Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798847 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1035 on: February 03, 2015, 12:47:28 pm »

Man, the Necrons are the best. 

There was this interview in a white dwarf where the guy was like "yeah, they came up with these robot looking things and they wanted a background for them, so we made them pirates that could randomly show up and raid.  We didn't actually have a plan past that"

Then they started selling more of them and they wrote this whole "War in Heaven" fluff (which I honestly sort of like, I'm a sucker for Old Slann / WFRP tie-ins).  And then in the intro to the old Necron codex... god it was so great, they basically said "we designed these for kids and newcomers to 40K, we intentionally made them easy to paint and such that they could reliably win by using very simple tactics"

I'm not exaggerating here or reading between the lines.  They came out and said all this, right in the codex.  Lets sell some models to kids, make them easy to paint and easy to win with.

I wish this stuff wasnt so captivating and fun, because it sure is idiotic and I wish I didn't like it so much.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:10:06 pm by puke »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 03, 2015, 01:01:34 pm »

this stuff (...) sure is idiotic and I wish I didn't like it so much
WH40K in a nutshell

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 03, 2015, 02:04:31 pm »

I'm still hoping for a IG themed Chapter Masteresque game to appear.

That way I don't have to care about anyone who's not a Commissar seconded to my regiment or an otherwise important person.

Additionally I'll get the joy of Space Marines involving themselves in my fights and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 03, 2015, 02:28:35 pm »

Ad.Munitorium: Regimental Commander, I suppose is what it would be.  Start writing the design document!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 03, 2015, 03:31:50 pm »

So what does taint do?  Like, if you have the blood trial recruitment method, it can generate some taint.  What's that about

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 03, 2015, 03:45:41 pm »

So what does taint do?

Must... Resist... Innuendo...

This is probably only one Duke can answer, but from context I suspect that it raises the chances that one of your marines or librarians will be corrupted by the ruinous powers.

edits: To elaborate a bit, you would then get reports of them behaving strangely.  You have the option of subjecting them to disciplinary action, or not.  I'm not sure how morale works, but I suspect any corrective actions you take are bad for morale overall.  Such things are hinted at, but not explained in much detail.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:48:10 pm by puke »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 03, 2015, 03:59:02 pm »

Yeah, that bugs me a little. Strange as in, strange how? Doesn't spend the extra non-mandatory 2 hours polishing his bolt shells? Praises the Emperor only 22 of the 23 times expected a day? Has taken to wearing the skulls of their slain enemies instead of their helmet and claims they're still maintaining Armor Discipline? Says stuff like "You know, that Khorne guy ain't so bad"?

It's also hard to tell what their time in imprisonment does. The taint of Chaos doesn't usually get excised by locking someone in a dark room. In fact, that might make it worse.

It's probably unfinished but I have to say, I found that message sort of amusing in its vagueness. What is weird for a Space Marine can be an awful lot of things.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 03, 2015, 04:06:19 pm »

...cant stop giggling about khorne taint...

Jedimushroom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 03, 2015, 04:48:41 pm »

Just picked this up, really enjoying the game.

Couple of questions:

1. What is the fundamental difference between attacking from orbit as opposed to landing first and then attacking? When I attack from the ground my tactical muhreens all seem to pile into Rhinos I guess? They're not there firing anyway. But when the Rhinos get popped I don't lose any muhreens and they also don't come out so what gives?

2. I have a bunch of scouts with 20xp and their names are yellow, but I can't seem to promote them into any other company, as the options are greyed out. What could be causing this? Do I need more xp to get them above scout?

3. What do I do with all this requisition? I bought everyone storm bolters already, and I have no troops eligible for the terminator promotion...

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 03, 2015, 05:01:26 pm »

I suppose a manly blood duel would cause the neophytes to grow some taint.  ;)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 03, 2015, 05:08:59 pm »

3. What do I do with all this requisition? I bought everyone storm bolters already, and I have no troops eligible for the terminator promotion...

You can use it to...

-Speed up your recruitment rates of all marine types.

-Build more ships. MOAR SHIPS. And vehicles, I suppose.

-Start outfitting your devastators with more than the standard lascannon/heavy bolter/missile launcher.

-Use the requisition in dealing with other factions to get what you want. Troops, crusades, recruiting rights, bribes, ect...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:13:02 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 03, 2015, 05:22:15 pm »

buy a thousand skitarii to throw into the meat grinder... give every marine an iron halo... outfit EVERY marine as if he were a devastator, or really double down and give everyone TWO heavy bolters (violate the codex, and really feel your taint)...

I tried giving marines dual autocannons a couple versions back, and it *seemed* to work... But I think there has been some improvements around how primary and secondary weapons are used and how hands are filled since then.  Not sure if you can still get a benefit from doubling up on ranged weapons -- especially heavy ones.

Honestly, I'm not sure it worked before either.  But it *seemed* to.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 03, 2015, 08:15:07 pm »

I think disciplinary action is actually the Chaplain(s) going all Sister of Battle on them or something. Actively exorcising, and the like. What with the Estimated Time of Completion, and all.

Acting strangely probably just means they aren't acting like themselves. Space Marines do have personalities, after all.

Unless they're Ultrasmurfs.

Or Thousand Sons.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:58 pm »

I think disciplinary action is actually the Chaplain(s) going all Sister of Battle on them or something. Actively exorcising, and the like. What with the Estimated Time of Completion, and all.

Acting strangely probably just means they aren't acting like themselves. Space Marines do have personalities, after all.

Unless they're Ultrasmurfs.

Or Thousand Sons.

Ouch. that last one hit me right in the dust.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 03, 2015, 09:36:20 pm »

Major Changes:
The top right 'Options' has been replaced with 'Help', which offers additional info on various topics.  Taking suggestions in the GoogleDoc, towards the bottom.

Other Changes:
Assault Cannons are now 1H for Terminators, as was intended.
Fixed a crash with Fleet Combat.
Fixed the 'scr_powers_new' crash on chapter creation.
You may no longer raid with vehicles, you damn Blood Angel.
Supporters are now listed in the About/Credits page.
Saving now takes into account fleet orbits, allowing fleets on future saves to act on the first turn the game is loaded.
You may no longer get free Licenses or Recruiting Worlds if there is no valid origin/destination for the trade fleet.
Baseline planet disposition is now saved.  In future saves, upon loading, ???? disposition planets will not start a very low number.
Attacking with Local Forces is once more functional.
Hunt the Fallen can now have the mission timer increased by a local Warp Storm.
You no longer have to click/enter a key twice to close out of a popup.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 288