Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799634 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2610 on: November 10, 2015, 06:52:02 pm »

I'm gonna go ahead and put this in the OP. Thanks for the fix.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

TheGreatZobom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 11, 2015, 06:48:16 am »

Made liberating angels space combat themed chapter. Starting sector was full of orks, tau and heretics. In seemingly vain attempts to slow down ork waagh the dark age of technology  battleship was discovered. By emperors blessing the new ship appeared on that planet each month, soon the chapter had several liberation fleets with 7 slaughtersongs in each. This made  lifes of heretics and xenos short and miserable.
After liberating STC from mechanicus vaults , the red robed guys got insane for some strange heretical reason, which I cant understand, and they refused to provide the chapter new weapons. So the liberty angels had to perform liberation campaign on the forgeworlds. If the final destination of your path is sainthood, you can afford yourself some minor war crimes anyway.
After nuking forge worlds, the exact copies of marines began to appear, increasing chapter numbers. One more emperors blessing!

After inquisition not understanding doctrine of achieving great sainthood through  crimes  like using demonic weapons, breaking codex size by accumulating five thousands of marines ,vanishment of inquisitors trying to inspect the vault full of demonic artifacts or exterminatusing shrine world for not praying enough and to make ecclesiarchy notice epic sainthood of the chapter, the imperial navy , sisters of battle and inquisition for some strange heretical reasons became as heretical as mechanicus, so they were soon gifted liberation.
Corrupt and vile eldar farseer tried to warn the chapter master, that there may be  some heresy in saint deeds of his chapter. Of course such false accusations could not end up without liberation.  Then the final liberation of eldar craftworld with exterminatus device ended up with save corrupting crash. May the bell of the lost souls ring 5349 times.
The infinite slaughtersongs and replicating marines bugs were prety funny.

LOL!!! When you realized that you're stopped being a chapter and became a legion?

TheGreatZobom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 11, 2015, 07:06:49 am »

Guardsman111, nice sprites very neat! Now my chapter is 99% Tactical! Scout => Tactical... loooong 50xp road for those scouts... Only a few proud will survive...

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 12, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »

That's awesome, Guardsman111! Is it possible to get a source code variation of it?

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 12, 2015, 06:49:42 pm »

Uhhhh shouldnt be a problem. New sprites or old sprites?
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 12, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »

Well I've just tried launching this on my laptop again after having given up long ago due to crashing at startup issues, and lo and behold, it seems to be working.
But I do get the green squares for some sprites, and when I try fixing it as instructed, I get great big red Xs for all sprites instead. Any ideas?

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 13, 2015, 11:30:24 am »

You downloaded the new data.win file? Followed the instructions to the letter?

You also did copy over all the new images from the mod file? It was split into two files, IAS and CM, you need to download both and whe fully installed copy the new data.win over. Just to make sure.

Just trying to help let us know if it still doesnt work :)
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 13, 2015, 12:16:58 pm »

No worries, and thanks for the helping hand. I admit I'm nearing the age when being bamboozled by the computer-savvy whizz-kids and their casual expertise becomes a fact of life.

What I did earlier, was copy the CM zip file to a newly-created 'mods' directory in the IAS home directory (I never did any 'installing' though, just extract the IAS files; not that I see any option to do so), because that's what I understood had to be done from the instructions in the OP.
This resulted in the mod properly loading, but with green placeholder sprites all over the place.

Trying the fix, neither of the data files worked (both giving the red crosses for missing images and sprites, as I understand), despite having copied in the diplomacy files. I also tried unzipping the mod file, and copying the diplomacy images directly into CM mod folders.

However, now I decided to read the conspicuous 'instructions.txt' file in the IAS folder, and extracted the mod files directly in there. After copying the data files it works 'fine'.
That is, all the sprites seem to be where they should, but the marines have a very ugly green background, and generally look pretty damn ugly, as if their colour palette was borked:
(that's 'unshaded' sprites; similar effect for the other data file)
I remember it looking much better back when.

By the way, some spellchecking would be nice here and there. Do you guys need a hand with that?

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 13, 2015, 06:02:19 pm »

Thank the Emperor.

I made some video's of chapter master I mean Ias a few months back and found it horrible production had stopped.

Happy to see its not dead!!!

So when can we expect the cleaned version (just wondering , because eventhough all my images work , the resources and sprites for marines still don't work for me which realy breaks dying immersion)

Also I just mayby something ufn in the future would be rather than chapter master Primarch mod control a legion rather than a achapter. (but srs just focus on chapter master it is amazing!)

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 13, 2015, 06:34:21 pm »

Il Plazzo - Yeah the green back ground is a pain, havent worked that one out yet. The shaded sprites only kick in in-game not during creation.

Phoden - try the fix suggested in the OP on the new version, that will get all of the sprites working correctly. Ofc, if it doesnt, let me know :)

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: November 13, 2015, 06:53:22 pm »

I already did that.

I mean I downloaded latets ver of chapter master and IAS.

the ones in the list on the wiki (or do it have to be the 2 links at top?)

I saw your sprites so I took the shaded sprites and placed them in my main chapter master directory.

Than I took the diplomacy rar and extraxted into the diplomacy map.

When I reloaded the only thing that changed was that my ver went from 7.010 to 6.58 again or something along those lines.

If I did anything wrong like for example I should have taken both unshaded and shaded sprite tell me

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 14, 2015, 12:33:51 pm »

When you say your chapter master directory, did you replace the old data.win that for your IAS version will be wherever you installed that to? And have you placed the files from the chapter master download in a seperate "mod" folder or into the main images and icons folders?

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 14, 2015, 01:37:20 pm »

I put the spirte update directly into IAS (after i had directly put the chapter master mod in IAS)

Not in a mod folder. is this my fault?

Also the IAS zip doesn't have a mod folder
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:52:42 pm by phoden »

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 14, 2015, 03:20:47 pm »

I dont know, im trying to figure it out and its bamboozling me xD trying to recreate the problem but it works for me no matter how many times i delete and start over. Send me a pm so i can help you sort this out.

Edit: Sounded snappy but wasn't meant too.

Also if anyone else has installed the new sprites can you please tell me the installation method? Did you just install IAS the normal way or did you go through the game maker method?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:23:44 pm by Guardsman111 »

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 15, 2015, 02:02:01 pm »

I know i have no right to ask this, but could someone make a sprite for this?

In fact, i think it'd be nice to have all the different subtypes and such as optional sprites for those who like the HH.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:06:45 pm by SkeletusAurelius »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 288