Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800217 times)

TrashMan

• Bay Watcher
  • PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #3000 on: March 18, 2016, 03:49:10 am »

hey guys, bit of a status update - nothing to report, unfortunately. My art/helper guy dropped out of the project due to legality concerns (which is fair enough IMO) since last post so it's kinda stalled a little. We spent a while considering the best way to go about it and release the game - as a generic standalone with a mysterious mod, as a specific game, etc. Eventually the conversation came round to legality and it just sort of fell apart.

So the marine editor is my current latest version still, and will probably continue to be for a short while until I find someone(s) else to work with on the project and/or my other workload decreases. Currently struggling to find time to work on it between my other gamedev commitments and other programming contracts.

I still intend to work on this and have some pretty nifty ideas for getting it going, it's just slow going and I figured you guys deserved an update. I tried hanging out in the IRC for a while to hopefully chat to some players and get motivated that way, but the channels were basically dead. If anyone's interested in being a sounding board/tester/helper feel free to PM me. I am a bit of a 40k casual so it'd help to have someone to chat to about the game that knows more lore than I do.

-Flow/Streamline

The 40K community is big.
There's bound to be tons of people willing to help, you just need to get the call out there
My custom chapter: (prepare to cringe)
http://wh40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Knights

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: March 18, 2016, 07:43:24 am »

....you just need to get the call out there
Who you gonna call??
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: March 18, 2016, 10:46:27 am »

Did GW send eversor after Journier?  :(

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: March 18, 2016, 06:02:54 pm »

Marine editor re-upload here: http://www.filedropper.com/chaptermaster

Should get some time to put into it this week, but we'll see.
How big is this file? Really weird download, this site has.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: March 19, 2016, 12:34:17 am »

Who you gonna call??
Demonhunters!
I ain't afraid of no xenos.
What.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: March 19, 2016, 05:07:51 am »

Of no demon?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: March 19, 2016, 11:19:05 am »

Marine editor re-upload here: http://www.filedropper.com/chaptermaster

Should get some time to put into it this week, but we'll see.
How big is this file? Really weird download, this site has.

Should be ~41MB. Some music and image files bump its size up a bit.

Good news everyone! I have secured sufficient paid contracts to support my life and still have some free time each week, so there is maybe hope for the C++ rewrite. If I do go ahead and finish this properly, I'll set up a blog or something to keep it centralised for updates and download links, rather than having it all messy all over 4chan and here and 1d4chan and so forth.

Also will probably be shortly calling out for any volunteers to help me finalise mechanics/draw sprites/write fluff/generally be knowledgeable about ChapterMaster and 40k. Maybe set up a Slack group or something. We'll see.

Watch this space!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:31:10 am by Flow »

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: March 20, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »

A double post, I'm so rude.

Just a quick note to say I have put up a blog to centralise my progress at http://streamlinedev.blogspot.co.uk/ - this has all of the current information about my engine rewrite and will be updated as and when I make new strides forward. Feel free to read/comment or ignore as you prefer.

If anyone fancies themselves an artist in any way and fancy making some stuff for me, please do get in touch! Can PM me on here or there's an e-mail address on the first blog post you can use. Otherwise I'm going to be basically using platform-standard controls for sliders, buttons, etc until such a time as I find good resources to use instead, so it might look a bit naff.

Streamline/Flow
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:41:44 pm by Flow »

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: March 20, 2016, 11:20:42 pm »

Flow, don't forget to create at least one thread on both 8/tg/ and 4/tg/ to spread awareness of your work, m8.

I hope we get to see a stable version and then more content, because this game have so much potential.

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: March 21, 2016, 01:07:37 pm »

Good luck, man.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: March 22, 2016, 12:14:57 am »

Awesome. Suffice to say I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: March 23, 2016, 02:54:14 pm »

Best of luck!

I really, really would plead with you to keep people updated though. If you're shelving the project or taking a break or whatever - let people know!! Even if it's just a one liner every month to say that you're still working on stuff or whatever, it stops the horrible 'is this still going' feeling that can happen with this kinda thing
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: March 27, 2016, 01:09:49 am »

Well, I just spent 3 full hours micromanaging the survival of my crumbling Chapter. This Game is awesome, I only have one question. Why do Planets produce so few Resources? I can understand that for a Death World or an Agri World, but shouldn't a Forge World produce more than only a handful a month?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: March 27, 2016, 02:14:52 am »

Quite probably it is because Duke did not finish planet rework.

Flow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: March 27, 2016, 06:02:37 pm »

Added a new blog post! I won't update here every time or anything, but just so people know that it isn't abandoned. I'll aim to update every Sunday as I tend to have time to work on these things over the weekend. Not a huge maount of visible, tangible progress this week - mostly backend architecture for shortcut capturing, menu spawning and so on.

Next week I'll hopefully have a new release to show. Won't be terribly exciting, but it's proof of progress and I know that's been lacking for Chapter Master for a long time.

As ever I'm looking for people to basically be on-call or be willing to talk to me in-depth at some point soon about current Chapter Master mechanics and lore and all that. Feel free to PM me here, on the blog or e-mail cmggamedev@gmail.com and we can figure something out. Same goes for artists/fluff writers.

-Streamline/Flow
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 288