Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800220 times)

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2190 on: August 22, 2015, 12:29:28 pm »

Question: what do bionics do? I know I can add them to wounded guys to increase their health, but what effect does it have on guys with no wounds? Increase damage resistance?

On another note, how well do eldar rangers compare to other allied troops?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:40:20 pm by knife23 »

SkeletusAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise the Huemanatee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 22, 2015, 01:46:12 pm »

Im guessing there's no way to get this working on a Mac, right?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 22, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »

You could try Winebottler or the various other Windows program emulation types for Mac.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 22, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »

Ok, so, how often is it that Orks come into a sector that doesn't have them to begin with? Because I've gone on for a while and I haven't seen orks forever.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 22, 2015, 06:07:49 pm »

I cannot say about Mac specifically, but it works without issues (others than "normal" crashes and bugs) with WINE on Linux.
So it should work equally well on Mac since it doesn't use any advanced GFX features.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 22, 2015, 10:37:04 pm »

Ok, things are getting kind of worse. I try to load up my last save, but then the game immediately crashes.

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_saveload:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,601] out of range [1,601] - -1.recent_type(100243,601)
at gml_Script_scr_load
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_load (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_saveload_Alarm_0

I'm not sure if i can play this game anymore. Not even my save files are safe from error and corruption.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:39:02 pm by knife23 »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:05 pm »

I played this for the first time today. I had no idea what I was doing. I died twice.

10/10 would play again.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 23, 2015, 12:55:44 am »

Took a break from the game and decided to go back for more. This time, noted:

Multiple Inquisitors will inspect homeworld for some reason (usually after loading up a game)
I can complete inquisition missions, but they won't improve my relations with them.

Also, does anyone know how I can get the other armor variants? Mk 8, 3, 4, and Tartaros? And how can I gain mastercraft weaponry?

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 23, 2015, 02:02:59 am »

Multiple Inquisitors will inspect homeworld for some reason (usually after loading up a game)
I can complete inquisition missions, but they won't improve my relations with them.

Also, does anyone know how I can get the other armor variants? Mk 8, 3, 4, and Tartaros? And how can I gain mastercraft weaponry?

Choose the Crafters trait to get Tartaros for your termies, and either a random amount of Mk 3 or 4 armor. I don't think there is a way to get any more mk 8 then what you receive at the start of a game. Mastercrafted Weaponry is what you can give your Chapter Master in the Chapter setup menu.

Nonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: August 23, 2015, 02:45:20 am »

Choose the Crafters trait to get Tartaros for your termies, and either a random amount of Mk 3 or 4 armor. I don't think there is a way to get any more mk 8 then what you receive at the start of a game. Mastercrafted Weaponry is what you can give your Chapter Master in the Chapter setup menu.

You can also find some in Ancient Ruins from time to time, thought it's a real gamble.

Ok, so, how often is it that Orks come into a sector that doesn't have them to begin with? Because I've gone on for a while and I haven't seen orks forever.
The starting compositions of Xenos is random with every game. I started a new game about ten times, and only one of them had the Eldar, two of them had Tau and the only Chaos world I encountered was then immediately bombed to oblivion.

Orks and Tyranids are pretty common, and they can be present on planets without actually overrunning them, but usually it's either one or the other that is more prominent. They usually only prove a real problem when off-sector invasion fleets come along (and if there is a Black Crusade coming your way... my condolences.) As for the Necrons... just hope you never actually have to fight them properly.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:50:45 am by Nonymous »

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 23, 2015, 07:06:14 am »

Eldar will pop up. I was a thousand-odd turns in before the Craftworld showed up, and then when that game started erroring constantly, went back to a save before they had ever arrived, and they still appeared again. Tau will sometimes "Suddenly appeared!" on a planet, and Orks will, too.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 23, 2015, 10:44:20 am »

Yeah, Eldar pop up, and I only really seem to be able to trade for Rangers. Everything else just doesn't happen for some reason. I could really do with some "useful information".

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 23, 2015, 11:58:53 am »

Never gotten friendly enough for Rangers.

Useful Information is a double-edged sword. What it is is predicting random events that are about to roll. Sisters placing a company, Nids arriving, etc. They'll also tell you, sometimes, if you've got a corrupted Marine. (Which you then get the pleasure of scrolling through all the names to find and place in jail. :P ) But sometimes they'll predict something, it'll happen, and then if you reload to before you got the info, and don't ask, that event doesn't happen.

Also useful info does -.10 to your "Xenos Trade" Loyalty counter each time, so be careful with it.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 23, 2015, 12:22:38 pm »

Never gotten friendly enough for Rangers.

Useful Information is a double-edged sword. What it is is predicting random events that are about to roll. Sisters placing a company, Nids arriving, etc. They'll also tell you, sometimes, if you've got a corrupted Marine. (Which you then get the pleasure of scrolling through all the names to find and place in jail. :P ) But sometimes they'll predict something, it'll happen, and then if you reload to before you got the info, and don't ask, that event doesn't happen.

Also useful info does -.10 to your "Xenos Trade" Loyalty counter each time, so be careful with it.

Whenever I do useful info trade, I click offer, but then I'm greeted with a blank description page which otherwise would have the Eldar person saying something, and I don't seem to get notification of anything happening after exiting.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 23, 2015, 02:35:24 pm »

Sometimes it will "roll" that for me, but if you're consistently getting it, then that's a bug.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 288