Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800344 times)

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2085 on: August 16, 2015, 02:10:08 am »

No, actually, it's just some backwater that I was randomly purging.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 16, 2015, 02:11:05 am »

Are there reasons for why adding bionics to a person doesn't take?

I recall situations where I try to add bionics to someone, but it never showed.

If the marine already has 9 bionics, you cannot add any more to him. 9 is the max per marine.

Any marine I choose, the ones with 0 bionics, don't seem to take it up.

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 16, 2015, 02:14:46 am »

No, actually, it's just some backwater that I was randomly purging.

Raid the planets with your ground forces, get the CSM's off the planets before getting rid of the corruption by fire, selective purging or purging via bombardment. Worst case scenario use exterminatus.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 16, 2015, 02:52:57 am »

How does one gain a cyclonic torpedo?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 16, 2015, 08:36:53 am »

How does one gain a cyclonic torpedo?

Buy from the Inquisition.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 16, 2015, 09:57:20 am »

Is it the Exterminatus option? Because I get that, and apparently it's the one where I have to equip a marine with it.

I can't seem to get the one that's used by ships, as seen in the ships tab in the armamentorium.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2091 on: August 16, 2015, 10:43:18 am »

That might be just Inquisition (as in, on their ships) thing or maybe WIP feature.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: August 16, 2015, 01:02:35 pm »

Another question: When you come across a dead world, you can build stuff on there. The gene seed vault is particularly useful, but I can't quite find any useful function for the lair. Any ideas what benefits it provides?

Nonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: August 16, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »

So, I've been playing the game on and off for the past few months, starting a new custom chapter every time a new major update comes out. It's fun but there are a few things I never really understood.

-How can dreadnoughts be healed once they go critical? Sometimes they just drop down to 1% (even if the battle log never says they get hit) and just stay there no matter how many Techpriest I put in the company/ship, and they can't be pulled out of critical with bionics like marines.

-Similarly sometimes my marines get damaged for no good reason. The milder version is when I engage a bunch of orks, my predators and devastators wipe them out on the first turn, then I go back into the Chapter Management screen and everyone is suddenly on 60% health. No biggie though, the apothecaries will slap them into fighting condition in a few turns.
The real annoying thing is when entire companies get onto 1% for no discernible reason. My particular "favorite" such occasion was a raid on a Tiny tyranid infestation (Meaning my 200+ assault marines faced off against about ten genestealers and a couple of cultists), wiped them off the battlefield on the first round, and then not only the assault marines, but everyone else in their companies got reduced to critical health, including the command staff and tac-marines that didn't even participate in the battle. How does that even work?

-I cannot transfer Librarians from HQ to individual companies. I like to divide my forces into at least three or four fleets (depending on how many companies are available) and rely on mechanized units to soak up most of the damage, but this also means I have to divide my HQ staff between them if I want them to operate efficiently and be able to collect artifacts/STCs. This works for apothecaries and chaplains, but for some reason librarians can only be transferred in twos. If I only try to transfer one the menu either doesn't open or it only allows me to transfer them back into HQ. The only workaround I found for this involved transferring two to a company and then transfer one back to HQ, rinse and repeat, but it is a pain in the arse.

-Speaking of armored units, is it a design choice that, when Carnies reach my predator columns they disappear from the field but keep damaging them every turn and can only be killed once literally all other tyranids on the field are dead? Because I can kinda-sorta see the logic behind it (carnies get into melee range, the other units cannot hit them without risking friendly fire, carnies go om-nom-nom with extreme prejudice), but I am usually running a flamer-themed army and it is silly that they couldn't deal with them just because they got into close-combat range.

That's all for now. Otherwise it's a great (though reasonably unfair) game and I can't wait to see how it will turn out even just a few months down the line.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 04:30:53 am by Nonymous »

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: August 16, 2015, 06:36:36 pm »

Will there be more music options in the finished game? I don't mind the theme from 40k Space Marine, but I'd also like to hear some of the dawn of War music as well.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: August 16, 2015, 06:56:48 pm »

Copyright?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2096 on: August 16, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »

Chaos Gate soundtrack for ultrasmurfs pls.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: August 16, 2015, 11:11:58 pm »

how does one recover STC fragments?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 17, 2015, 12:28:11 am »

By using the "search this topic" feature.

For goodness sake, people. 140 pages. 140. Your questions have likely been answered already, and it takes 5 seconds to check.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:36:10 am by snowdrifts »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 17, 2015, 12:48:35 am »

how does one recover STC fragments?
Unload Tech Marine
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 288