Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800037 times)

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2340 on: September 09, 2015, 01:49:08 pm »

1) Thanks for it

2) So it's nearly completly useless.

I would only use exterminatus
-Daemon world
-necron world

But I have to win a battle?

I gues I could use it at the place where the chaos lord hides.
Send a marine battle agaisnt nothing and than blow it up.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: September 09, 2015, 02:01:52 pm »

Now we need a game like Chapter Master but about glorious Imperial Guard .... That would be fucking awesome <3
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 09, 2015, 02:14:35 pm »

Now we need a game like Chapter Master but about glorious Imperial Guard .... That would be fucking awesome <3

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151256.0

The thread is a bit slow, but I believe that it's still being worked on.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 09, 2015, 02:33:55 pm »

I've also begun in my spare time making a mass-warfare game in the style of the Imperial Guard.

(But, being pretty new at C#, my code is ugly as sin and lacks depth)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 09, 2015, 02:39:20 pm »

Yep!  I have been super busy recently, and I don't want to put another update out unless I have something to show for it.

I've also begun in my spare time making a mass-warfare game in the style of the Imperial Guard.

If you want to collaborate let me know, I would be down.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 09, 2015, 02:46:31 pm »

Question , jsut to be sure.

Recruit works like this.

each recruiting world has a percentage to give a neophyte.
This percentage is augmented by the funds given and the type of training?

or is it also augmented by certain other choices like recruiting world type and population?

Because I just tested it a bit to get 2 recruiting worlds at max funds.

And was utterly shocked to see that my 10 test slaves where more than enfough to support all the gene seed for constant recruitment.

I couldn't look further in this experiment as the game crashes when you have more neopythes than there is room to show on the recruitment tab

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 09, 2015, 03:00:06 pm »

Yep!  I have been super busy recently, and I don't want to put another update out unless I have something to show for it.

I'd be super up for collaboration. Learning C# on your own is hard, and there's not even a Codecademy course for it.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 09, 2015, 04:00:17 pm »

I'd be super up for collaboration. Learning C# on your own is hard, and there's not even a Codecademy course for it.

Yeah, it's a weird combination of Java and C++.  Are you working on unity?  I can put my project on dropbox and you can look at it.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 09, 2015, 04:30:35 pm »

Yeah, unity2D C#.

It'd be interesting to see how much you've managed to do, mine's currently more of a weighted random number generator than a game.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 09, 2015, 06:24:07 pm »

I see duke sometimes wacthes here.

I'm all for the losing is fun.

But there are about 3 elements which make me stop a game because by the time recovery would be plausible the game is beyond winning.

1) A retreat option : I wouldn't mind if the option was to sacrefish 90% of your troops and equipment. to retreat
But too many times I land a decent marine group who has done the same race and level all the time.

But than suddenly it all goes wrong and you see it , eventhough you have complete control of space. You watch as every single marine is slaugthered.

2) Neophytes recruitment: currently your beste hope of gainig enfough neophytes to last a bit longer is full overdrive recruitment
And this could result in an aspirant with 3-5 months in between.

I understand the trials and the possible organ failure and how long trials can last.

But if I lose 100 astartes with 1 world and the 3-5 months recruiting.
It would take me on averege 400 turns at max recruiting and that is for the aspirants alone.

400 turns is about 36 years
which costs 4000 reqesition

More recruiting worlds solve this but the cost doubles.
And both world's work at a decreased amount but at increased chance you get 1 recruit a month. RNG

But I  support the systeem yet the only thing i'd like to see change is the chance for multible aspirants from a recruiting world.
I looked at the trials.

And to keep the fut in it. the chance for multible aspirant increases the lower your estartes are. As the chapter allows more recruits to recover their numbers.
And maybyb allow recruitment to continue untill 1020 because the sudden stop when at 1000 creates a big gap next time a marine dies.

3)the random trade deals.
in the begin of the game the sector gives a recruiting world for your 20 geneseed and 1300 req.

later in the game for 4000 req he doesn't even bat an eye to the deal. not even unlikly.

Even increasing disposition doesn't improve the deal.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:32:28 pm by phoden »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 10, 2015, 09:13:24 am »

Yeah, unity2D C#.

It'd be interesting to see how much you've managed to do, mine's currently more of a weighted random number generator than a game.

You can check out what I have in that thread I linked, it has some very rough prototypes.

Necroman21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 11, 2015, 07:46:48 am »

Im kinda confused. Will the work on Chapter master continue in the form of a mod for IAS? Or will all work now go into the IAS?

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 11, 2015, 09:11:53 am »

Im kinda confused. Will the work on Chapter master continue in the form of a mod for IAS? Or will all work now go into the IAS?

Duke is working entirely on IAS, our new and completely legitimate game. But someone on 4chan is hopelessly obsessed with making a perfect replica of Chapter Master and is updating the mod impossibly fast whenever IAS updates. I wonder who that anon is.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 11, 2015, 11:43:24 am »

Okay i expect getting some angry stares when i ask this but where can i find the patch notes for the mod and IAS? the chapter master patch notes stated on 1d4 are out of date.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 11, 2015, 02:05:01 pm »

So Around IAS.

your custom cions you can add. Don't seem to work.
Luckly when you place a folder called icons in the main map of IAS.

Any images you place in it will become availeble as custom images for your interstellar army.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 288