Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799023 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2014, 08:46:37 am »

Ultramar is basically a mini-Empire within the overall structure. It's probably the closest you come to finding a 'nice' place to live in W40K for the average person, assuming the Tyrannids don't come busting in.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2014, 08:55:00 am »

Uh, how do you do those necron tomb-blowing missions? I landed some guys with the plasma bomb on the planet and nothing happened. Should I have raided or purged the planet, or what?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2014, 09:18:42 am »

Uh, how do you do those necron tomb-blowing missions? I landed some guys with the plasma bomb on the planet and nothing happened. Should I have raided or purged the planet, or what?

You have to have a mission from the Inquisition to do it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:39 am »

Yeah, I know. I failed it, as nothing happened once I got there.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2014, 09:44:46 am »

(Plus I don't really think Tyranids are evil as such, they are just....hungry. However, they are bad news for everyone else and as such worst.)

This is ridiculous. humans OP pls nerf

Fun Fact: Apparently the reason that the Tyranids arrived was due to the Astronomician. The big pyshic beacon that Imperial ships use to travel 'safely' through the warp. Apparently the Tyranids are attracted to it like moths to a flame. That might have been retconned though. But if it's true, it's another thing to blame the Imperium for. Just like the creation of almost all of the Chaos faction(s). And Gods.

humans OP pls nerf

Ultramar is basically a mini-Empire within the overall structure. It's probably the closest you come to finding a 'nice' place to live in W40K for the average person, assuming the Tyrannids don't come busting in.

Eh... I'm sure that there are many other nice places to live besides Ultramar. Like a really nice agricultural world, or independent alien empire, or something. It's just that we don't hear about them since 40k is so grimdark. So either those places are never mentioned, since nothing happens to them, or they get attacked by one of the many threats in the galaxy and are no longer nice. Which says something about the universe if the best way to survive/live is to keep your head down and not be noticed.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2014, 09:45:38 am »

Y'did the land-and-wait-several-turns thing?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2014, 09:48:06 am »

Meh, the Emperor isn't exactly evil though. He's Lawful Evil at worst and probably Lawful Neutral. Things would probably have been at least a bit better if the Emperor hadn't basically been killed.

And you can't really blame them for erecting the Astronomician, if they hadn't it would have been almost impossible to create the Empire. And don't forget that the Astronomician and the Navigators were just ment as a stopgap until an Imperial Webway could be built. But then the Horus Heresy happened.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2014, 09:49:55 am »

I landed five guys, one with the bomb, and waited two turns. Then the mission failed.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:47 am »

There were some kind of agricultural worlds that were mentioned in the context of some kind of mechas. Knight-something.
._.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2014, 10:12:08 am »

Meh, the Emperor isn't exactly evil though. He's Lawful Evil at worst and probably Lawful Neutral. Things would probably have been at least a bit better if the Emperor hadn't basically been killed.

And you can't really blame them for erecting the Astronomician, if they hadn't it would have been almost impossible to create the Empire. And don't forget that the Astronomician and the Navigators were just ment as a stopgap until an Imperial Webway could be built. But then the Horus Heresy happened.
Isn't... isn't the Emperor actually Lawful GOOD?

As in, his vision was to drag the humanity OUT of the dark ages and usher a new era of understanding and tolerance, even (especially?) towards alien races? It was just that after his semi-demise and in some specific cases even before it that his vision was at first twisted and then completely 180°'d by various over-zealous and/or downright corrupted minds?

...or was I just mislead by a filthy Gue'la propaganda? FOR GREATOR GOOD!
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:53 am »

I just said Lawful Neutral to not sound too optimistic, tbh :P

So basically since all of the theories about the rebirth of the emperor or w/e are retconned out, the Empire and humanity as a whole is basically entirely fucked? As far as I can see, there's not even really any hope for things to make a change for the better...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:01 am »

I landed five guys, one with the bomb, and waited two turns. Then the mission failed.

Ah, I've had that happen before. Did you save after you got the mission? I've had that happen and it refuses to let me do anything relating to the mission.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 28, 2014, 10:24:39 am »

Isn't... isn't the Emperor actually Lawful GOOD?

As in, his vision was to drag the humanity OUT of the dark ages and usher a new era of understanding and tolerance, even (especially?) towards alien races?
Through massive amounts of violence and a galaxy wide campaign of military conquest. Lawful good, he was not. I'd peg 'im as some form of neutral, but anything from lawful to chaotic (monomaniacal focus) could possibly fit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2014, 11:06:33 am »

Ah, right, the reconquista. Fair enough. I see now that I also misread miauw62 's post, I saw just "lawful evil" and I wondered. Still wasn't it more of a "liberation" and "bringing order to anarchy" kind of conquest? Almost "for greater good" kinda, heh. Yeah, "neutral" seems most or at least more likely. IIRC he was still generally more of a progressive, tolerant kind of conquer, yes? Then again, all knowledge I have of WH40K is from occasional reading of wh40k.lexicanum  so there's that.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2014, 12:05:11 pm »

Still wasn't it more of a "liberation" and "bringing order to anarchy" kind of conquest?
That's every conquest ever. Enemies are always evil (or at least very, very wrong), backwards, or decadent.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 288