Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799375 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2014, 11:53:33 am »

So I engaged in such unspeakable heresy that it cannot be mentioned here lest the corruption spread. cheated a bit to get unlimited requisition and attempted to buy a battle barge. It said it'd take 12 turns, I waited said turns and got a built message. However, I have no idea how to add it to the fleet. There's a "1" next to the entry in the armamentarium, but I can't find a way to add it to the fleet.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »

So I engaged in such unspeakable heresy that it cannot be mentioned here lest the corruption spread. cheated a bit to get unlimited requisition and attempted to buy a battle barge. It said it'd take 12 turns, I waited said turns and got a built message. However, I have no idea how to add it to the fleet. There's a "1" next to the entry in the armamentarium, but I can't find a way to add it to the fleet.

The one time I purchased a ship (but a lowly hunter) it was built at the local Mechanicus forgeworld. Once I got the 'ship ready' message it appeared in orbit there.

On an unrelated note, seems the artifacts can be something notable. Found a "plasma gun" that a) was pure black with glowing green energy and b) had an undermounted flamer. Sure, kinda necron-y suspicious, but what the heck gave it to a captain. Battle reports are now including the (deadly) results of a conversion beam projector among my forces. Interesting.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2014, 01:00:32 pm »

Am I missing a way to select all or multiple units at one time in lists? Transfering 100+ Marines from a planet to a ship is getting rather tedious

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2014, 01:01:26 pm »

Select one and on the bottom left click on "selection size"

So the inquisition ask me to go to investigate some hive around the Freya system.

Next time, i'll politely tell them to go to tyranid hell themselves

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2014, 01:32:06 pm »

Nice. An actual reason to play founding chapters instead of custom ones in this version (+3 BBs is huge). It'll be easy to load up EVERYTHING with all the extra room.

Also, with ancient ruins giving extra requisition, I might finally be able to afford enough vehicles to fill them all.

It will hopefully make some of those tyranid fleet battles more manageable as well.

@Robsoie Awesome battle-cry for the Steel Gentlemen btw.
It's a game. Have fun.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2014, 01:36:15 pm »

I felt it was fitting perfectly with the theme :D

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2014, 02:17:51 pm »

was trying to hunt down a ork infestation but three compnies glitched out

better not assoult multiple planet in the same turn :P

btw, is there a way not to attack the fleet of the imperial guards?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2014, 02:19:26 pm »

btw, is there a way not to attack the fleet of the imperial guards?

Don't click on them? I believe that does the trick. EMPRAH's space marines should not hesitate, so don't you dare ask a confirmation screen.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:40 pm »

I need gene seeds, which I apparently can only acquire by letting Marines die. But I am also a person who is unbelievably anal about not losing special units.

Still your quavering heart, for the Emperor is watching and cowardice sickens Him.

Know that the Astartes are born to fight and die. Even the least among them willingly embrace death, for it is the Emperor's will that they do so. No Astartes who dies in battle is truly dead, for they will live eternally sitting at the Emperor's table and march at his side with all other Astartes when called to the Final Battle. Do not mourn your fallen battle brothers! Instead celebrate their deaths, for they have done all that the Emperor and his Imperium asked of them.

Ask not how your battle brothers may give their lives for the Emperor. Ask how they may give their deaths for Him.

What is your Duty? To serve Emperor's Will.

What is Emperor's Will? That we fight and die.

What is Death? It is our duty.

What is your Duty? ...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:18:52 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »

I need gene seeds, which I apparently can only acquire by letting Marines die. But I am also a person who is unbelievably anal about not losing special units.

Still your quavering heart, for the Emperor is watching and cowardice sickens Him.

Know that the Astartes are born to fight and die. Even the least among them willingly embrace death, for it is the Emperor's will that they do so. No Astartes who dies in battle is truly dead, for they will live eternally sitting at the Emperor's table and march at his side with all other Astartes when called to the Final Battle. Do not mourn your fallen battle brothers! Instead celebrate their deaths, for they have done all that the Emperor and his Imperium asked of them.

Ask not how your battle brothers may give their lives for the Emperor. Ask how they may give their deaths for him.
Sounds like something the Spacewolves would say, them being Norse based and all that.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2014, 03:13:56 pm »

Joined a crusade, inquisitors demand I stop at (blank) for inspection and besiege my homeworld.
Imma gonna have to let this one sit for a while.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »

UPDATE: Inquisitors still hate Rangers. Grrrgh.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:04 pm »

So I assume if you land a force on a planet with a point of interest, and nothing happens, it's generally not-implemented content?

Also, can you claim new recruiting worlds or are you stuck with what you start with? If so, how?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2014, 04:55:56 pm »

You can try to convince the local sector commander to give you a new recruiting world.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2014, 04:57:41 pm »

There is an option under diplomacy with the imperium to trade for one, but I've never gotten them to accept. Tried 500 requisition and 20 geneseed and it was still impossible, so they must be worth a fair bit (each geneseed is worth ~50 req).

Maybe try it after a crusade, when you've got 200 spare geneseed in your stockpile. Although, you only tend to go on crusades when the imperium is already pissed at you, so it might not work anyway.

It could be a real balancing act to get the required goods.

Kill marines, buy planet. Profit!
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 288