Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798490 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #915 on: January 28, 2015, 12:54:36 am »

First release after the UI overhaul - game freezes on start.
Second release - game freezes on chapter selection.
Current release - game freezes at chapter stats screen.

How is this even possible? Am I jinxed? :D
If you are getting any sort of error report be sure to send it in.
I am not getting any error reports. The game just freezes and I have to shut it sown via task manager.
What should I do to collect more info on this for you?

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 28, 2015, 08:08:34 am »

Huh.

After my marines came back after a crusade, I unloaded all of them on my homeworld and then a few turns later tried to consolidate them all via Promotions into my 2nd Company, choosing DoNotChange.

They disappeared, and haven't appeared in my Second Company since. But it still thinks they exist. >.>

Don't use DoNotChange, it's bugged like that.

By the way, does anyone know if Dreadnoughts can be promoted to Venerable Dreadnoughts? Some of mine are approaching 400 exp.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 28, 2015, 08:15:47 pm »

What OS/device are you trying to run CM on?

Don't use DoNotChange, it's bugged like that.
By the way, does anyone know if Dreadnoughts can be promoted to Venerable Dreadnoughts? Some of mine are approaching 400 exp.
Working on fixing the DoNotChange and 'no marine highlight for promotes marines' bugs right now.  If I remember I'll add in promoting dreads to venerable.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 28, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »

So, does never getting Neophytes happen often as a bug? Do I need to land Marines on my Recruiting worlds or something?

Cuz' I'm on Frenetic with two Recruiting Worlds(Forge and Death) and still haven't gotten any Neophytes, and I've been recruiting for what feels like 100 turns now. Is it because of Custom Chapter stuff or something?

And do Crusades ever not result in massive casualties? I mean, the experience is nice, but...

And I hope nothing bad happens to you if you don't send anyone to do a Crusade, because I've got about 130 Marines and half of those are command staff. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Speed22

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 28, 2015, 10:11:07 pm »

Recruiting issues could be due to lack of gene seed look for the red helix in the top left of screen, the doomed gene seed mutation (you can check for this in the recruiting tab) or being a penitent chapter. I think some one mentioned populations on the recruiting worlds also has an impact, but since you are spending the requisition it sounds like a bug.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 28, 2015, 10:14:43 pm »

I've got so much geneseed it's become my primary source of income; I've got a total of slightly over 1000 test-slaves in incubators pumping it out, and I've been using it for diplomacy like nobody's business.  I'm Homeworld based and my gene seed mutation was missing Betcher's glands, since I was going for a ranged tech-focused chapter.

Just getting worried that I'll have to make do with my current ~80 ish marines since the promo ones disappeared.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 28, 2015, 11:36:54 pm »

Also, not sure if feature or bug, but sometimes my vehicles get multiplied tremendously during Attacks. Like, from five Predators to seventy.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tkfsung

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:38 pm »

Can anyone enlighten me as to how you make a new dreadnought?

Also, yes, it would be great to be able to make your own formations, as my irreplaceable dreadnoughts are slowly being whittled away...

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 28, 2015, 11:42:35 pm »

Win 7 on an old-ish laptop.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 29, 2015, 01:07:10 am »

I've got so much geneseed it's become my primary source of income; I've got a total of slightly over 1000 test-slaves in incubators pumping it out, and I've been using it for diplomacy like nobody's business. 

So far I've limited myself to 1 test-slave per month, and never got any malus from there. Seems like "free" $$$.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 29, 2015, 02:43:51 am »

On the other hand, I expect it'd make you the laughing stock of the Astartes world.

On that note, I feel like the loyalty penalty for going over the 1000 marine limit should be scaling. Just seems to be -12 if you're 1 or 100 over.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

tkfsung

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 29, 2015, 05:07:26 am »

I think Scouts should not count towards disloyalty, as the Codex does allow it.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 29, 2015, 06:31:32 am »

Then you'd need to enforce codec TO&E standards, otherwise I'll have an army of scouts equipped as devestators.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 29, 2015, 07:11:17 am »

Do you think you'll make a campaign, or put together a few story events? Do you have your own angle on life as a immortal super-soldier brawling through disparate worlds and crashing into ever more accurately named hell-holes? Warhammer40k is open to anything anywhere happening in it, but i feel it needs a push to exploit that. Enrich my life! >:)
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 29, 2015, 07:18:09 am »

I'm having exactly the same issue as wereboar.

Tried launching the game on two separate machines, both running Win 7. One is a Lenovo t60 thinkpad, the other a stationary PC. Both use multi-core Intel processors, and both have very little in terms of graphics card - the laptop is equipped with Intel Mobile 945 card, and I never bought a proper card for the PC so it uses a similar-quality integrated one(somewhat better; I don't have access to the PC now so I can't provide the model).

The card on the laptop can't run most modern games, even many of the simple-looking ones. For example, Finding Teddy, Waking Mars, Guacamelee and similar 2d games all crash on startup.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 288