Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800216 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1995 on: August 11, 2015, 12:34:13 am »

Getting lexicanums into librarians requires getting experience for the lex, doesn't it? While training new librarians only takes ordinary marines and turns them into lex.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:22 am »

Derp. Of course it does. Well it looks like my little lexicanum babies are all about to go on some insanely dangerous missions for the Inquisition.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 11, 2015, 08:54:47 am »

Bug report (I think. It had better be a bug!)

During a purge of a Major heresy world that I'd just killed the Sparse Traitor presence on, I encountered 'an enemy force'. This turned out to be a huge chaos army, which was hella cool. We lost over a hundred of our seven hundred marines in the combat, but my chapter master slew the Chaos Lord (!!!) in close combat.

I get the message that the leader of Chaos has been slain, and that Chaos will trouble the sector no more. On the same turn, traitor presence on the planet goes to Extreme, along with Demon presence to Extreme. A giant fucking chaos fleet pops out of nowhere and instagibs my fleet, killing the chapter master on the next turn as we try to GTFO.

What the fuck? The sector has been cleansed of chaos by slaying their leader, here, have a billion demons as compensation?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: August 11, 2015, 09:45:33 am »

Bug report (I think. It had better be a bug!)

During a purge of a Major heresy world that I'd just killed the Sparse Traitor presence on, I encountered 'an enemy force'. This turned out to be a huge chaos army, which was hella cool. We lost over a hundred of our seven hundred marines in the combat, but my chapter master slew the Chaos Lord (!!!) in close combat.

I get the message that the leader of Chaos has been slain, and that Chaos will trouble the sector no more. On the same turn, traitor presence on the planet goes to Extreme, along with Demon presence to Extreme. A giant fucking chaos fleet pops out of nowhere and instagibs my fleet, killing the chapter master on the next turn as we try to GTFO.

What the fuck? The sector has been cleansed of chaos by slaying their leader, here, have a billion demons as compensation?
Obviously the main chaos force just arrived... the Chaos Lord was only there with a small detachment, personally overseeing the final stages of a secret massive ritual. 
You cut off the head, but the body is still flailing about.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 11, 2015, 09:52:08 am »

The only 'bug' there, I think, is the message saying 'oh well you're done here'.

Really you just completed the ritual to Khorne, with all that slaughter. Made it into a Daemon World, and allowed the main fleet through via the newly created warp storm.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 11, 2015, 10:09:59 am »

The only 'bug' there, I think, is the message saying 'oh well you're done here'.

Really you just completed the ritual to Khorne, with all that slaughter. Made it into a Daemon World, and allowed the main fleet through via the newly created warp storm.

I don't think that killing every powerful servants of chaos in the sector, on a world with only 42% heresy, is intended to cause an instant unpreventable game over.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2001 on: August 11, 2015, 10:11:55 am »

I don't think that killing every powerful servants of chaos in the sector, on a world with only 42% heresy, is intended to cause an instant unpreventable game over.
I fear you don't understand.
You aren't supposed to win, you are supposed to lose.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 11, 2015, 10:14:25 am »

>10 turns in
>Help the planetary governer from the next system over
>Kill the sparse Traitor presence
>Purge to get heresy down
>Epic battle triggers(!), slay chaos big guy(!!) (Why the hell was he even existant that early)
>Game over(!!!), through the bullshit Fleet Withdrawral mechanic no less(!!!!)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2003 on: August 11, 2015, 10:29:57 am »

>10 turns in
>Help the planetary governer from the next system over
>Kill the sparse Traitor presence
>Purge to get heresy down
>Epic battle triggers(!), slay chaos big guy(!!) (Why the hell was he even existant that early)
>Game over(!!!), through the bullshit Fleet Withdrawral mechanic no less(!!!!)
Welcome to grim darkness of far future.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 11, 2015, 10:31:52 am »

You guys are hilarious, it's obviously a bug, stop trolling the guy.

GRIMDARKGRIMDARKGRIMDARK
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: August 11, 2015, 10:55:16 am »

of Alarm Event for alarm 5
for object obj_ncombat:

Unable to find any instance for object index '-4' name '<undefined>'
at gml_Object_obj_ncombat_Alarm_5
############################################################################################

Happened after getting the big  cultist attack in Ancient Ruins , the one which has 300xmutants in the front row

of Alarm Event for alarm 5
for object obj_ncombat:

Unable to find any instance for object index '-4' name '<undefined>'
at gml_Object_obj_ncombat_Alarm_5
############################################################################################
 Got it again. Cultists in Ancient Ruins seem to trigger this a lot
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:44:33 am by Dorsidwarf »

Inqva

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 11, 2015, 12:03:33 pm »

What should I do if since 0.6552 I can't load saved games? Though usage of .exe file from earlier versions fixed it, the game in this case started to act a bit strange.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 11, 2015, 12:18:10 pm »

Found a bug which isn't gamebreaking, unfair, or anything

The rise of Forescout Adallus!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:39:43 pm by Dorsidwarf »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 11, 2015, 01:42:04 pm »

I guess during initiation he got punished, and then one called out. "I AM ADALLUS" "NO! I AM ADALLUS"

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 11, 2015, 02:03:38 pm »

Found a bug which isn't gamebreaking, unfair, or anything

The rise of Forescout Adallus!
This happened to me too, except different.
Mine was with Iron Fathers....IN A NON-IRON HANDS CHAPTER.
I tried executing them in my case, it'll work, right? WRONG. They multiplied in the penitorium.
And when i transferred one of them to another company it multiplied them again.

Now, if only we knew the root of the problem..

If it's worth anything said chapter can now recruit like crazy with the 1300+ geneseed in reserves. Pods? Pfft, who needs em'.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:06:34 pm by SkeletusAurelius »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 288