Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799186 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2014, 07:41:38 am »

The worst is when your chaplains get the black rage :I, who da hell gonna leadz meh dearth cermperny???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2014, 07:42:51 am »

Khorne, of course!

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2014, 08:18:17 am »

Khorne, of course!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!  >:(

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2014, 08:59:25 am »

Personally, I just keep them in a cage and point them at the enemy. When battle comes, I just open the cage and stand back until most of the limbs have stopped flying across the battlefield.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2014, 02:02:41 pm »

Hm... I seem to have won the new version, as far as it goes. Probably just a bad seed for the sector generation, but I wiped out the local orcs before a Waaaagh! could get off the ground, no Tau, no Eldar, no tyranid, and no chaos cults. There are one or two necron tombs identified, but they've stayed asleep for 200+ turns. The inquisition asks me to send a ship filled with marines here and there every so often, but arriving at the designated star seems to be enough to please them.

This seems to describe my game too. (I'm playing Blood Angels as well.) Lots of Ork invasions, zero of anything else going on. No corruption to speak of, very few events. The most I've seen is a WAAGGGH event, a Warp Storm event, and a "Someone in the Mechanicus doesn't like you" event. I keep reading other people's games with all the crazy shit going on, and it makes me wonder if the canon chapters have some sort of scenario presets. It seems like making a custom chapter, you're bound to see way more happen than with the Blood Angels who basically have no downsides or weaknesses other than the Black Rage. I've managed to go 40 turns and clear three heavy infestations and not lost a single marine. Granted, I have about 30 Death Company spread across the whole chapter, and several critically wounded scouts and what not...but they're not dead. Their healing rates seem atrociously slow though, at least while on a ship. Maybe that has to do with the # of Apothecaries on the ship.

They really need to change battle messages to differentiate people who are killed from those who are critically wounded.

edit

Turns out Librarians do gain xp. But it seems to be based on whether or not they get a kill, since I have Librarians with 1 or 2 xp over their starting amount. I also see them referenced in the army description when you've got few enough special troops it takes the time to describe them. So the game knows they're there, it just seems they're doing anything particularly special that we know of.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:54:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2014, 04:30:29 pm »

Hm... I seem to have won the new version, as far as it goes. Probably just a bad seed for the sector generation, but I wiped out the local orcs before a Waaaagh! could get off the ground, no Tau, no Eldar, no tyranid, and no chaos cults. There are one or two necron tombs identified, but they've stayed asleep for 200+ turns. The inquisition asks me to send a ship filled with marines here and there every so often, but arriving at the designated star seems to be enough to please them.

This seems to describe my game too. (I'm playing Blood Angels as well.) Lots of Ork invasions, zero of anything else going on. No corruption to speak of, very few events. The most I've seen is a WAAGGGH event, a Warp Storm event, and a "Someone in the Mechanicus doesn't like you" event. I keep reading other people's games with all the crazy shit going on, and it makes me wonder if the canon chapters have some sort of scenario presets. It seems like making a custom chapter, you're bound to see way more happen than with the Blood Angels who basically have no downsides or weaknesses other than the Black Rage. I've managed to go 40 turns and clear three heavy infestations and not lost a single marine. Granted, I have about 30 Death Company spread across the whole chapter, and several critically wounded scouts and what not...but they're not dead. Their healing rates seem atrociously slow though, at least while on a ship. Maybe that has to do with the # of Apothecaries on the ship.

They really need to change battle messages to differentiate people who are killed from those who are critically wounded.

edit

Turns out Librarians do gain xp. But it seems to be based on whether or not they get a kill, since I have Librarians with 1 or 2 xp over their starting amount. I also see them referenced in the army description when you've got few enough special troops it takes the time to describe them. So the game knows they're there, it just seems they're doing anything particularly special that we know of.

My games seem to run from rather tame like yours to chaos slugfests. I have yet to see any Tau or Elder though. Have they not been added in yet?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2014, 04:32:51 pm »

They have, but you have to go looking for them. Tau fleets will appear, as will Eldar fleets. They will spread their influence on planets.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2014, 04:36:07 pm »

I found a craft world that you can only see in the zoomed out map because it exists half on the map, half off the edge. In normal view you can't scroll far enough to see it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2014, 04:45:09 pm »

I found some eldar, who (I guess) possessed some artifact. then the game froze (and I haven't saved in forever)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2014, 04:45:22 pm »

how do you move people across company? or replenish a company after battle. I have 60 geneseed, no idea how to use them

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2014, 05:06:23 pm »

You have to set some requisition to recruitment. Then you'll get a new scout every 66 turns and if he lives long enough you can promote him to the 9th company and so forth.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2014, 05:41:13 pm »

Hrm. Librarians don't seem to do shit in combat. Also, those missions to blow up necro tombs are bitches.

Chapter Master and four terminators seems to be a good group to send into the necron tombs (the most I've encountered on the way in was a couple of wraith things that the terminators make short work of). Chapter Master carries the plasma bomb >_>

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2014, 06:12:08 pm »

Has anybody figured out what the minor artifacts the mechanicus trades are? They don't show up on the artifact list. Is it just a random unbuyable power armor?
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2014, 07:31:27 pm »

Hrm. Librarians don't seem to do shit in combat. Also, those missions to blow up necro tombs are bitches.

Chapter Master and four terminators seems to be a good group to send into the necron tombs (the most I've encountered on the way in was a couple of wraith things that the terminators make short work of). Chapter Master carries the plasma bomb >_>

Lucky you. I send in my chapter master and two terminators. I keep on spawning groups of fifty necron warriors to fight. v.v On the bright side, Thunder Shield+Relic blade on the chapter master makes him a beast in melee.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:26 am »

Has anybody figured out what the minor artifacts the mechanicus trades are? They don't show up on the artifact list. Is it just a random unbuyable power armor?

Seem to be random, but so far I've got one Tartarus armor, one Terminator armor and one Dreadnought.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 288