Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798156 times)

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1920 on: August 03, 2015, 06:17:09 pm »

I always go with that defensive trait, saves a ton of assault marines.

Blocky858

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: August 04, 2015, 04:53:42 am »

So! I found out what was wrong. I apparently tried to play Soulstorm earlier on the 31st and it wasn't working correctly, and I thought I exited the game. It did not appear in the task bar, nor did it appear on the task manager. It wasn't until today when someone messaged me on Steam asking about 40k and when I sent my first chat it was green, as in I was in game. So apparently, it had been running in the background since the 31st until today, and was keeping me from running Chapter Master properly. It also decided to fuck around with my screen resolutions and driver settings as well.

Chapter Master now runs perfectly fine, and I am having great fun with it. Thanks to those who tried to help me.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 04, 2015, 05:08:56 am »

Clearly you had too much dakka going on at the same time. This changes everything regarding ork theology.

Blocky858

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 04, 2015, 06:13:22 am »

of  Step Event0
for object obj_controller:

DoSet :: Invalid comparison type
at gml_Object_obj_controller_Step_0
############################################################################################

Didn't know where else to put this, so here you go.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1924 on: August 04, 2015, 06:38:23 am »

So! I found out what was wrong. I apparently tried to play Soulstorm earlier on the 31st and it wasn't working correctly, and I thought I exited the game. It did not appear in the task bar, nor did it appear on the task manager. It wasn't until today when someone messaged me on Steam asking about 40k and when I sent my first chat it was green, as in I was in game. So apparently, it had been running in the background since the 31st until today, and was keeping me from running Chapter Master properly. It also decided to fuck around with my screen resolutions and driver settings as well.

Chapter Master now runs perfectly fine, and I am having great fun with it. Thanks to those who tried to help me.
You were running your computer non-stop for five days? And you haven't noticed that you had an game running in background ALL THE TIME?
Woah.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 04, 2015, 08:39:20 am »

Happens to me sometimes, too.  I really wish Steam didn't count time spent idle.  Totally messes up my stats :P
Like they kinda said, the game often doesn't appear on the taskbar or anything.  It should have a process, but it can have an unexpected name...  Like when this happened to me with Far Cry 3 a lot, it was because Uplay didn't close all the way.  Still counted me as playing FC3 overnight.

Um.  Lurking this thread has been fun but I'm going to actually give the game a go finally today.  I'm eager to experiment, but any creation options I might want to know about?  Like, penitent chapters not getting reinforcements or whatever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:22 am »

Since I roll around with my entire chapter, there are only ever 2 types of fight, never any that are "close" or intresting.

Total curb stomp, 1 turn fire, 1 turn cleanup
Total getting curb stomp'd with 0 surivors

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1927 on: August 04, 2015, 10:02:27 am »

Clearly you had too much dakka going on at the same time. This changes everything regarding ork theology.
There can never be enough dakka.
"You must create a weapon that can hit every point in space and time in the multiverse... with bullets that are each composed of every point in space and time in the multiverse... at point blank range to every point in space and time in the multiverse... And to clarify, the term "multiverse" includes: all alternate realities, parallel realities, perpendicular realities, potential realities, imagined realities, unimagined realities, inconceivable realities, and impossible realities. So you need a gun that shoots at everything, with everything, when next to everything." And then you can make gun that shoots those guns.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: August 04, 2015, 10:07:22 am »

I think the googols-of-guardsmen bug maybe accomplished that.  Multi-planar packing was the only way to even begin to explain what the warp was going on there.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: August 04, 2015, 11:48:14 am »

Since I roll around with my entire chapter, there are only ever 2 types of fight, never any that are "close" or intresting.

I almost wonder if there should be a measure that allows for better reasons to send out segments of the chapter rather then rolling around like Asterion Molach with the whole Chapter.

Or easier to do anyways.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: August 04, 2015, 12:35:54 pm »

I almost wonder if there should be a measure that allows for better reasons to send out segments of the chapter rather then rolling around like Asterion Molach with the whole Chapter.

Or easier to do anyways.
The sector probably falls apart faster then you can steamroll things 1 at a time.  At least from my experience from before...  And fleet combat may be a tad bit catastrophic if you have marines on board, that may have changed too, but probably not.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: August 04, 2015, 12:55:24 pm »

And you theoretically need casualties to harvest geneseed, right?
I haven't actually played just yet, but those geneseed clone tube things sound kinda heretical.
She/they

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: August 04, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

I think the googols-of-guardsmen bug maybe accomplished that.  Multi-planar packing was the only way to even begin to explain what the warp was going on there.

Nah, those numbers a just a standard deployment for the guard, it's about as many as they would need to deploy to screw in a lightbulb retake a planet, and they still get slaughtered by the millions each turn. So I'd say it's fairly accurate.
Victory by Complete. Global. Saturation.
Meanwhile, on the lava world of a nearby system, 43 PDF are holding off an extreme tyranid infestation with zero losses to them or the population of 533. Sounds about right.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:31:48 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Azazass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: August 04, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

Meanwhile, on the lava world of a nearby system, 43 PDF are holding off an extreme tyranid infestation with zero losses to them or the population of 533. Sounds about right.

Too bad, you can't recruit those 43 PDF troopers, with those bastards you could easily conquer the entire sector for yourself.

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: August 04, 2015, 04:33:38 pm »

Too bad, you can't recruit those 43 PDF troopers, with those bastards you could easily conquer the entire sector for yourself.

I believe we have just found where Sly Marbo and his kids are hiding at.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 288