Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799915 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2400 on: September 25, 2015, 01:16:58 pm »

Important announcement being 'I'm starting my own company', or 'I've quit my day job', is what I'm hoping for. Although the patreon earnings need to climb a bit higher before this game is truly live-off-able.

Maybe it was 'Games Workshop contacted me and said it is ok for me to keep working on the game.'

And we all get to have ponies! magic unisus pegacorn ponies with strap-ons, ribbed for our pleasure.

On the bright side, teardown's rebranded game went to market (free) and robust mods came out for several chapters.  You can still download them, if you dig around a bit.  The mods though, they live skulky hidden lives and if they ever drew much attention then they would probably be squished.

I'm guessing the news might have less to do with word from GW about working on a de-branded game engine, and more about family / job / gender change / mandatory term of enlistment / chaos mutation that prevents keyboard use... you know, normal stuff.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: September 25, 2015, 10:00:54 pm »

I'd like to think it's "GWS contacted me and I'm now making CM under their aegis."

Maybe it was 'Games Workshop contacted me and said it is ok for me to keep working on the game.'

With this as a close second.

It's a GRMDRK world out there though. So I'm not getting my hopes up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: September 25, 2015, 10:48:19 pm »

Space battles being fixed have seriously upped my game, now that I no longer need to avoid heretic or tau fleets.
I mean, I still avoid ork fleets.

Spoiler: Random Bug report (click to show/hide)

Anywho, thinking of making a wiki for Chap Master.
It seems like every answer to most questions in the game are spread over about four forums and 1d4chan.

Except one- If I drop -%hp dreadnoughts on a forgeworld and they get fixed, is there a place I can drop -%hp troops to get patched up?
Bionics is expensive yo.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:45:22 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: September 25, 2015, 11:50:38 pm »

Space battles being fixed have seriously upped my game, now that I no longer need to avoid heretic or tau fleets.
I mean, I still avoid ork fleets.

Spoiler: Random Bug report (click to show/hide)

Anywho, thinking of making a wiki for Chap Master.
It seems like every answer to most questions in the game are spread over about four forums and 1d4chan.

Except one- If I drop -%hp dreadnoughts on a forgeworld and they get fixed, is there a place I can drop -%hp troops to get patched up?
Bionics is expensive yo.

Bionics only cost 5 req each, bro. You just need to play smart and figure out if the guys you want to send to battle are strong enough to take no losses.

The wiki could be a good idea, maybe.

Also, here is a cheesy way to up scouts faster and make them stronger:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: September 26, 2015, 12:15:51 am »

Yeah, I go slot 1 Bolters, slot 2 Sniper rifles.

Although I don't actually know the distances on each fighting pattern. I know that my meltagun veterans had to go closer to the enemy lines in order to do anything.

Other random question:
I recently switched from a Fortress Monastery-based chapter recruiting from a death world
To a Fleet-based chapter recruiting from a hive world.
Recruiting speed has gone WAY down, and I'm still unsure if I need to have my battle-barge constantly hovering over the world in order to recruit new scouts - Do I?
Apparently I only recruit whilst in warp transit towards or away from my recruiting world

The population on the hive world is way higher than that of the death world, but the recruitment speed doesn't seem faster. Is there any difference?

I've swapped out my "Fortress monastery" and "Nearby worlds" income bonuses for the "Battle-Barge trade" bonus. Will that increase if my Battle-Barge moves? Or if I get a second or third?
Keeping the battle-barge over either more or different worlds seems to increase the 'Battle-Barge Trade' bonus by a little ~2

Edit: Answering my own questions a little.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:31:47 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 26, 2015, 04:14:21 am »

I kit out my own scouts with flamers and chainswords, and put them all at the front on bikes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: September 26, 2015, 11:52:19 am »

Yeah, I go slot 1 Bolters, slot 2 Sniper rifles.

Although I don't actually know the distances on each fighting pattern. I know that my meltagun veterans had to go closer to the enemy lines in order to do anything.

Other random question:
I recently switched from a Fortress Monastery-based chapter recruiting from a death world
To a Fleet-based chapter recruiting from a hive world.
Recruiting speed has gone WAY down, and I'm still unsure if I need to have my battle-barge constantly hovering over the world in order to recruit new scouts - Do I?
Apparently I only recruit whilst in warp transit towards or away from my recruiting world

The population on the hive world is way higher than that of the death world, but the recruitment speed doesn't seem faster. Is there any difference?

I've swapped out my "Fortress monastery" and "Nearby worlds" income bonuses for the "Battle-Barge trade" bonus. Will that increase if my Battle-Barge moves? Or if I get a second or third?
Keeping the battle-barge over either more or different worlds seems to increase the 'Battle-Barge Trade' bonus by a little ~2

Edit: Answering my own questions a little.
I think it's described that harsher, less life sustaining worlds give recruits faster due to the pressures of survival.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: September 26, 2015, 06:19:59 pm »

Hive dwellers don't have the right stuff.  Surviving in the undercity of a hive is very different from surviving in a death world.  Skill sets needed don't match, space marines arn't chosen for their social skills and they have to kill things other then mundane humanoids.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 26, 2015, 06:27:08 pm »

Hive dwellers don't have the right stuff.  Surviving in the undercity of a hive is very different from surviving in a death world.  Skill sets needed don't match, space marines arn't chosen for their social skills and they have to kill things other then mundane humanoids.

Might wanna read up on hives, it's very likely that most recruits come from both the upper spires and the lower sections. Which can come standard with horrific mutated animals, monstrous ghouls, and strange creatures that seem to appear as a result of the horrific conditions as well as those that have survived the creations of the hives, and even the Arbiters and others that come down to regularly kill things for fun, hive gangers often have to survive off scraps, polluted water, and in general the lower sections can at times be as bad as death worlds. Typically the best social skill you'll have is "Are they part of my gang/group? No? Kill them and take their stuff to survive longer."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: September 26, 2015, 06:50:06 pm »

Might wanna read up on hives, it's very likely that most recruits come from both the upper spires and the lower sections.

I thought those were Spryers, not Astartes. Read up on it, and Hives are apparently second-best after Feral Worlds. EDIT: Re-read the sentence where that was stated :-[. Still, I'd say a Death World will make a man out of a Marine, or kill him. Often, it kills him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 26, 2015, 07:37:04 pm »

Plus, if, say, the Hives are constantly at war, and political backstabbings and the like are such a fact of life that you may as well be on a death world...

And then of course there's the advantage of sheer numbers to choose from.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 26, 2015, 08:27:37 pm »

Yeah, I thought a hive world would have more recruits to start the training, but you'd lose more in the process.
Which, given the geneseed algorithm, wasn't too much of a worry for me.

That being said, after realizing that 2 gene-seed test slaves every 5 months can set me up with a pretty endless supply for no cost, no extra chance of mutation and no lost loyalty, I've just done that.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: September 26, 2015, 09:33:40 pm »

Played the game for a bit and saw it pretty neat. But how do you get more gen seeds?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: September 26, 2015, 10:51:06 pm »

When marines die, if you have apocatheries.

Also if the 10th company isn't full, they won't recruit.

... Ok, probably gonna do the wiki now...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 11:06:16 pm by Tack »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: September 27, 2015, 06:44:26 am »

When marines die, if you have apocatheries.

Also if the 10th company isn't full, they won't recruit.

... Ok, probably gonna do the wiki now...

There's plenty of information on the 1d4chan page, including the weapon stats of all weapons ingame.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 288