Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798903 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2014, 04:32:04 am »

Does this game have a webpage beyond the 4chan link?  Is the first post still current with the latest download?

Link to 1d4chan wiki always has the latest download link.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 29, 2014, 06:57:23 am »

I love how everything is grimdark, and then there's the orks, which are just hilarious. The second-most hilarious thing are Imperator "miniatures" that stand almost a metre tall.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2014, 07:14:31 am »

You mean Imperator Titans?

Also The Emperors and Humanity's xenocidal urge is quite understandable, when the first alien you meet is an Ork Waagh and the second encounter are fucking eldar which some years later destroy your intergalactic empire, you would be pissed off too at aliens. We can presume that the Emperor, would have a different view on the Tau though.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2014, 07:33:05 am »

My friend always said that the simplest way to have an Imperator in a tabletop game is to put a wreath on your head and stand on the table. Whatever you point at, dies.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2014, 07:37:50 am »

But Tau were encountered after the emperor was enshrined didn't they?

Thus  the current relationship status comes more from the inquisition/imperium xenofoby than from the emperor himself

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 29, 2014, 07:50:01 am »

My friend always said that the simplest way to have an Imperator in a tabletop game is to put a wreath on your head and stand on the table. Whatever you point at, dies.
Or you could hire midgets to play your imperators...
Hmm...

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 29, 2014, 08:01:55 am »

Well, some people were stating Emperor was LG, so just pointing out his genocidal policies... Though to be honest, D&D alignments suck ass anyway. It all comes down to paladins murdering goblin children etc in the end.

That was the point I was trying to make; if you're going to go referencing D&D alignment, xenocide isn't anti-good as long as you make the assumption that the species you're trying to scourge is evil. It's one of the root reasons that the D&D alignment system makes a hilarious benchmark for trying to define anything, *especially* good and evil.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 29, 2014, 08:02:41 am »

With Emperor alive, the Tau would get conquered and their tech assimilated faster than you can quack.
._.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 29, 2014, 09:03:06 am »

Hmm...
Midgets are only tall enough for Emperors class I think. Unless you dress them up a leg then maybe... I'll go find a midget.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 29, 2014, 09:11:22 am »

Hmm...
Midgets are only tall enough for Emperors class I think. Unless you dress them up a leg then maybe... I'll go find a midget.
Well, for it to be an accurate Imperator there has to be soemthing of a castle ABOVE the head, so you just give them a castle-hat.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 29, 2014, 09:18:17 am »

If that midget want to play with his dolls then let him in peace :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:56 am »

It would be fun to read some chaos pov material for a change and see how this chaos chapter works in regards of low status cultist vs the life of low status mans on hive worlds

Actually, they did make a book series similar to that. I can't remember the name at the top of my head though, and I don't think I can find it again. But it was exactly what you were talking about, and followed one of the nicer chaos chapters in their daily lives murdering Imperial soldiers. It was pretty good, actually, and portrayed the chaos guys as sympathetically as any other space marine chapter in 40k.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 29, 2014, 09:44:48 am »

The Night Lord series. Also known as 'How to be a Chaos Marine without necessarily being a psychotic murdermachine... or at least no more then a regular Space Marine.'

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 29, 2014, 11:12:04 am »

Yeah sure and then Inquisition comes calling, executing thousands for not shooting xenos on sight.
Not...really? I mean, certainly the Ordo Xenos kills plenty of people for colluding with the Enemies of Mankind, but "and the inquisition kills them all" is a lazy and boring way to look at 40k. Especially since it isn't true in many cases. Rogue Traders are, of course, explicitly allowed to deal with xenos as they see fit, but also non-Puritan Inquisitors have a tendency to ignore or work with xenos. It's not an uncommon, or even unreasonable opinion, that Chaos represents the bigger threat. That's not even getting into pro-Xeno Recongregators and the Xenos Hybris. And, of course, there's still the entire Eastern Fringe. Imperial Law just isn't very authoritative there.
That would actually be a fun campaign to play in 40k - being democratic activists who want to, you know, end all the fucked up shit. It would need careful balancing to keep things going without asshatting with Chaos or something, while avoiding extermination and so forth. Of course it would all go to shit in the end, but it might still be a good story. Best possible result would be getting alive into Tau space and turning to them, I guess. Even if they are mindfuckers, they are better than the other options.
Letting aliens live doesn't have much of anything to do with democracy. But even so, there are democracies in the Imperium. It's a decentralized system, and so long are the tithes are paid and heresy is suppressed Terra cares little what form a planetary government takes. There is every kind of government one can imagine out there.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 288