Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798295 times)

quamzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1695 on: June 17, 2015, 10:03:46 am »

Played new update, created merciful missiles chapter. Sadly, Brothers all advantage did not give any honour guard to the chapter.

The chapter ran through the sector scavenging artifacts, eliminating orks and dispensing every marine his own  two missile launchers, as missiles are bringing emperors ultimate forgiveness to sinners and xenos in  bright flash of holy light. It seems, that chapter founding was truly blessed, as techmarines uncovered from ancient vault sacred stc for ehnaced missiles,  not some civilization destroying  sentient  icecream machine of horror  with iq level of 9000 and baneblade sized temperature cannons for shooting  planetcrackling freeze beams. After that   20 whirlwinds were attached to every company to  make emperor shed a tear of joy and pride for his missile loving sons. The sermon is a good way of spreading faith, and  if your  sermon is written not with words, but with missiles, even those with closed ears will hear you.

When there were no xenos, heretics or unclean left to blow up with missiles, psyker chapter master replaced his missile launcher with artifact tome
Chapter master jurgen reads the tome, filling himself with mysterious knowledge.
Chapter master jurgen is filled with chaotic energies, he goes nuts!
Thats how he died.
Dont replace sacred missiles with foul sorcery, ever.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: June 17, 2015, 11:45:47 am »

Played new update, created merciful missiles chapter. Sadly, Brothers all advantage did not give any honour guard to the chapter.

The chapter ran through the sector scavenging artifacts, eliminating orks and dispensing every marine his own  two missile launchers, as missiles are bringing emperors ultimate forgiveness to sinners and xenos in  bright flash of holy light. It seems, that chapter founding was truly blessed, as techmarines uncovered from ancient vault sacred stc for ehnaced missiles,  not some civilization destroying  sentient  icecream machine of horror  with iq level of 9000 and baneblade sized temperature cannons for shooting  planetcrackling freeze beams. After that   20 whirlwinds were attached to every company to  make emperor shed a tear of joy and pride for his missile loving sons. The sermon is a good way of spreading faith, and  if your  sermon is written not with words, but with missiles, even those with closed ears will hear you.

When there were no xenos, heretics or unclean left to blow up with missiles, psyker chapter master replaced his missile launcher with artifact tome
Chapter master jurgen reads the tome, filling himself with mysterious knowledge.
Chapter master jurgen is filled with chaotic energies, he goes nuts!
Thats how he died.
Dont replace sacred missiles with foul sorcery, ever.

+1 for the plot twist.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Necroman21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: June 18, 2015, 07:57:47 am »

How does the weapon range work?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: June 18, 2015, 10:14:21 am »

If I am not mistaken...each line of marines/enemies starts a certain distance from one another...each round the forces move towards each other and when a weapon is in range they fire away

Necroman21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: June 18, 2015, 02:34:17 pm »

So does a range of 2 mean it can hit the enemies in melee range and then line behind them?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 18, 2015, 03:06:59 pm »

So does a range of 2 mean it can hit the enemies in melee range and then line behind them?
Probably "or line behind it" (I'm somewhat sure you only hit the front row of the enemy.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 19, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »

Now I'm imagining a psychopathic gigantic ice-cream machine of death going around an killing everything because "THEY HAD WASTED MY POTENTIAL BY MAKING ME SOME MACHINE TO DISPATCH FROZEN GROX MAMMARY FLUIDS!!!!! I CAN DEVASTATE ENTIRE WORLDS WITH MY WEAPONS!!!! THIS MUST MEAN THAT ALL ORGANIC LIFE IS THE MOST STUPID THINGS TO EVER EXIST!!! THEY! WILL!!! PAY!!!!!!!!!!!"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: June 19, 2015, 05:19:32 pm »

Now I'm imagining a psychopathic gigantic ice-cream machine of death going around an killing everything because "THEY HAD WASTED MY POTENTIAL BY MAKING ME SOME MACHINE TO DISPATCH FROZEN GROX MAMMARY FLUIDS!!!!! I CAN DEVASTATE ENTIRE WORLDS WITH MY WEAPONS!!!! THIS MUST MEAN THAT ALL ORGANIC LIFE IS THE MOST STUPID THINGS TO EVER EXIST!!! THEY! WILL!!! PAY!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dairy of Death by Dan Abnett.

I mean, you're basically describing the Horus Hersey for Sentient Appliances.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: June 21, 2015, 10:54:12 am »

New problem with the download, Chrome flags it as malicious and deletes it as soon as it finishes downloading. I eventually figured out how to stop that, but now I'm paranoid about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: June 22, 2015, 12:21:03 pm »

New problem with the download, Chrome flags it as malicious and deletes it as soon as it finishes downloading. I eventually figured out how to stop that, but now I'm paranoid about it.

Don't be - it's a common problem. I've had it happen with a number of games that I've downloaded in the past, and it's an automatic chrome freakout when the file contains something it doesn't like.

I can't remember what the solution was, but it might be good for Duke to look into it if he gets time.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Google400

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: June 26, 2015, 04:07:48 pm »

Every session is fun until a surprise Necron Tomb awakens at your home world carrying a daemon incursion.
When people call you a idiot, remember, no matter the importance of the person... they're fucking right.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: June 29, 2015, 04:19:15 pm »

The last round of 'sudden death dialogue' went suitably so I thought I'd give it another shot.

Scenario: Player forces encounter Chaos Lord #2, battle ensues, the player loses the small amount of forces.  After the battle Chaos Lord #2 (sneaky, galaxy-weary Black Legion lad) opens an audience with the player to say hello.  The description for him is already written up, but I could use a couple lines of either "come get some" or "chaos will spread", being said by the Chaos Lord unto the player.

Otherwise fixing bugs, trying to determine what is causing bugs, the usual.  Patch soon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: June 29, 2015, 04:25:35 pm »

I'm on it!

Just to clarify, in this scenario, who came out on top first? CSM or the player? It's the difference between "come meet your final doom weakling" and "I don't fear death, you weakling."
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: June 29, 2015, 04:31:05 pm »

Just to clarify, in this scenario, who came out on top first? CSM or the player? It's the difference between "come meet your final doom weakling" and "I don't fear death, you weakling."
Player forces go to cleanse/purge a planet, find a whole bunch of heretics and CSM waiting for them, get dumpstered.  CSM come out on top in this scenario and then the audience begins.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: June 29, 2015, 04:32:08 pm »

Gotcha.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 288