad ass.

Just some random older and non-traditional SM armors I like the look of:

Some of the older Crusade era armor.

I like the sort of non-traditional looking, individual chapter flair designs.

I really like the sort of "Mask over the Helmet" look.

Makes Space Marines look like Knights.

Ultramarines sport a lot of this kind of armor design.

Basically anything out of this pic would be awesome.

I sort of like the simplicity of this one too.

Flair stuff like this would be cool too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:25:22 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TrashMan

• Bay Watcher
  • PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: November 18, 2015, 05:43:55 am »

A question - how do we stand on designs that aren't 100% canon, but aren't against canon.

Like, we know there are a million variations of a lasgun or a SM helmet or bolter and such. If one were to make a variant that isn't taken from an "approved art source", could that be used?

For example, look at the helmet on my avatar.
My custom chapter: (prepare to cringe)
http://wh40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Knights

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: November 18, 2015, 06:36:09 am »

Well at the moment the problem is that you cant select sprites per marine, it is a whole chapter conversion. Im pretty sure any variation could be made, however it means all of one armour class will be the same. Of course the obvious wirk around there is to make the special armours artificer, mk3/4/6/8 so you can give special marines special armours.

I think the custom weapons sprites is a good shout, though again all bolters would be custom.

We would need a new updated UI designed with armour selection per marine to make it different.
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: November 18, 2015, 07:37:49 am »

I'd say we take our art from the defunct ccg, so forgeworld doesn't sue us to hell. And frankly their designs are blank as hell anyways.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: November 18, 2015, 07:59:45 am »

At the moment were literally just creating armour sprites, i only need pictures of armour. Doesnt have to be specific to a legion or anything, but lets start with 5 pre heresy armours, so you can turn your game into a "preheresy chapter". Find your favorite custom armours, like the death guard, and post them here or pm me.

Unfortunatly, this is currently only sprites, im not even sure the game could handle 10'000 marines, and the marine customization would be nearly impossible with a thousand marines per company. There might be a way round it, say you control one small part of a legion rather than a whole legion.
Back in the day there were actual chapters in the legions. All you need do is play around with the names and organizations.

A question - how do we stand on designs that aren't 100% canon, but aren't against canon.

Like, we know there are a million variations of a lasgun or a SM helmet or bolter and such. If one were to make a variant that isn't taken from an "approved art source", could that be used?

For example, look at the helmet on my avatar.
But wouldn't that cause hundreds of different people with different designs? Not that i have anything against it, but it's too much work for one person.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:07:42 am by SkeletusAurelius »

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: November 18, 2015, 08:05:49 am »

Wooops, fucked it up.

frankensteins poster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: November 18, 2015, 12:00:29 pm »

I would spend an absolutely embarrassing amount of time on this game if you removed all the actual game play and just let me dress up the guys in different armors and pin purity seals and laurel wreaths and trophy racks and helmet plumes on them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: November 18, 2015, 12:04:03 pm »

I would spend an absolutely embarrassing amount of time on this game if you removed all the actual game play and just let me dress up the guys in different armors and pin purity seals and laurel wreaths and trophy racks and helmet plumes on them.

In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium, there is only....fashion.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: November 18, 2015, 12:57:44 pm »

In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium, there is only....fashion.

Dat "fashion" ....

How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 288