Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800057 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2325 on: September 07, 2015, 03:41:00 pm »

Its bugged, take the contents of the mod itself and put it directly into the IAS folder. Yes to replace all.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

wncsnake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: September 07, 2015, 05:15:20 pm »

Which folder do I put them in?  I have tried to dump the files into the mod file every which way, and none of them are working

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: September 07, 2015, 08:01:24 pm »

Which folder do I put them in?  I have tried to dump the files into the mod file every which way, and none of them are working
Just dump them directly into the top IAS folder rather than the Mods one.  That should get it working.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: September 07, 2015, 08:47:47 pm »

Literally just dump them into the IAS folder. Take the chapter master zip file, open it, select everything in there, and click+drag into the IAS folder on your desktop. Replace anything that it asks you to.

Worked for me and its what /tg/ is saying.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: September 08, 2015, 12:18:44 am »

Its bugged, take the contents of the mod itself and put it directly into the IAS folder. Yes to replace all.

I don't know. I still seem to have the same problems.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 08, 2015, 01:51:00 am »

More Advantages/disadvantages would be cool as well, perhaps ... eventual Gene-Seed degradation
Just take a really low gene-seed stability. That's so !!Fun!!, that it'll actually give you twice the usual disadvantage payout. For added flavor take low purity as well, and play as the Chernobyl Chimeras!
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: September 08, 2015, 01:57:08 am »

What did you do exactly? Did you download the mod, put it on your desktop, open it, grab the two files and then click+drag them into the IAS folder on your desktop? If that didn't work then I have no clue what on Earth I did to make it work.

Spoiler: what I did (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:01:32 am by Aedel »

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: September 08, 2015, 11:52:57 am »

Greetings.

Normaly I just read here to try and find some advice to play the game.
And others.

Realy sucks GW destroyed chapter master, I am enjoying IAS now.

The auto zipper also didin't work for me. I run windows 7

I mean I place the zip in the mod place and start the game. So I did the place the chapter master mod contents directly into IAS.

It fixed most of the things.
Except the resource images that are red X's and block my view of my resources and marines.

However unfortunatly , one my favorite features the custom icons for your chapter isn't working. (I beleive you have to place it in extra mod? if it works correctly)
Realy sad Cuz I like the feature for my channel , cuz latly I made some video's.

It reminds me of that dwarf fortressy challange .
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8jmCQQHvQWoFoyLQfEvl4w

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: September 08, 2015, 08:49:55 pm »

What did you do exactly? Did you download the mod, put it on your desktop, open it, grab the two files and then click+drag them into the IAS folder on your desktop? If that didn't work then I have no clue what on Earth I did to make it work.

I directly unzip the files from the mod to the IAS folder, replacing all.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:47 pm »

I directly unzip the files from the mod to the IAS folder, replacing all.

I have no idea what the problem is then, I just redownloaded it and did it again to see if it was that which worked and not something else. Its working fine for me.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: September 09, 2015, 01:22:08 am »

Just dump them directly into the top IAS folder rather than the Mods one.  That should get it working.

Are you referring to the Empty Mod folder? Or just the whole IAS folder?

Also, about the killing the Chaos lord. Is it a bug that killing him spawns ever more heretic uprisings, or is that a feature?

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: September 09, 2015, 11:25:49 am »

Well I tried on IAS to find a map with the tau since in the previous versions if you conquered one of hteir original worlds it fliped to no one.

So Now I tried now its weird.

The planet flips to noe-one again.
But the solar system doesn't
But now endless tau spawn on the planet.

Also something I don't understand.
The tau take planets by the imperium or make them turn diplomaticaly (seems weird sicne they are able to turn planets that have adeptus sororitas on them, and tyranids)
(yeah one of their starting systeems has a planet owned by the eclesiarchy)

anotehr thing. If the tau fleets stays above a world stripped of life but in control by the tyranids.
They will corrupt the planet to the greater good. But the planet never flips because tyranids don't care about the greater good.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: September 09, 2015, 11:42:15 am »

Tyrannids joining the greater good is an amusing notion.
Kroot, tyrannids, pretty much the same thing yeah? :P
(Of course by that logic, those brain-eating Astartes should be joining the Greater Good too)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

phoden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: September 09, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »

the problem is.

The Tau never leave the planets with tyanids on it and 0 population.
Worlds I can never reclaim.

I mean not without losing ships , which ofcourse take forever to get new ones.

Since the only viable way to get planets to pay tiths to you without the inquisition delcaring you evil.

Is by defending that world with a force that doesn't die.
So you get 1 or 2 disposition each battle.

so often time you need to fight 20 battles on that planets.
Which neve happens and who has the resources to leave about 300 marines on a planet.

Also 1 question. Some planets are just I'll exterminatus it.
So After a big cost of imperial crusades I own the space above a necron world.

How do I use my exterminatus item. I equipt it and send my guy down , nothing happend.
Except him dying ofcourse

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: September 09, 2015, 01:20:27 pm »

Exterminatus requires you to a) win a battle on the surface with a marine in your force having the bomb equipped and b) not let that marine die (give it to a guy at the back with lots of armor.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 288