Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798805 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #390 on: August 30, 2014, 07:43:30 am »

I don't think STC fragments are yet working or coded to do anything

To increase geneseed, you indeed need to have your space marines to die, 1 dying = 2 geneseeds collected (assuming you have an apothecary or chaplain in your company don't remember which one exactly), so send only small troops to raid , or you'll have no losses

Income (requisition) is very slow to come, but you can from time to time go to diplomacy and Demand requisition, it's not often, but sometime they will give you some (the imperium and mechanicus guys sometime gave me)

warship are insanely expansive in requisition so don't risk your fleet in space battles unless you've got the number heavily for you.
Fighting a tyranid fleet is the best way to lose all your ship, as they overwhelm your fleet in number

Do not give any geneseed, you'll get no new troops without them (and they're already very slow to train 1 by 1)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 30, 2014, 08:02:39 am »

There is only one exception to the "don't give geneseed" rule. That's when you have Nid fleets on all sides, and you need a Crusade license double-quick or else it's game over.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 30, 2014, 04:34:38 pm »

What does the crusade license do exactly?
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 30, 2014, 04:45:41 pm »

No idea, when i trade one with the imperium guy i'm presented to the same map with a green circle similarly to when i ask for military assistance.
And same as military assitance, i tried :
- If i click on an area near a system (by example a darkened one that tyranids annihilated and host a giant tyranid fleet), nothing happen
- If i click on an enemy fleet (by example an Ork big one), nothing else happen
- If i click on an allied fleet nothing happens too.

edit : oh i think i finally found how it works, i need to select -my fleet- with the green circle , and then a bunch of imperial fleets will come to my location.
Hmm, that's not good, as it means it's then impossible to attack tyranids fleets because sending a fleet there to serve as a beacon can't work (as you only get to fight and be annihilated or retreat while losing some ships) and trying to select your fleet while it's in transit to the target can't work too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:56:58 pm by Robsoie »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 30, 2014, 05:00:22 pm »

The Crusader license also works by causing any Imperial fleets in the green circle to attack hostile fleets in the Green circle, so it's very limited when the 'Nids come a calling.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2014, 05:16:38 pm »

Odd, i tried a crusade on an Ork fleet and after clicking on it, no imperial fleet attacked

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »

Think you must target a system, but I haven't called one in a while.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2014, 03:07:15 pm »

had three planet with extreme corruption, kept spawning annoying heretical fleet.

after some full chapter raiding, now all heretic are cleansed, but corruption remain high, and had to left a company on each planet to crush the forces that keep spawning

a system nearby is also feeling the taint of chaos. I am running purges on it, and corruption falls to 0% to return next turn.

cannot call an exterminatus on chaos planet yet, so I don't know what else to do with them other than perennial blockade and annoying attack popup at each turn :P

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2014, 03:44:58 pm »

had three planet with extreme corruption, kept spawning annoying heretical fleet.

after some full chapter raiding, now all heretic are cleansed, but corruption remain high, and had to left a company on each planet to crush the forces that keep spawning

a system nearby is also feeling the taint of chaos. I am running purges on it, and corruption falls to 0% to return next turn.

cannot call an exterminatus on chaos planet yet, so I don't know what else to do with them other than perennial blockade and annoying attack popup at each turn :P

Bombarding the planet till the population hits zero stops them from spawning in. Least in my experience it does. I've had to cleanse like a dozen worlds of all life.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2014, 03:54:32 pm »

ok I'll try that

last time I tried it resulted in worlds with 'extreme' corruptions and zero pop so I reverted without checking if the menace was stopped.

will do again on all them.... one has 111b pop, will take a while  ::)

edit:
actually I discovered it is because the first world is a daemon world
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:00:11 pm by LoSboccacc »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2014, 07:51:54 pm »

I think a Demand for Military assistance worked for me. You have to center the green circle on whatever system you want them to go to. Unfortunately I think only friendly fleets in other systems within the green circle will go to the target. After the shadow in the Warp I asked the Imperium faction to send fleets to a world that contact had been lost with, and they only sent the tiny Naval garrison of a nearby world at it. The Imperium fleet was only represented by two dots on the map so it must have been small. They appeared to persist for several turns at the target system, which led me to send the entire chapter's fleet and ground forces at the tyranids. Once my fleet got close, the Imperium ships disappeared. Once my fleet gets there, there are still about 8 tyranid battleships and smaller ships in the system.

It seems Shitty Luck means at the start the Orks will be pretty well established, many worlds start at 10% corruption and will go back up some percent after a purge so it requires more purges before it settles back to 0%. In one of those starts I saw some Tau fleets in one corner. I think I saw some Tyrannid worlds in one Shitty Luck start too, well before the Shadow in the Warp. I haven't found the Eldar yet.

I purged a little corruption volcano world with the least costly option and it killed all the 350ish population. This caused corruption to go up for some reason, though subsequent purges lowered it.

The Mechanicus will let you take the artifacts on their worlds for around 350 requisition.

Initiates train one at a time and it takes a really long time for each to train. It makes a sieged start chapter a lot weaker.

I don't know how to equip faction items you trade for like the infernus pistol.

I equipped artifacts that had the taint of chaos or even daemonic possesion with no apparent problems on the Chapter master and the other heads of the special troops, as well as Company commanders.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:54:09 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 31, 2014, 11:36:34 pm »

Glory to the Emprah!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 01, 2014, 12:33:18 am »

I tried this.  I cannot get over the clicking all the units individually to load/unload em.  Is there are a way to make it less clicky?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2014, 12:54:33 am »

1.click 1 unit
2.click unit count
3.your welcome

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 01, 2014, 12:57:17 am »

So in a battle report it says I lost 1 scout...but I didn't...I do however have one scout that is labeled as "CRITICAL" Will he heal over time or do I need like...bionics (IE replacement parts...can be built) to heal him?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 288