Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800064 times)

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2310 on: September 05, 2015, 03:28:51 am »

Quick bug report: I don't seem to be able to select Imperial Fists as a starting chapter (I don't know how long this has been an issue though, I've never tried them before!)

Only certain chapters are playable. Fists and Scars and Raven Guard are unplayable yet, along with most of the other chapters and all of the /tg/ chapters

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: September 05, 2015, 08:56:54 am »

Quick bug report: I don't seem to be able to select Imperial Fists as a starting chapter (I don't know how long this has been an issue though, I've never tried them before!)

Only certain chapters are playable. Fists and Scars and Raven Guard are unplayable yet, along with most of the other chapters and all of the /tg/ chapters

Ahh right, I hadn't noticed that atall! I always just do custom so I hadn't really experienced this.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Deus_Vult

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: September 05, 2015, 03:19:13 pm »

I have a problem - after installing Internstellar Army Simulator and dropping chapter master mod in I still get no images and tles - actually, with or without the mod, all I was getting was red rectangle with red X in it instead of anny images. What I am doing wrong? Could this be the problem becuase I am using Windows 10?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: September 05, 2015, 03:35:23 pm »

Is IAS avaiable for download?

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: September 05, 2015, 11:39:50 pm »

I have a problem - after installing Internstellar Army Simulator and dropping chapter master mod in I still get no images and tles - actually, with or without the mod, all I was getting was red rectangle with red X in it instead of anny images. What I am doing wrong? Could this be the problem becuase I am using Windows 10?

I have the same bug, and I don't have windows 10.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: September 06, 2015, 01:26:06 am »

Yeah, I get empty green screens for looking at my marines, and red X for some other pictures.

On top of that, I'm still getting that bug, where you kill the chaos lord, but then it causes a massive spike in heretic uprisings and daemonic incursions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: September 06, 2015, 09:09:47 am »

I still kinda think that bug is more of a feature.

Of course, it's probably just caused by a negative overflow error - the value goes below the lower bound, so it wraps around to the upper bound.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: September 06, 2015, 11:29:29 am »

Is that kind of like how things were in the Civilization games, where Ghandi decides to nuke someone's ass?

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2318 on: September 06, 2015, 05:44:16 pm »

Yeah, I get empty green screens for looking at my marines, and red X for some other pictures.

On top of that, I'm still getting that bug, where you kill the chaos lord, but then it causes a massive spike in heretic uprisings and daemonic incursions.
My guess for the green screens for marines, you mean like the equipment screens right? They're probably way more complicated to set up a modding infrastructure for so they were just left out for the time being?

As for the other bugs, you guys need to move it into the mod folder, then EXTRACT it there. Just putting the zipped up file shouldn't be enough I think.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:47:56 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: September 06, 2015, 05:46:36 pm »

Try manually unzipping it into the IAS folder.  Supposedly the automatic unzipper (that should unzip stuff from the 'Mods' folder) isn't working for some people.

My guess for the green screens for marines, you mean like the equipment screens right? They're probably way more complicated to set up a modding infrastructure for so they were just left out for the time being?

As for the other bugs, you guys need to move it into the mod folder, then EXTRACT it there. Just putting the zipped up file shouldn't be enough I think.
That is all exactly right.  The equipment screens are a little more fiddly than the rest of the art assets, so I'll have to do some tests with that.

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: September 06, 2015, 06:00:10 pm »

Duke, you once said in a /tg/ thread that the reason for the limits of 4 advantages/disadvantages is because of the UI. Are you planning to change it so the player can pick them until they hit the point cap?

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: September 06, 2015, 11:23:40 pm »

Duke, you once said in a /tg/ thread that the reason for the limits of 4 advantages/disadvantages is because of the UI. Are you planning to change it so the player can pick them until they hit the point cap?

More Advantages/disadvantages would be cool as well, perhaps one that makes you start with less vehicles, or even eventual Gene-Seed degradation

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 07, 2015, 04:44:37 am »

I want a disadvantage that makes the UI even crappier to use.  :P

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: September 07, 2015, 05:10:16 am »

I want a disadvantage that makes the UI even crappier to use.  :P

Dedication to Slaanesh makes the game occasionally just moan and shiver when you click just right instead of doing what you want it to do?

wncsnake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 07, 2015, 03:18:06 pm »

So I am getting the same problem as a few other people. I am creating a folder on my desktop for IAS, and I am putting a mod into the folder marked "mods".  I have zipped directly to it, not unzipped it, pretty much every way I can think of to put the mod in the folder, and I am still getting the big red x on my screen, and I am not able to see any chapters/no pictures.  Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 288