Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799781 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2475 on: October 21, 2015, 07:54:57 pm »

where are updates going to show up?
we'll have updates available after the massive code cleanup. I cant honestly give a timeline there is a whole lot of work and very little feature additions to show for it. so between now and the heat death of the universe.

But when the update does go out, ill post it here, it should clean up a massive amount of the crashes in the games last release hopefully. If not hopefully we'll have added a way to find any found easily.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:48:15 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 21, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »

Just wanted to say thanks for picking up the torch, Journier!

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 21, 2015, 08:55:43 pm »

Update #2

Today we went through the Massive Random Event file, and restructured it massively for readability. cut its size down from over 1000 lines to below 300 lines. Seperated the random events to their own respective files to easily find and modify their effects instead of inside of a single giant random event file.

Also, never take the shitty luck attribute in game because that effects every random event you could imagine badly. probably the only game I can remember where the bad luck attribute actually probably did something noticeable.

Found the Fucko string... giant dense code thing of death. IDK what it is, left it alone.

Cleaned up the chaos invasion random event, cleaned up the necron event to avoid any crashes in relation to their awakening maybe.

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 21, 2015, 09:18:45 pm »

Well there's a reason that trait is given to the worst lucked chapter in the Imperium.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 21, 2015, 11:52:24 pm »

Good work Journier and Co! (I assume there is Co we should also be thanking?)

At the very least, once you've done the spring cleaning it should be a lot easier to get more stuff done with the game.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 22, 2015, 01:07:32 am »

Trying to get in contact with Duke about the Rights associated with his release of the source, sent him an email.
Since when do rights apply to something that already infringes on copyright?

added some DF reference.
Ew.

Today we went through the Massive Random Event file, and restructured it massively for readability. cut its size down from over 1000 lines to below 300 lines. Seperated the random events to their own respective files to easily find and modify their effects instead of inside of a single giant random event file.
Are you opening up the possibility for easily developed community-sourced random events? Because that would be quite awesome, although hopefully there would be some sort of barrier to keep out low quality content and jokes that don't fit the tone.

Also, never take the shitty luck attribute in game because that effects every random event you could imagine badly.
It's for playing as the Lamentors. It's supposed to be that way. It's not something you take because you want to make the game easier, but ease isn't what everyone wants out of a game.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 22, 2015, 07:01:57 am »

Yeah, part of me feels like adding a big dose of DF memeiness would be a mistake. CM is for the masses after all. Also, while I like code spoilage as much as the next guy, one should tread carefully there.

You're doing the Emperor's work J.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2482 on: October 22, 2015, 08:55:03 am »

Eh, some DF around wouldn't really hurt, usually /tg/ understands an Imperial Fuckton of vidya memes. 1d4chan is actually a pretty good place for le 40k maymays, implying someone doesn't know better.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 22, 2015, 10:03:20 am »

There's already DF memes in there. I just don't know if we need more.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: October 22, 2015, 10:44:39 am »

I doubt the reference is going to be too blatant, and the trophy room is obscure enough a place to put it in.

Thanks for the insight about Bad Luck, Journier Somehow, it made the attribute only more attractive.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2485 on: October 22, 2015, 10:58:25 am »

There's already DF memes in there. I just don't know if we need more.
This game is literally only half-serious because there is shitton of maymays from Wh40k community, we can have some more DF, especially considering that the dev forum is here anyway. T
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: October 22, 2015, 04:51:54 pm »

if only you guys knew how many memes are in the code.

Literally we added a single DF meme into the trophy room. Theres memes in this game from the code on up. Literally everywhere...

They were already there.

Update #3

Fixed star generation to give you a range of star numbers to have 65-75, before it was trying 120x to create 70 stars, and if it failed the fewer stars youd have. fixed that.
changed the vehicle system to a more reasonable version, faster, easier to work with and change for future revisions. It doesnt sound like much until you understand that the code base isnt properly spaced out, 1000 lines in some of these files can equal 2000 lines properly spaced a majority of the time...

found something called this in the code
then old_dudes+=1;
no clue, whats being referenced save it for later.

Update 3.1

Made armors a Moddable file so anyone can change the values once game is installed.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:48:45 pm by Journier »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2487 on: October 22, 2015, 05:00:28 pm »

if only you guys knew how many memes are in the code.

Literally I added a single DF meme into the trophy room. Theres memes in this game from the code on up. Literally. they were already there.
That's what I'm saying basically. This game was supposed to be maymay from start. Also the game itself is literally a fucking meme back on /tg/.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: October 22, 2015, 05:59:41 pm »

As long as the memes don't get super derpy, I'm fine.

Unrelated question that might be premature, but...Duke was unwilling to give the star map the same sort of face lift he gave the rest of the game. You have any feelings on that Journier?

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 22, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »

what part of the star map do you think needs a facelift and what do you think it might need?

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 288