Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800222 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2220 on: August 25, 2015, 09:48:20 am »

I guess it was just a matter of time. Personally, I don't have much interest in playing a re-written version of CM. The world is the reason to play it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2221 on: August 25, 2015, 09:50:16 am »

I guess it was just a matter of time. Personally, I don't have much interest in playing a re-written version of CM. The world is the reason to play it.
The suspicously similar to current version ex-CM mod made by some guy called Earl will bring the world back.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 25, 2015, 11:52:54 am »

Don't worry, a modder with suspiciously good imitiation skills will make a 40k mod within a few hours minutes of the new Chapter Master.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 25, 2015, 04:19:01 pm »

Stop belaboring the question of whether or not it's legal. It's not your problem and all you're doing by mentioning it is performing SEO to make it easier to Google search it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:21:00 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 25, 2015, 05:34:07 pm »

If that's the route Duke's taken it's a very good idea - props to him for having a longevity plan as I'm sure if it keeps growing/improving it'll eventually happen.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: August 25, 2015, 06:39:29 pm »

Did Duke get a cease and desist order? heard a bunch of rumors about it from some other players.
According to 4chan, he didn't but he's preparing for one. /tg/ has been saying that he's changing everything from 40k to generic space game and letting an unknown modder make a 40k mod instead.
This is accurate.  I'm still stripping trademarks and assets, and allowing stuff to be modded, which is extremely monotonous.

Don't worry, a modder with suspiciously good imitiation skills will make a 40k mod within a few hours minutes of the new Chapter Master.
Very likely.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: August 25, 2015, 08:40:59 pm »

Well I wish it luck regardless, hopefully that does well enough.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: August 25, 2015, 11:30:20 pm »

I can't wait to play a chapter of SpaceWarriors fighting for the Kingdom of Women against the horrible Gnome OOOOGH!, the ever-hungry Democritus, the crafty Youngar, the traitorous Order Warriors and the mysterious Zau. Prepare the Dolters, it is time to charge them with our chainsaws!

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: August 25, 2015, 11:48:45 pm »

So it finally happened. Could you sneak a quick update in so I can disable the "re download the client" messages? I might want to hang on to my illegal 40k version  ;). Also, what are you renaming things to? Would it affect gameplay in any way, or will it just be CM with the serial numbers filed off? For example, is the chapter selection screen still going to exist? Will entirely new chapters be designed, or will they just be expies?

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 26, 2015, 06:04:50 am »

Well, all good things must come to an end. Or in this case a C&D order.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 26, 2015, 10:07:23 am »

So since Duke Hath Spoken and we can all move on back to the game now...

Has anyone ever come across a tome that was a) non-Chaotic/Daemonic and b) not covered in tentacles and eyeballs anyway?

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 26, 2015, 10:20:28 am »

So since Duke Hath Spoken and we can all move on back to the game now...

Has anyone ever come across a tome that was a) non-Chaotic/Daemonic and b) not covered in tentacles and eyeballs anyway?
You get tomes as minor artifacts when purchased from the admech.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 26, 2015, 11:48:45 am »

Yeah, but not-weird ones though? I've started with stacks of tomes, but even when they're not Chaotic, they still have tentacles and crap.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 26, 2015, 01:38:39 pm »

Tome bought from admech as minor artefacts generally tend to be the 'normal' variety of stuff that doesn't look like slaanesh vomited all over something.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 26, 2015, 05:20:00 pm »

Odd they'd have magic spellbooks lying around.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 288