Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798667 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #975 on: January 30, 2015, 05:15:20 pm »

New recruits are brought in at the rate you set under the Chapter Master of Recruits (I forget what his department is.) You allot additional req per turn to speed up the recruitment rate. When new neophytes are recruited, they go through a training process, the time and effect of which are modified by the training regime you set.

If they survive their training, they're automatically inducted into the 10th Company as scouts. Once they accrue the required XP in the scout company, they can be promoted to full marines in the rest of the companies.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:01:37 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 30, 2015, 05:21:44 pm »

You can also buy vehicles, and trade for skitari and tech priests and battle nuns.

Marines can be hard to replace.  If you're not attacking with overwhelming force, it will pay to soften a target with orbital bombardment.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 30, 2015, 08:58:10 pm »

I don't know if it has been fixed, but death skitarii used to give back geenseeds. And since they're very cheap (or even free at 3-4 a turn) a squad with only those and couple "medics" or a lightly infested orc planet can earn you a lot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:39 am »

Hrmmm...

Questions for everyone else and ideas/hopes.

For questions, what's the difference between Axes and Swords, other than Axes appearing to be better?

And would it be possible to add in Power Axes to list of equipment available to equip marines with, since we can buy it and all?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 31, 2015, 02:33:16 am »

In tabletop, swords give you a chance to parry incoming attacks.

No idea if it does that in CM.

I think the skitarii geneseed thing was fixed.  Or maybe I . had no apothecaries, will have to check.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:09:11 am by puke »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 31, 2015, 04:00:54 am »

Interesting things I've seen so far; while stars don't jump off the map anymore sometimes my fleets do.

Also, raiding causes my vehicles to think they're part of the raid but not actually die when they blow up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 31, 2015, 05:10:16 am »

weird, thought vehicles didn't come on raids.  Will have to abuse this before its patched :)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 31, 2015, 08:29:13 am »

I think the skitarii geneseed thing was fixed.  Or maybe I . had no apothecaries, will have to check.

Confirmed, it was fixed.  They no longer drop geneseed. 

They still dont show up in the initial combat estimates, but they do participate in battle.

Had some more issues: 

- A large fleet was unable to attack an ork world.  It seemed to only be considering some of the scouts and unpopulated ships, but I had a battle barge there with a lot of marines and auxiliaries from HQ section.  Not sure what the deal was -- I had been shuffling a bunch of ships and units around by that point so maybe something odd happened.

- Confirmed the wierd ships jumping off the map thing.  Lots of ships in motion popped off-screen to the upper left one turn, but eventually arrived at their destinations.

- Did get one unpopulated star, near the edge of the map.  But all other stars I found were populated.

- multiple trade ships dispatched at the same time seem to get stuck and can never complete trading. 

tkfsung

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 31, 2015, 09:37:49 am »

Weird ship jumping off map bug known by Duke and being worked on.

No you can't sell gear (yet). Really wish I could :)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 31, 2015, 10:06:56 am »

- powerfists seem not to be working in combat.  Dont know why I never noticed this before, I guess I just always assumed they were. 

Maybe I need to not also give assault marines pistols?  Not sure.  Wish there was more feedback on what stacked, what hands were used, what slots were available, etc.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 31, 2015, 10:24:59 am »

- powerfists seem not to be working in combat.

Okay, finally saw powerfists trigger.  happened in the same fight that jump packs worked for the first time, I never knew they gave special text before.

Combat hung when enemy was down to 1% and neither side would take any actions after that.  Had to force-close the game.

This was a close combat specialized chapter, powerfists and jump packs were extremely prevalent and this is the first time in ANY game that I have seen either one explicitly trigger.  Perhaps 20 other battles in this game (orcs and nids) occured without them being used.

Necroman21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 31, 2015, 10:52:57 am »

So how do i sit on my throne? And where's the debug mode?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 31, 2015, 11:02:23 am »

I figured out the throne: first build a lair on a dead world, then build a throne in it.  Then send down your CM and he will sit in it.

Careful with those hidden facilities though, the Inquisition loves to audit them.

I think I read that debug codes were reserved for patreon backers, not sure.

tkfsung

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 31, 2015, 11:12:58 am »

Debug and cheat codes are available to Patreon backers. I have them (haven't used them, but may do so to fix the game when it fucks up).

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 31, 2015, 11:17:49 am »

what sorts of things do they do?  tease us for some good advertising.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 288