Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798497 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #495 on: September 04, 2014, 12:28:15 pm »

I have added +/- 20 honor guards to my chapter master (they are former terminator from company 1 i promoted into honor guard for HQ)
I then loaded the chapter master and its honor guards on a ship and sent it to a system with "sparse" orks presence.
I choose the raid option to send my HQ squad to test their might and the one of my chapter master , select the ship that is housing them and ... there's no way to fight, the "Launch" button does not display.

To be sure my squad was really on that ship, i just select them in fleet overview and unload them on the planet like that.
No battle follow, i wait a turn and reload them on the ship, and still raid will not have the launch button to appear.
I went back to homeworld, unloaded them, and loaded only a company (the 1st one) , went back with that ship to the weak orks , and there the "launch" button appears.

Looks like you can't launch an HQ/Chapter Master to fight ?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 04, 2014, 12:37:25 pm »

you can cause I do it all the time...must have been a lucky bug for you?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 04, 2014, 12:52:22 pm »

Maybe, i'll create another chapter to check.

edit : again, same problem with a new chapter i created.
In case i do something you don't , here's exactly what i do

- game start
- click on Fleet Overview
- select 1st company as it always had a bunch of promotable terminators
- select all the terminators and click on Promote
- Promote screen : select HQ , then Honor Guards (no other choice) , depending on what you have setup in the chapter creation you may or not need to go manufacture special weaponry, now assuming you have the honor guard weaponry ready (should be if you setup for them bolter and chainsword), everyone is now Honor guard in the Chapter Master's HQ
- Go to Fleet Overview, select the Chapter Master HQ (and so its 26 honor guards) , load them in the 1st cruiser.
- Map view, select the fleet, only check the cruiser that carry the HQ squadron and sent it to any ork world
- Select world, click Raid , select the ship ... and no Launch button will appear.

edit 2 : i think i see the problem : you need a specific minimum amount of troops inside of a ship for the launch button appear, you can't just load the 27 guys , the game for some reason will not allow the launch button to appear.
I added several troops of various companies to my 27 HQ guys and finally the launch button appears.
So no 30 guys squad attacks unfortunately, need more guys onboard
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:19:13 pm by Robsoie »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 05, 2014, 05:36:48 pm »

Is this the wrong place to ask questions?  I cant bring myself to register or post on 4chan.

1 - I told my honor guard to use omissian power axes by default, but cant seem to produce any or purchase any.  Should I just not specify those for new chapters?

2 - I've tried to buy skritari, tech priests, and land raiders from the mechanicus.  Trade goes okay, and ships meet me to complete the trade, but I do not see the troops or vehicles anywhere.  On the other hand, someone on my battlebarge is occasionally fireing a Conversion Beamer when i go on raids.  This might be one of the mechanicus guys? 

2 (cont) - Terminator armor purchases go of with no problem.  Artifact purchases (from diplomacy) seem to never produce any artifacts.

3 - landing vehicles by themselves seems to not provoke a battle?

4 - combat seems to be resolved by groups of weapons.  Is there any reason I should not setup terminators to dual-wield assault cannons?  will they have a weaker defense in close combat?  What about Devistators, can I give them two heavy weapons and expect them to fire both?

5 - is there any way to view the game data and compare weapon stats?  I expect the multimeltas should have a huge area effect, and plasma guns a small area and huge penetration?  but it's hard to tell what is going on under the covers.

edit - 6 - it looks like my reputation with the mechanicus is steadily dropping.  it keeps going lower every few turns, i think it started at 60 or 65 and is now around 56.  How do I get it back up?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:41:38 pm by puke »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 05, 2014, 05:48:29 pm »

Is this the wrong place to ask questions?  I cant bring myself to register or post on 4chan.

1 - I told my honor guard to use omissian power axes by default, but cant seem to produce any or purchase any.  Should I just not specify those for new chapters?

2 - I've tried to buy skritari, tech priests, and land raiders from the mechanicus.  Trade goes okay, and ships meet me to complete the trade, but I do not see the troops or vehicles anywhere.  On the other hand, someone on my battlebarge is occasionally fireing a Conversion Beamer when i go on raids.  This might be one of the mechanicus guys? 

2 (cont) - Terminator armor purchases go of with no problem.  Artifact purchases (from diplomacy) seem to never produce any artifacts.

3 - landing vehicles by themselves seems to not provoke a battle?

4 - combat seems to be resolved by groups of weapons.  Is there any reason I should not setup terminators to dual-wield assault cannons?  will they have a weaker defense in close combat?  What about Devistators, can I give them two heavy weapons and expect them to fire both?

5 - is there any way to view the game data and compare weapon stats?  I expect the multimeltas should have a huge area effect, and plasma guns a small area and huge penetration?  but it's hard to tell what is going on under the covers.

edit - 6 - it looks like my reputation with the mechanicus is steadily dropping.  it keeps going lower every few turns, i think it started at 60 or 65 and is now around 56.  How do I get it back up?

1. Not added into the game as far as I know.

2. Don't work as far as I know. As in, they are sort of partially added in but don't work.

3. Artifacts you but from the Mechanicus, the minor ones are actually various rare armours that you can't acquire normally.

4. You can't attack, only defend. You have to wait for them to attack your landed forces. Basically, dropping troops on planet just lets them use the planet's defence rating as a shield against damage for a few turns.

5. If there is, I don't know about it.

6. Your rep with them will drop if try to trade but don't offer anything. Make demands of them. Praise them seems to be fifty raising or lowering it. You also could of gotten a event that lowers your rep with them over time. It should stop once it knocks them down twenty or thirty points.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 05, 2014, 06:10:45 pm »

You've got it backwards. Plasma guns of all sizes fire a bolt of explosive plasma energy. Multi-meltas shoot beams of superheated air, meant for cutting holes through tank or walker armor. As far as table top goes, Multi-meltas don't fire AoE, if I'm remembering my rules right.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 05, 2014, 06:59:34 pm »

2. Skritarii should show up under your Chapter Master's unit, similar to the Honor Guard I reckon.(I havn't made any of those yet.)  I assume it is the same for the other units you buy.  (They seem to be cannon fodder compared to anything else you bring.)
6. You could raise reputation by giving major artifacts I reckon, but they seem rare....
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 05, 2014, 07:32:13 pm »

As far as table top goes, Multi-meltas don't fire AoE, if I'm remembering my rules right.

They did in 2nd ed, but I guess things change.  They used to have like a 3 inch template, if I'm remembering right.

I was confusing heavy plasmas for plasma guns though.  Heavy plasmas had maybe a 1.5 inch template or something, and all the smaller versions were single-target-only.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 05, 2014, 07:37:11 pm »

I think I'm going to table this until the next update.  Buying most things seems inconsistent and bugged.

I can find no way to attack tombs, though they sometimes activate and disgorge necrons.

At one point, my flagship became unavailable to use in raids and I had to rely on cruisers until it decided to become available again.

I found an eldar craft world, but it was off the edge of the map.  I could go to it, but could no longer select my fleet once it arrived -- nor could I do anything once I was there.

Raised faction with the Inquisition enough to buy some Exterminatus, but never received them and could not equip them. Bought some plasma bombs, but nothing happens when I take them to tomb worlds.

Once population reaches 0, you can no longer cleanse worlds.  They become an unending source of heretics or whatever happens to be infesting it.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 05, 2014, 09:09:58 pm »

About tombs-invasions are bugged unless you get the =][= mission to destroy them.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 06, 2014, 01:31:55 am »

Gentlepeople.

An IRC-goer kind of shooed me in the direction of this thread.  I'm Duke, the main developer for Chapter Master.  Reading through these posts has been amusing.  I'm here to answer concerns and questions anyone might have (not very fast, most likely).  Bring it.

The main things I'd like to point out is that yes, the UI is going to be entirely rebuilt soonish (I apologize in advance for the current one) and that the 1d4chan page will be rewritten to include updates and changes.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 06, 2014, 01:51:11 am »

Would love to read anything you have to share about updates, but at least for my part there aren't any real concerns.

It's a game in development with some present limitations.  Looking forward to seeing it evolve.

Would like to peek at the numbers under the hood, if that's possible (too much to ask to externalize the data?)

Cheers

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2014, 02:37:57 am »

I think from my part I just want to lead with: Thanks for making this game a reality. It's the sort of game I wish major developers would actually consider making that has been left up to a loyal fanbase to create instead.

Since it's very obviously an alpha, there's no real rage here for any of the crash bugs I've run into, though apparently currently daemon worlds are only for bombarding. Landing your chapter on one to purge the demons with flame and bolter causes reality to break. :D

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 06, 2014, 02:43:13 am »

major developer have to pay royalties and that stuff. they are more interested in pushing their ip now.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 06, 2014, 03:13:40 am »

Would like to peek at the numbers under the hood, if that's possible (too much to ask to externalize the data?)
In the future updates will likely get larger, so I'll be sure to share details when they happen.  Until then what did you have in mind?  I've shared weapon stats before.

Thanks for making this game a reality. It's the sort of game I wish major developers would actually consider making that has been left up to a loyal fanbase to create instead.
It's been my pleasure.  Working on games is way more fun than it should be.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 288