Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 799499 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2014, 05:25:31 am »

All in all, it sounds a bit gay-sexy though.

I would not be surprised if this was intentional. WH40K is so deliciously over the top.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2014, 05:31:02 am »

I believe, with the geneseed, there is a limited number of them and every time a Space Marine dies it has to be collected or they lose one potential new recruit. Of course that doesn't lead to a very sustainable faction where every lost battle results in unrecoverable troop numbers, so that's why this game has two appear for every fallen. Grimdark over sense and all that, Warhammer 40,000 is really not meant to be taken serious.

300 planets lost to alien invasions? The empire is even more doomed than before, DOOMED, but doesn't affect them in anyway.

The official game lore also has two geneseeds per marine, one in the chest and one in the neck.
Shoes...

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2014, 05:31:35 am »

Indeed, if you get good relations and demand military assistance you can order all nearby ships to a system.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2014, 05:36:27 am »

PTW.

Looks interesting.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2014, 05:40:06 am »

All in all, it sounds a bit gay-sexy though.

I would not be surprised if this was intentional. WH40K is so deliciously over the top.

Warhamster began as over-the-top-humor and satire of militarism, where not making any sense was part of the fun. However, I think I it has started taking itself seriously, pushing how all the grimdark and hungry, hungry hippos eating stars is cool and not silly at all. Many fans take the lore seriously nowadays, without the slightest smirk. So yeah, that is kind of where I lost interest...

...but I still want to see this game finished and fleshed out! A proper Battlefleet Gothic adaptation would be great too. I used to play that and Mordheim as a kid.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:41:51 am by Majestic7 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2014, 05:41:31 am »

The official game lore also has two geneseeds per marine, one in the chest and one in the neck.
On the bright side, you don't have to die for it to be extracted. In fact you have to survive for ~5 years for it to even be usable, so the game has it completely backwards.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2014, 05:46:51 am »

I believe, with the geneseed, there is a limited number of them and every time a Space Marine dies it has to be collected or they lose one potential new recruit. Of course that doesn't lead to a very sustainable faction where every lost battle results in unrecoverable troop numbers, so that's why this game has two appear for every fallen. Grimdark over sense and all that, Warhammer 40,000 is really not meant to be taken serious.

300 planets lost to alien invasions? The empire is even more doomed than before, DOOMED, but doesn't affect them in anyway.

It does? Huh. Whelp, more fool me for doubting the incredible minds at work on this game, they know their 40k.

@Majestic7: There's this wonderful cover of a book released by Games Workshop in the 80s or early 90s called something like "Dancemoves for Space Hulk".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

GobbieMarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2014, 07:09:22 am »

Wow, you can trade Gene Seed for Requisition?

A necessary mechanic maybe, but counter to most Space Marine lore. (Excluding the rule that there are no rules in 40k.)

That's how new chapters are made. Your Chapter Progenitor is the chapter that gave up one thousand geneseed to make yours.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2014, 10:23:48 am »

On the bright side, you don't have to die for it to be extracted. In fact you have to survive for ~5 years for it to even be usable, so the game has it completely backwards.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Marines grow additional geneseeds if they survive long enough?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2014, 10:31:54 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Marines grow additional geneseeds if they survive long enough?
Hard to say (I'm going by the wiki here), but it seems like no. Otherwise it would be kinda weird to only harvest them from dead people (which is, again implied, not stated, to be more of a custom, then a hard rule).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2014, 10:35:14 am »

Hard to say (I'm going by the wiki here), but it seems like no. Otherwise it would be kinda weird to only harvest them from dead people (which is, again implied, not stated, to be more of a custom, then a hard rule).

Plus it would undercut the theme of Marines dying having a plus side. If marines could regrow the geneseed, it'd stand to reason the goal of most space marines would be to survive, for the good of the chapter, than die for the Emperor and the Imperium. The additional gene seed is the perk that makes their death's less tragic/unacceptable.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2014, 11:57:06 am »

Just played 20 minutes and I really like what I see. Obviously incredibly alpha, but it's really going along the right path.

As with all of these kinda projects, I really hope that the creator spends time on the bug fixing and polish, rather than just jamming more content into it, as it's pretty (/very) messy right now. I also worry that GW will decide to shut it down if it gains any kind of momentum, which would be a real shame as it's things like this which would actually get people back into playing the tabletop.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »

Is there a way to increase the resolution ? Trying to manually increase the window size just lead into crash.
The text is really tiny small.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2014, 12:56:07 pm »

Not so far as I know. Sorry.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2014, 01:12:26 pm »

Is there a way to increase the resolution ? Trying to manually increase the window size just lead into crash.
The text is really tiny small.

By this do you mean, you just maxmized the game window? I was able to do that w/o a crash.

Still doesn't help that even maximized, half-sized text is almost unreadable.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 288