Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799627 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2565 on: October 31, 2015, 10:40:59 am »

Well, GW seems pretty liberal with who they give their license to, however, to pay for the license would mean it's no longer a free game.

Depend how much they'd ask for it. Maybe some kind of lump-sum thing, or %age of donations could be arranged.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: November 01, 2015, 11:39:38 am »

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_ncombat:

Unable to find any instance for object index '60' name 'obj_img'
at gml_Object_obj_ncombat_Alarm_0
############################################################################################

Got this while attempting to play the whole "Chaos Lord is nowhere to be seen, it's a trap" battle.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 01, 2015, 02:37:28 pm »

thanks for the bug report.  8)
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: November 01, 2015, 06:16:14 pm »

I definitely see no problem in Journier (or others) asking for donations to help with the work but a kickstarter/greenlight would be a bit jarring unless there was a significant diversion from what Duke did before.

Whilst I'm wary about the 'too many cooks spoil the broth' syndrome that can happen when you open things like this up, I feel CM has such a coherent vision that it'll be able to mostly continue in an orderly fashion.
CataDDA for instance, struggled at one point (in my opinion) as there were so many different people trying to put all their specific ideas into one game - some wanted it to be a wacky 'Saints Row in the future', others wanted it to be a scifi shootery blast-em-up and others wanted it to be a gritty and realistic apocalypse sim. CM is pretty coherent and Duke has made such a lot of progress already that it's already on a solid track, it just needs to be improved upon, stabilised and have a bit of added improved functionality.

As a caveat to this, I'd strongly suggest that Journier/Thy Reaper compile a to-do list of bugfixes/issues/features so that there's a bit of direction for people that want to get involved. Perhaps we could start some suggestions in this thread to be added to it?

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: November 01, 2015, 06:49:45 pm »

Lets join together and be something bigger and stronger than Chaos.

So we all must join the Greater Good?

TheGreatZobom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: November 04, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »

Journier/TR, you guys will still proceed with the development sugested by Duke? Like capturing vessels with boarding party, new battle presentation and such? Or you guys plan are more like to improve the code for now?

Thy Reaper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 04, 2015, 03:34:36 pm »

The current goal is just to rework the codebase to be more generic, consistent, and easier to maintain in the future. We haven't decided on any particular plans beyond that yet.

TheGreatZobom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: November 04, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »

Great, it would be awesome if you guys could do what Journier did in the beginning, like post some founds in the code, small tips of how the mechanics involved work, that kind of thing... Its great to keep people interested...

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
  • 91st Special Action Regiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: November 05, 2015, 01:13:00 pm »

I don't know how interested you guys are but I put together an advanced sprite pack for customization of your mereeens, basically adds a load of shading over the top of the standard sprites to give you a more realistic look.

http://imgur.com/a/98JE5

it was a personal project but I thought it would benefit the game as a whole, even if only slightly, for now :)
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2574 on: November 05, 2015, 01:16:39 pm »

I actually wanted to suggest redoing the sprites one day but they look fucking cool with something as simple as shading. Now we just need sprites for erry weapon and stuff.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: November 05, 2015, 01:45:00 pm »

when you say erry weaponry.... what do you mean..? :L

I'm working on new weapon sprites, once I worked out how to code them to overlay it was easy, after shading I think energy effect or blood effects might be a good place to go...
Check out Special Space Force, an army management sci-fi strategy game, at www.bitsparkentertainment.co.uk

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: November 05, 2015, 01:56:39 pm »

Oh man that shading looks hawt.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2577 on: November 05, 2015, 02:32:44 pm »

There is a bunch that aren't in game IIRC, mostly combi-whatever. Don't have a list, ATM I don't even have the game on my disk. :X
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Thy Reaper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: November 05, 2015, 03:05:54 pm »

Great, it would be awesome if you guys could do what Journier did in the beginning, like post some founds in the code, small tips of how the mechanics involved work, that kind of thing... Its great to keep people interested...

Well, right now I'm refactoring just about every file that references marines to change them to use object oriented code rather than a large number of global arrays. It's a lot less interesting to talk about than some of the other things I've worked on so far, and takes a lot longer.

Guardsman111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: November 05, 2015, 04:09:27 pm »

There is a bunch that aren't in game IIRC, mostly combi-whatever. Don't have a list, ATM I don't even have the game on my disk. :X

Oh yes, there are a few, ill take a look
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 288