Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798773 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #420 on: September 02, 2014, 02:03:48 am »

General company makeup has one apothecary per company. Maybe Space Marines should heal on their own if the injury is minor enough, only requiring an apothecary if they lose an arm or a leg.

Difficulty of setting? It is a theme that Space Marines are losing a constant battle, despite many victories. Maybe the game portrays that in never really being able to recover from loses to the starting amounts. This doesn't really work in a game setting, unless we take the game as one without a win condition and rather one to see how long you last.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 02, 2014, 02:19:11 am »

Yeah, I know general company make up but they give you 10 extra, so....unless they're meant to be the personal physicians for those still in the fortress. (I tend to leave my Lords of the different departments at in the home fortress.) I wonder if it's just a bug, I think the FAQ says they're supposed to heal on ships as well as at the Fortress Monasteries or Battle Barges.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:29:24 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2014, 02:54:41 am »

If you thought Tyranids are bad, just wait till Necrons show up. They kill the game - literally. Raiding is unable to clear them due to underground tunnels. When you land forces for tunnel intrusion, the game crashes. Yarp.

Anyone got anything from clearing out a space hulk? I landed my chapter on one infected by Chaoz Boyz, killed everyone. Got nothing. Seems they are only good for bombarding now. Silly considering how fluff states hulks as the prime source for artifacts.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2014, 11:13:49 am »

Difficulty of setting? It is a theme that Space Marines are losing a constant battle, despite many victories. Maybe the game portrays that in never really being able to recover from loses to the starting amounts. This doesn't really work in a game setting, unless we take the game as one without a win condition and rather one to see how long you last.

I feel that's the case really - it's the whole reason why space marines have two geneseeds - they're supposed to die.
It would be nice for the player to have slightly less vicious losses, as I've always thought of it as a battle of attrition, where Space Marines are winning major victories, but attrition is always beating them down and they only have their will to keep them going.

Also, in a lot of the cannon (and I'm no expert) but space marines are usually used to compliment the Imperial Guard. I feel as though it should be less of you going on missions alone (other than some smaller ones/defending home planets) but rather as being called upon to assist in larger IG battles.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2014, 11:19:41 am »

Some chapters prefer to work alone.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 02, 2014, 11:29:17 am »

The relationship between Space Marine chapters and the rest of the Imperium is....complicated. Space Marines are completely autonomous. Technically the Inquisition doesn't even have authority over them, but that won't stop the Inquisition from getting involved. (As there's almost nothing more dangerous to the Imperium than Rogue Space Marine Chapters.)

That said, Space Marines can do what they want, where they want, when they want. They might show up on a planet held by the Imperial Guard, and operate entirely independently of their forces. You can ASK them to deploy to your warzone, and may get totally ignored, or told no. Or they might, in the best and most noble canon example, agree to help with varying levels of cooperation.

I think the game models this quite nicely, down to letting you steal artifacts from the other factions because no one can honestly tell you WTF to do. I think it'd be kinda cool if you got requests for assistance from planets and systems under attack, because that too would be canon: isolated worlds sending out Astropathic pleas for help hoping someone, anyone, will answer.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 02, 2014, 11:39:52 am »

So...I am trying to outfit all my marines with power swords...cause...Jedi's

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2014, 11:41:38 am »

Is the code for this available anywhere?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:29 pm »

My guess would be "hell no." Could email Duke to see if he's down with collaboration.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:02:14 pm by nenjin »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2014, 12:09:59 pm »

My guess would be "hell no." Could email Duke to see if he's down with collaboration.

That seems odd to me, especially since the game has been passed around so much.  Oh well, I can respect that.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2014, 12:29:52 pm »

Considering the hell development this has been through, I think I can speak for everybody when I say that a fork explosion would be a bad thing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 02, 2014, 01:58:19 pm »

This not being open source strikes me as rather odd, but hey. A good free game is a good free game, no matter how you look at it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 02, 2014, 02:58:35 pm »

I just would love access to code to help make updates come along faster >.>

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2014, 03:24:43 pm »

Considering the hell development this has been through, I think I can speak for everybody when I say that a fork explosion would be a bad thing.

Do you mean he should wait until the game is stable enough for him to handle forkers, or just generally? Why?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2014, 04:23:02 pm »

Do you mean he should wait until the game is stable enough for him to handle forkers, or just generally? Why?
Division of fanbase over different features in various forks leads to a political shit-struggle over "who's the main developer" and that generally leads to, at best, slowed down development, and at worst, everybody quits being a developer.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 288