Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799193 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2014, 05:13:52 pm »

The Good Orks and their Warboss chapter master (shh, the inquisition didn't noticed yet) have been busy cleaning a lot of planet with "extreme" level of Tyranid population, that's my first play in which there were so many system infested (and with 0 population as Tyranid does kill and eat them all when they infest). Fortunately after an orbital bombing their threat become moderate and 2 raiding will clean without losses.

In the opposite side of the galaxy bunch of Orks (the Bad Orks i guess) have been busy overwhelming sectors or crashing into them, but nothing to alarming for my now cool side of the galaxy.

The inquisition requested 2 times the same mission : moving to a sector before an inquisitor probably suspected of heresy, and shoot him. Lucky the 2 times the sectors weren't far, so the Good Orks did a good work at not listening the attempt of heretic inquisitor to contact them and annihilated the humie without a second thought, for the emperor of course.

Got a funny event :

The system was at some distance, but i launched my fleet still there.
I learned that unchecked Necron awake reproduce at alarming rate, make a couple of orbital bombing then raid and once the raid is done without losses on your side, notice how the necrons are back at the threat level they were before the raid.
Meaning the only good method to kill more than they reproduce was orbital bombing, took some more and finally no more nekron.

when i was attempting to raid once the enemy was supposed destroyed , after the battle result there was a message about deep strike failing in tunnel due to lacking some tunel thing (i guess some ability i didn't took at the creation of the chapter). I wonder if that explain why raiding wasn't doing much in killing the necron threat.

Back to Whaagapolis , our homeworld.
Now let's look what's happening on the other side of the galaxy as messages about Orks seems to be a bit too regular

I see, note for later : avoid sending the Good Orks fleet that side of the galaxy, no way i can buy enough ships to face many of those with how small requisition come in (convinced a couple of time the imperium guy to give us some and even convinced once the mechanicus things and the sororitas to give us some requisiton, still far from being able to get barges)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:17:50 pm by Robsoie »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2014, 05:39:49 pm »

Things are going surprisingly well. several planets cleansed, 4 ruins looted, and no major losses yet. Having trouble collecting geneseed though.

How do you get troops to engage melee? Only Dreadnoughts seem to do so, and my melee enthusiast pick is just lying there mostly unused.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:42:55 pm by Blaze »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2014, 05:45:43 pm »

That battle cry :D

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2014, 05:58:38 pm »

Things are going surprisingly well. several planets cleansed, 4 ruins looted, and no major losses yet. Having trouble collecting geneseed though.

How do you get troops to engage melee? Only Dreadnoughts seem to do so, and my melee enthusiast pick is just lying there mostly unused.
Melee seems to be glitched.  Notice how orks hit you like 10 times total every round even though you're killing hundreds of them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2014, 06:09:37 pm »

Then other times where you will end up in melee range and your ranged weapons will not work at all.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »

Quickest game I've had so far. Turn four and lost my battle barge to the warp. Since my chapter commander was on it I lost.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2014, 06:34:27 pm »

In previous version just for fun i unloaded my marines on an eldar ship and while my troops were dying slightly faster than his, at some point suddenly their leader died and their number crumbled to 1% facing my 30 % despite just before the leader died he was at 40%
And the 1% of the eldars was an avatar .

Each turn 24 swords were striking it without killing.
He managed to kill 1 % each +/-5 turns sometime more roughly, while still not dying.
After half a hundred of turns of the thing taking 24 swords striking it and still not dying (while my % was reduced to +/- 23%)  i decided to give up that battle.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2014, 06:46:54 pm »

A little more detail on remaining numbers in battle would be nice...or at least HP for leaders/boss types or something.

Also...this text...is there any plans or ways to increase the resolution on the text? Its so hard to read half the time

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »

So I'm a little confused about assigning Psykers and Techmarines to the Companies. Do you just put them on the ship and drop them along with the companies, or can you assign them in some way I haven't seen. (Other than I guess, promoting?) It's kind of annoying having to manage them through the Librarium instead of through the Company.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:58:27 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2014, 06:55:31 pm »

Also...this text...is there any plans or ways to increase the resolution on the text? Its so hard to read half the time
That's what i hope too, the small text is difficult to read, and during chapter creation it's painful.

So I'm a little confused about assigning Psykers and Techmarines to the Companies. Do you just put them on the ship and drop them along with the companies, or can you assign them in some way I haven't seen. (Other than I guess, promoting?)
No idea, i usually use the Promote button to do the company switching.

Related, i tried to assign 7 Terminators (that were promotable as they were part of all my battle since start) to HQ, leading them into becoming Honor Guards.
But i ran into equipment problem :

On the armory guy where you can buy weapons/armor/vehicles/ships this weapon is not listed.
Are more weapons becoming available with time, or is that weapon not yet implemented ?

I would like to add some troops to the chapter master but i can't seem to do that even through the Promote button, so no idea if there's another way
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:05:16 pm by Robsoie »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2014, 07:18:49 pm »

You can try to convince the local sector commander to give you a new recruiting world.

Where's the interface for this? I've landed on half a dozen billion pop worlds and never had the opportunity to ask, and I don't see anything in the Imperial diplomacy menu for it either. Am I just being dense?
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2014, 07:22:02 pm »

You can try to convince the local sector commander to give you a new recruiting world.

Where's the interface for this? I've landed on half a dozen billion pop worlds and never had the opportunity to ask, and I don't see anything in the Imperial diplomacy menu for it either. Am I just being dense?

It's a recruiting license. It's damn expensive to.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2014, 07:24:38 pm »

Thanks.
It's a recruiting license. It's damn expensive to.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2014, 07:25:52 pm »

On the armory guy where you can buy weapons/armor/vehicles/ships this weapon is not listed.
Are more weapons becoming available with time, or is that weapon not yet implemented ?

I would like to add some troops to the chapter master but i can't seem to do that even through the Promote button, so no idea if there's another way

Nope, you did that yourself at Chapter creation. You can choose the default equipment you have to have to upgrade it.

*Edit* Well, that is the second time I've lost my battle barge with my Chapter Master traveling. They should really make it so that doesn't happen to the ship with him on it. Insta-losing like that really fucking sucks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:47:03 pm by Xardalas »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2014, 07:50:33 pm »

Well, went on a Crusade, lost 756 troops.

On the other hand my geneseed stocks have skyrocketed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 288