Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798146 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #690 on: October 23, 2014, 05:49:24 am »

I so want an imperial guard version of this! Guardsmen face the same perils as your marines armed only with a flashlight and balls of steel!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:23 am »

Screw that, when the going gets tough, the Imperial Guard starts rolling Baneblades.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 23, 2014, 11:35:18 am »

You'd still put guardsmen around the baneblade as shield, they are more replaceable

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 23, 2014, 11:44:00 am »

I'd just like to second that even a really plain but usable UI would be VERY much appreciated. All the overlays/graphics and things can come later.

Keep up the fantastic work Duke - it's very much appreciated. A lot of lurkers/non-bay12 people that I know are really into it too, and I'd like to pass on their thanks!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 23, 2014, 03:31:10 pm »

I so want an imperial guard version of this! Guardsmen face the same perils as your marines armed only with a fleshlight and balls of steel!

Fixed

More seriously I want an Inquisition or Adeptus mechanicus (Titan division) or a Tau version. :D

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:15 pm »

For the UI I suggest you make a UI desing/feature/usability note, that would give the guidlines for positions, functions and hotkeys across the whole game. (or take example on Dwarf Fortress).
Let the "artists" work the buttons AFTER they're positioned/sized properly. Pretty isn't necessarily good or functional.
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-831-user-interface-design-and-implementation-spring-2011/in-class-activities/usability/

I'd like to have an auto-buy option too, since I'd like to avoid the equipment menu as much as possible. I'd like to have auto|prompt|never in both equipping troops than receiving recruits/promotions and a particular gear reaches 0 and you have enough requisition.
eg of prompt : You need 4 heavy blaster (80req), auto-buy them? Y/N,    A new Librarian has joined the ranks, 1 rosarium(50) and 1 powerfist(50) bought.
In lack of funds, the current message is fine.

Another bug, it seems you can go up to -20 lascanon.
Simply have more than 0, select troopers and change it in the primary slot (don't touch any other equipment before). It seems to work only for the lascanon in the primary slot.

LAZER 4 ALL!

I've got other gear into negative sometime, but mostly -1 when promotions/battles/game full of other bugs anyway.
The negatives seems to be generated by promoting marines to new roles, unless I am mistaken.  I'll take a look into this once the more major bugs are fixed.

It would appear the Gods of Chaos have infected the last update.  It is impossible to recruit new marines.
Make sure that you are not penitent, your recruiting planet has a population, and that your recruitment is set to be active.  If all of that checks out then I'll need to take a look at it.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I'd just like to second that even a really plain but usable UI would be VERY much appreciated. All the overlays/graphics and things can come later.

Keep up the fantastic work Duke - it's very much appreciated. A lot of lurkers/non-bay12 people that I know are really into it too, and I'd like to pass on their thanks!
I've started on the new UI a few days back, and intend on focusing upon it once CM is relatively stable.  You are all also welcome.

Minor update:

Other Changes:
With Ancient Ruins, you should no longer be given blank equipment.
Ancient Ruins Artifact crash has been fixed.
Combat should no longer crash randomly.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 24, 2014, 07:47:16 pm »

It would appear the Gods of Chaos have infected the last update.  It is impossible to recruit new marines.
Make sure that you are not penitent, your recruiting planet has a population, and that your recruitment is set to be active.  If all of that checks out then I'll need to take a look at it.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I wasn't even able to activate recruitment.  But I'll restart and check those other two things.

EDIT: Ok, it must have been something with the chapters I was using.  Newest random chapter recruits normally.  Thanks for the reply.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 24, 2014, 08:06:53 pm »

I so want an imperial guard version of this! Guardsmen face the same perils as your marines armed only with a flashlight and balls of steel!
That reminded me of the SS13 reference to them. You can get a practice laser gun that does 0 damage, and its description is 'standard issue gun of the imperial guard.'
I have to say I hate the whole "Lasguns suck" jerk. Lasguns do not even remotely suck. A Lasgun is easy to maintain, can run off of anything that produces heat including sunlight, will make an unarmored human very, very dead, and can even penetrate Space Marine armor at the joints. Oh, and if shit really hits the fan you can set it to maximum charge and throw it, upon which it will explode with the force of a melta bomb. Lasguns are an excellent main infantry weapon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:51 pm »

They're weak compared to machine guns that shoot rockets. 40K is not srs bsns.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 24, 2014, 09:08:03 pm »

They're weak compared to machine guns that shoot rockets. 40K is not srs bsns.

And "deadly to a normal human" accounts for a fraction of the 40k universe. It's an eminently efficient weapon, an explanation for how you arm billions of soldiers effectively. But lasguns are not sexy, and as far as fiction goes, they're basically only good within the Imperial Guard setting.

Christ, in Dark Heresy and the other roleplaying games, an autogun stomps the ever-loving shit out of lasguns. And a stub pistol is about the equal of a laspistol.

The only place lasguns get their due is in tabletop, where the law of averages makes them not-terrible.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:50:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 24, 2014, 09:12:41 pm »

Guys, you are overlooking a basic fact of the laz gun.  All you have to do is tape a flashlight to it and it becomes twin-linked.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 24, 2014, 09:25:46 pm »

Guys, you are overlooking a basic fact of the laz gun.  All you have to do is tape a flashlight to it and it becomes twin-linked.

Zing!
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 24, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

Nah, you have a laser pointer on your flashlight.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 25, 2014, 12:23:56 am »

Also, just re-iterating my offer to help. I really want to purge some of these names from the lists. (Cower in fear, enemies of the Imperium, for you face the wrath of Captain......Billy.......)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 25, 2014, 01:44:40 am »

In any other setting, a lasgun would be the supreme standard infantry weapon for all of the reasons MSH listed. Sadly, they're stuck in the 40k verse where space elves laugh as they shoot the fabric of Hell Itself at you. And that's not even the craziest weapon out there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 288