Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800262 times)

Blocky858

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1935 on: August 04, 2015, 09:25:18 pm »

of Mouse Event for Glob Left Button
for object obj_popup:

illegal array use
at gml_Script_scr_recent
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_recent (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_popup_Mouse_50

of  Step Event0
for object obj_controller:

DoSet :: Invalid comparison type
at gml_Object_obj_controller_Step_0
############################################################################################

Cimbri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: August 05, 2015, 01:14:52 am »

So this is rather nitpicky, but it kinda seems odd to me that a planet will start at opinion 3/100 to you after you fight off an extreme orc infestation for them. I can understand it if you happen to use bombardment on them first, killing a few million people doesn't engender good feelings (I also understand that coding the game to recognize the difference would be likely be a chore), but one would think that with all the propaganda about the Imperium's Angels of Death the populace might be a bit star struck when you go Salamander on them rather than "Thanks for saving us all, asshole". Unless 0/100 is supposed to be standard Imperial "Hail his Angels of Death!" and anything above that is spreading adulation for your chapter, which I'd get, though it still seems like a pretty small increase.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: August 05, 2015, 02:25:56 am »

I think the planet's disposition refers to the planetary governor's opinion of you, rather than the entire population, seeing as how drastically it changes when you, er... 'Replace' them.
Then again, considering what governors are allowed to get away with as long as they pay taxes and keep the heresy out of sight, the disposition increase could be interpreted to represent the population's opinion too.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1938 on: August 05, 2015, 03:17:27 am »

Imperium heroes are created like this. I mean, in those billions and billions of men, there must be at least bunch (ALL GUARDSMEN PARTY) that's capable of amazing feats. And when 43 of them gang up in one place, turn it into a fortress with those 200 people being their workforce that collects Tyranid bodies and throw them into furnances for power generation, so they will never run out of ammunition, shit starts to get real.

We should totally have a game based around this. Managing an self-sufficent firebase in middle of TYRANID SEA, waiting for them Emprahs Angels to come and Exterminatus help them.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: August 05, 2015, 06:09:41 am »

So this is rather nitpicky, but it kinda seems odd to me that a planet will start at opinion 3/100 to you after you fight off an extreme orc infestation for them. I can understand it if you happen to use bombardment on them first, killing a few million people doesn't engender good feelings (I also understand that coding the game to recognize the difference would be likely be a chore), but one would think that with all the propaganda about the Imperium's Angels of Death the populace might be a bit star struck when you go Salamander on them rather than "Thanks for saving us all, asshole". Unless 0/100 is supposed to be standard Imperial "Hail his Angels of Death!" and anything above that is spreading adulation for your chapter, which I'd get, though it still seems like a pretty small increase.

Just because they are praised in some circles, does not mean they are praised in all circles. As a few quotes show they are the "Angels of Death" not the "Angels of Mercy". Some Chapters are hated, Some are praised moreso then others. You'll be hard pressed to find some who like the Flesh Tearers. Not to mention various education and different sorts of propaganda per planet, it's certainly not standardized in that sometimes the only education some backwaters planets will ever get is hearing from a preacher.
"Do you know how they make Space Marines? They take teenagers, right when they're at that age when you think you're invincible and nothing can kill you, and they give you a gun and armor and send you out to kill in the Emperor's name. If you ask me, they're scarier than the aliens."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 05, 2015, 12:55:02 pm »

"Do you know how they make Space Marines? They take teenagers, right when they're at that age when you think you're invincible and nothing can kill you, and they give you a gun and armor and send you out to kill in the Emperor's name. If you ask me, they're scarier than the aliens."
That could just as well be the Imperial Guard...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 05, 2015, 12:58:04 pm »

Imperial Guard is made up of PDF, far as I know. Bit more life experience there.

Though I thought Space Marines grabbed recruits around the ages of 12-13.

Which makes the whole 'Blood Duel' stuff a bit more cringe-worthy.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: August 05, 2015, 01:11:41 pm »

Blood Duel is the scout initiation process as far as I know. Space Marines have to train for a hell of along time before getting to that point. Not to mention the mutations...
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1943 on: August 05, 2015, 01:27:57 pm »

Imperial Guard is made up of PDF, far as I know. Bit more life experience there.
Not always. Some of regiments do it this way (Cadians, and by extension lots of other regiments, because for some random reason Cadians are the templates for Guardsmen, just like Ultramarines, durr), but they may as well be schooled to be Imperial Guardsmen from start, either from childhood or the best ones might be choosen to be Guardsmen while rest becomes PDF, they might be convicts, they might get in by lottery or maybe they volunteer, maybe they were born into a warrior caste where all of them become Guardsmen, or maybe they were collected straight from street. There are also other ways, like firstborn from Vostroya or whatever comes to mind really.
Though I thought Space Marines grabbed recruits around the ages of 12-13.
Kind of. Recruits between 10-14 years old are preffered because genetic implants have higher chance of failing if recipent is older, but there have been cases of Marines that haven't started the whole process until they were 18. The whole thing usually takes around 6-8 years anyway, so...
Which makes the whole 'Blood Duel' stuff a bit more cringe-worthy.
...when the Blood Duel could happen (the recruit is ready to be a full Space Marine), he is 18 at least, but even then that's going to take a bit longer because they are going through scout (they are full Space Marines in terms of genetics and implants, they just haven't recived Power Armour yet) phase first.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 05, 2015, 03:33:58 pm »

From what I'd read, I thought that for a lot of populations the top 10% or so of the PDF is required to become IG, in addition to whatever other methods the planet uses to provide it's tithes. I know there's probably a lot that do things like have the firstborn sons of the nobles and whatnot.

Though if they go through scout phase first, how come the initiates only become scouts after passing the test (since it's the initiation practice that determines whether or not they become scouts and whatnot) or whatever in Chapter Master? Ease of coding/balance?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1945 on: August 05, 2015, 03:53:36 pm »

From what I'd read, I thought that for a lot of populations the top 10% or so of the PDF is required to become IG, in addition to whatever other methods the planet uses to provide it's tithes. I know there's probably a lot that do things like have the firstborn sons of the nobles and whatnot.
How worlds recuit their soldiers is completly up to them, Imperium only requires them to provide good soldiers, and the easiest way in most of cases is to just take the best of PDF soldiers. Also, I've never heard of 10% thing, but honestly, it sounds retarded considering that there are worlds that don't have PDF (for instance, Krieg, their PDF is Korps recruits and possibly women that aren't cloning vats) at all.
Though if they go through scout phase first, how come the initiates only become scouts after passing the test (since it's the initiation practice that determines whether or not they become scouts and whatnot) or whatever in Chapter Master? Ease of coding/balance?
It's Chapter Master thing really, other recruitment styles don't make sense if they're here to make scounts, like apprenticeship.
EDIT:
Also, even if it was there to let initiates become scouts, it would still require them to be around 18 and finished in terms of genetics, as Scouts are the same thing as regular Space Marines, they just don't have the armour.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:57:36 pm by Kot »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 05, 2015, 05:57:00 pm »

Or the experience. :P

There's always exceptions. Forge Worlds don't pay their tithes in manpower, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blocky858

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 05, 2015, 06:46:20 pm »

Er, is this endorsed by GW?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 05, 2015, 06:49:00 pm »

Nope. To be honest though, I think they've probably heard of it by now.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1949 on: August 05, 2015, 06:59:53 pm »

Ha.
Haha.
Bwahahahhahahhahaha!
Are you for real?
No. GW doesn't endorse fan projects. At best they merely allow it to exist.
Nope. To be honest though, I think they've probably heard of it by now.
Dunno. Some employees might have, but GW as general tends to ignore /tg/ related things, unless they get VERY popular and they can steal it for themselves.
But when they create a game that resembles this, Duke will get a Cease And Desist letter for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 288