Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798226 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1725 on: July 05, 2015, 01:22:52 pm »

Orcs are cunning now, they hide their true number behind huge numbers.

Orkz iz cunnin', dey 'ide themz numbaz be'ind 'uger numbaz o' boyz.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 07, 2015, 11:13:24 pm »

Any suggestions for a Renegade or Chaos UI?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:04 am »

Well, would Renegade and Chaos actually be different?

Because Renegade doesn't necessarily mean Chaos-corrupted. It means independent, cut off from their Chapter if it still exists and the Imperium. It's jury-rigged equipment and scavenged weapons. Rugged, battle-tested, proud, desperate. It's defaced or at least faded iconography. Vox displays and text that fizzle or scatter momentarily. Names for the heads of the different chapter roles could change to something more straight forward, less gothic. (Chief Psyker for example.) Requisition would change to Resources. Loyalty would stay loyalty, except now it's to the Chapter Master instead of the Imperium.

Chaos...there's several ways you can approach it. There's the almost comical level of spikes, which would look sort of silly on UI buttons and panels. But some spikes, maybe with skulls on them, are always good. There's the liquid black metal look, the oil-slick precision of corrupted tech. There's the runic look with glowing runes and energy coursing through them. There's the melding of flesh and metal look, the blatant weirdness of warp flesh look. Daemonic skin and bone growths and nodules. Good 'ol pustules. The singular twitching eye, the twisted screaming faces woven into surfaces. And then there's just the artfully ancient and malevolent, age-crusted lines that still have an edge of elegance, pride and wrath. Green screens could be changed to red or like a faint purple. Names could change to more Chaos appropriate things. Your Chief Librarian would be your Sorcerer Lord or something. Your Chaplain may or may not change. They don't really have the same role as Space Marine chaplains. Only the Word Bearers to my knowledge have a Chaplain like role in their hierarchy. I suppose something like Master of the Cult, or something? Forgemaster could probably stay this same although I'm sure some Chaos-y alternative could be found (Forge Lord?) Loyalty would become Favor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 08, 2015, 01:44:35 am »

Changes based on which Chaos god you worship.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 08, 2015, 02:26:30 am »

So Khorne-UI would have ANGRY HEAVY METAL on a loop mixed with the buzzing of chainsaws?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 08, 2015, 07:00:57 am »

I'd think subtle changes are all that's needed really - I wouldn't bother going too extreme with it.
If you look at the differences in HOMM3 UI if you play good/bad, it's really just a different border but it adds such a lot of extra atmosphere.

One thing I'd really like in CM is a more animated UI - even just a few bits of fizz on the screens or some moving icons would really help bring it to life.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 08, 2015, 07:17:54 am »

Renegade should be a subtle change, the loss of aquila's or such based on HOW you renegade, some renegades just serve the emperor in a different way after all.

Chaos should be when it gets more off.

frankensteins poster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 08, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »

Relabeling some buttons might be an easy (?) and effective way to create atmosphere. Like as you get more Khorny at some point the "raid" button gets relabeled "KILLFRENZY" or something, etc. This is a dumb example but you get what I mean.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 08, 2015, 12:13:16 pm »

yes, and yes.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 08, 2015, 03:30:51 pm »

Is it intentional for loyalty to decrease constantly for _____ reason here or is that a bug? You'd think it'd reduce your loyalty by X for one time, but NOPE. how2loyalty.jpg

craftomega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 09, 2015, 05:49:47 pm »

I would consider looking at black crusade and its iconography.

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 09, 2015, 06:46:33 pm »

Is it intentional for loyalty to decrease constantly for _____ reason here or is that a bug? You'd think it'd reduce your loyalty by X for one time, but NOPE. how2loyalty.jpg

Loyalty doesn't decrease for no reason. Maybe you were not paying the tithe? But I have never seen loyalty go down for no reason.

You could either go for a different UI for each chaos god or only one for all of them. Renegade the UI could become damaged to represent the chapter situation.

Duke, have you ever considered some kind of Adventure mode for Chapter Master? Making the player be able to play as a single unit?

Also, here is some suggestions/bugs

-Better AI for chapter ships
-Fix the bug where when the chapter ships moves they stop shooting
-When attacking there is a possibility of the vehicles and dreadnoughts to be multiplied by 2 on that battle
-Imperial guardsman needs to get buffed
-Orks ships not appearing in orbit of a planet after a ork fleet left it
-Ork ships still being made extremely faster after the Warboss death
-Master crafted eviscerator have no stats
-Being able to be a psyker chapter master in a psyker intolerant chapter(select psyker cm, select psyker intolerant and the psyker cm box won't be unselected)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 10, 2015, 12:55:28 am »

Is psyker CM in a psyker intolerant chapter really a bug though? I could see that being crafted into the chapter story as How There Can Be Only One or something?

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 10, 2015, 01:38:26 am »

Loyalty doesn't decrease for no reason. Maybe you were not paying the tithe? But I have never seen loyalty go down for no reason.

Perhaps, but it's happened around 9-10 times since i last played it. Either i'm missing something important, or i just have a particular problem.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 10, 2015, 07:52:01 am »

Is psyker CM in a psyker intolerant chapter really a bug though? I could see that being crafted into the chapter story as How There Can Be Only One or something?
I'm not so sharp on WH40k lore, but aren't chapter masters promoted from within? How'd he get to be a Psyker in the first place? (or, if he defated the other Psyker Master in glorious mortal combat when he joined, who was in charge all these years?)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 288