Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798144 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #720 on: October 26, 2014, 01:13:04 pm »

Anyone else have problems with text font of the menus being very hard to read when game is in fullscreen?

Yes, we've talked about it at length here.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 26, 2014, 04:22:21 pm »

How does one "decrypt an STC Fragment"? Does it just take time, and if so, where is that time indicated?

Star systems should no longer have blank names.

It seems there's still one star system, unconnected by any warp route, that has no name, and no planet. Usually seems to show up in the extreme northern part of the sector.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 26, 2014, 06:48:29 pm »

Bug with Lamenters: The command staff for their Scout Company is stuck on "random II" instead of an actual planet, and thus can't interact with anything.

Bug with some other penitent chapters: They can recruit.  Lamenters can't.

Is it possible to restoring recruiting rights, and if so how?

It may have already been reported, but it is currently impossible to equip normal marines with CombiFlamers.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 27, 2014, 02:24:09 am »

Yeah, the whole weapons menu needs to be overhauled. Some of the dreadnaught weapons are inaccessible because they simply aren't on the list, and Power Axes also can't be equipped because there's no option to select.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 27, 2014, 05:52:41 pm »

Yeah, the whole weapons menu GUI needs to be overhauled. Some of the dreadnaught weapons are inaccessible because they simply aren't on the list, and Power Axes also can't be equipped because there's no option to select.

Fixed that for you.

And yeah, tis happening!  Hooray!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 28, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »

The UI update is coming? Aw hell yeah.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2014, 03:48:35 pm »

I'd just like to second that even a really plain but usable UI would be VERY much appreciated. All the overlays/graphics and things can come later.

Keep up the fantastic work Duke - it's very much appreciated. A lot of lurkers/non-bay12 people that I know are really into it too, and I'd like to pass on their thanks!
I've started on the new UI a few days back, and intend on focusing upon it once CM is relatively stable.  You are all also welcome.

That was a few days ago.  I don't know when it will drop, but hopefully it will happen.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 28, 2014, 08:55:36 pm »

So what do you all think is the best weapon for a Chapter Master, if any?

I prefer the Master-Crafted Power Weapon myself, but I haven't really given the others a good go yet.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 28, 2014, 10:30:52 pm »

As with everything wh40k, rule of cool or rule of grimderp are the most important.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 28, 2014, 10:59:21 pm »

Chain axes. What can't you do with a chain axe?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 29, 2014, 12:20:23 am »

Lose?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 29, 2014, 01:54:49 am »

Conserve forests.

Pretty sure even if you somehow resist the urge to cut down every tree you see, they'll fall over anyway from shear fear.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 29, 2014, 02:08:55 am »

I prefer Power Sword + Heavy Bolter on the Chapter Master. Integrated Bolters don't have enough punch, the rest never seem to have a a chance to fire. With the Heavy Bolter, he happily hoses down mooks and has enough dakka to kill most boss-type enemies if he happens to be the one to fire on it.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 29, 2014, 07:51:02 am »

So what do you all think is the best weapon for a Chapter Master, if any?

I prefer the Master-Crafted Power Weapon myself, but I haven't really given the others a good go yet.
According to weapons data the optimal choice is power fists and heavy bolter.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 29, 2014, 08:48:14 am »

This game is pretty cool but it desperately needs a unload/load (to load the previous load back on a ship) button for selected ships/entire fleet (like raids work). The amount of clicks one has to go through to do this currently is really painful(ly retarded).

Already implemented. Click one dude in a chapter then click Selection Size. Autoselects all dudes in that chapter on the same ship/planet as the dude you chose.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 288