Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798271 times)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #675 on: October 21, 2014, 12:49:11 pm »

Life?  Or the Taint of Chaos, hmmm?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 21, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »

Only if your life is given in service to the Emperor, your death shall not be in vain.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 21, 2014, 07:18:24 pm »

Anyway of trying to avoid monastery battles? It's like there's only 1% left and then they instant kill when the walls fall is quite annoying.
This is fixed in the latest version.

Would it be possible to read the Marine/Planet/Ship names out of a doc for the game, instead of being baked into it? The Google Doc with names is nice but it'd be cool to be able to add our own to the lists just by editing a file.
That would be very simple, but it would take a LOT of grunt work and copy/pasting.  I'd have to more or less cut like 3000 names from a document and convert them to INI.  Not saying I won't, but before that happens I would need some volunteers.

Evidently someone was working on an improved UI for Duke, then Life got in the way.
Happened to two different artists, actually.

Also new patch notes:

Warning: Old saves are no longer loadable, due to behind-the-scenes array changes.

Major Changes:
Fortress Monasteries have been given additional defenses which are used in Fleet or local Ground battles.  The amount of weapons start relatively low, but increase over time.  This rate is boosted if you have the Crafters or Tech-Brothers Advantage, and the maximum number of weapons is increased by the Siege Masters Advantage.
Chapter Initialization script has been updated.  New chapters start with less Dreadnoughts, and Terminators, but have spare sarcophagi.
Loading/Unloading system has been updated.  Marines should no longer teleport.  Report any bugs this may have generated.
Mechanicus Minor Artifacts, in trade, have been added.
Select All (selection size) has been updated.
The Penitorium has been added (mostly).
Space Hulks have been completed.
Ancient Ruins have been completed.

Other Changes:
Crusades have been given a range indicator for maximum fleet range.
Restored dialogue options to the first Eldar quest.
Removed some debugging stuff that I left in.  Oops.
Perils of the Warp frequency has been halved.
The rare 'Exterminatus across the sector' bug has been fixed.
Star systems should no longer have blank names.
Apothecaries/Techmarines are working again within ships.
Tyranid forces now save correctly.
Various bugfixes.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 21, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »

YAY!  New patch, thanks a ton Duke!

Evidently someone was working on an improved UI for Duke, then Life got in the way.

What that is so annoying.  Do you have a doc of what you need or something?  You may just have to crowdsource it.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 21, 2014, 07:53:54 pm »

YAY!  New patch, thanks a ton Duke!

What that is so annoying.  Do you have a doc of what you need or something?  You may just have to crowdsource it.
You are (all) welcome.

I've begun to work on the UI myself, since that appears to be how it'll get done.  I'll probably need help with certain menus, so crowdsourcing some of it seems very likely, once I finish with the basis.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 21, 2014, 08:10:39 pm »

Excuse me, but how do you get STC fragments off of planets? due I have to raid it, or do they work like artifacts?

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 21, 2014, 09:26:12 pm »

Excuse me, but how do you get STC fragments off of planets? due I have to raid it, or do they work like artifacts?
They work like artifacts, except you require Techpriests or Techmarines to be landed.  This may be changed eventually.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 22, 2014, 01:02:26 am »

Thanks Duke, I'll leave bugs here if I find any.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:03 am »

Hi Duke,

Nice update so far. I have to report that Perils of the Warp (custom chapter, no penalty to have them occur more often still happen pretty often. With my Librarium involved, I suffer at least one peril per battle, anywhere from someone being knocked out to my chief librarian turning into a Greater Demon of Slaanesh.

Also, at one point I had all of my ship-based marines located aboard one ship somehow (some 5 companies worth). I think this turned out well, as this included two companies of marines that should have been on Crusade, which might explain why we completed the Crusade with 0 casualties instead of the more standard 90% casualties.

Thanks for the tip for how to recover STC fragments. The Mechanicus slavers in a satisfactory manner when you dangle it in front of them. Is there any personal use the Chapter can make of these things, though?

Finally, I got to play around with an Ancient Ruin in my current game before fighting Tyranids (and a Greater Demon) made it eat itself. It was a fun encounter against a heretic cult, but at the end we were supposed to recover wargear, and recovered 0x (blank), 0x (blank), and 0x (blank)... which I don't think was intended.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 22, 2014, 06:55:53 pm »

For the UI I suggest you make a UI desing/feature/usability note, that would give the guidlines for positions, functions and hotkeys across the whole game. (or take example on Dwarf Fortress).
Let the "artists" work the buttons AFTER they're positioned/sized properly. Pretty isn't necessarily good or functional.
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-831-user-interface-design-and-implementation-spring-2011/in-class-activities/usability/

I'd like to have an auto-buy option too, since I'd like to avoid the equipment menu as much as possible. I'd like to have auto|prompt|never in both equipping troops than receiving recruits/promotions and a particular gear reaches 0 and you have enough requisition.
eg of prompt : You need 4 heavy blaster (80req), auto-buy them? Y/N,    A new Librarian has joined the ranks, 1 rosarium(50) and 1 powerfist(50) bought.
In lack of funds, the current message is fine.

Another bug, it seems you can go up to -20 lascanon.
Simply have more than 0, select troopers and change it in the primary slot (don't touch any other equipment before). It seems to work only for the lascanon in the primary slot.

LAZER 4 ALL!

I've got other gear into negative sometime, but mostly -1 when promotions/battles/game full of other bugs anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 22, 2014, 07:22:52 pm »

That would be very simple, but it would take a LOT of grunt work and copy/pasting.  I'd have to more or less cut like 3000 names from a document and convert them to INI.  Not saying I won't, but before that happens I would need some volunteers.

The Emperor asks many sacrifices of the faithful. Some are paid in blood. Others, in time. We do what we must, for Him.

(PM me the details of the kinda work you'd need done. I spend most of my days at work hacking apart data files and documents anyways.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 22, 2014, 11:31:10 pm »

It would appear the Gods of Chaos have infected the last update.  It is impossible to recruit new marines.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 23, 2014, 01:25:55 am »

I can't even seem to extract the most recent update, winRAR is saying that it's corrupt.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #688 on: October 23, 2014, 03:42:56 am »

Then your copy must be submitted to the Holy Inquisition.

Do not mind the company of Grey Knights surrounding your position, they are here to protect you.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:35:22 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:36 am »

They are here to protect you from the terrible secrets of space.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 288