Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800249 times)

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1980 on: August 08, 2015, 07:24:30 am »

I also get a crash attempting to destroy an artifact....I was trying to get rid of a chaos artifact before the inquisition was a contact for me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: August 08, 2015, 07:30:27 am »

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you're not going Chaos, it always seems more beneficial to donate corrupted artifacts to pretty much anyone for the rep, than to destroy them. There seems to be no danger from donating corrupted artifacts to any of the factions, and no benefit to your chapter for destroying them. (Other than getting it out of your stockpile. Plus, there's always a chance of fun when destroying them.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1982 on: August 08, 2015, 07:37:24 am »

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you're not going Chaos, it always seems more beneficial to donate corrupted artifacts to pretty much anyone for the rep, than to destroy them. There seems to be no danger from donating corrupted artifacts to any of the factions, and no benefit to your chapter for destroying them. (Other than getting it out of your stockpile. Plus, there's always a chance of fun when destroying them.)
Don't giving it to the Imperial Commander guy cause shittons of heretics to appear and giving it to Sororitas cause them to lose rep with you? And I'm not sure if giving it to Mechanicus does anything at all... Give them to Inquisiton for easy rep tho.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: August 08, 2015, 07:52:38 am »

Don't giving it to the Imperial Commander guy cause shittons of heretics to appear and giving it to Sororitas cause them to lose rep with you? And I'm not sure if giving it to Mechanicus does anything at all... Give them to Inquisiton for easy rep tho.

This is correct, giving it to the Sector General tends to cause Heresy to outbreak, and the Adeptas Sororitas tend to freak at you having anything related to Chaos at all despite the fact you are giving it to them to purify it.

Mechanicus don't care, but there are some artifacts that will cause problems if you give it to them, but I'm relatively unsure what.

Inquisition is the safest thing to give Chaos/Daemonic artifacts too, as they actually seem to give you boost of reputation for it.

I assume there will be more interactions overtime as things are added when it comes to artifacts.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:54:16 am by ZebioLizard2 »

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: August 08, 2015, 10:45:23 am »

This is correct, giving it to the Sector General tends to cause Heresy to outbreak, and the Adeptas Sororitas tend to freak at you having anything related to Chaos at all despite the fact you are giving it to them to purify it.

Mechanicus don't care, but there are some artifacts that will cause problems if you give it to them, but I'm relatively unsure what.

Inquisition is the safest thing to give Chaos/Daemonic artifacts too, as they actually seem to give you boost of reputation for it.

I assume there will be more interactions overtime as things are added when it comes to artifacts.

Xenos junk might hurt rep with the Mechanicus?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1985 on: August 08, 2015, 10:51:33 am »

Xenos junk might hurt rep with the Mechanicus?
Honestly, it should be more like a chance to hurt the rep. Mechanicus may either get hard-ons over xenos machines or get really grumpy over heretech.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: August 08, 2015, 11:17:29 am »

I assume that later on as Duke updates Chapter Master we will see more detailed interactions such as that over the static portrayals of the current groups of diplomacy such as that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: August 08, 2015, 11:31:12 am »

Seems like whatever group should like you for giving them stuff.  Even if they're just going to destroy it as heresy, you're basically helping them with that.
What'd make more sense is if the Inquisition got upset over you giving it to anyone else.  Though only a little if it was to the Sororitas, since they're ecclesiarchy too.  Much more annoyed if you give it to the Mechanicus, because they're practically independent and might secretly use it.  And if you give it to anyone else - HERESY.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: August 08, 2015, 11:33:13 am »

I wonder how long it'd take someone to get enough geneseed and req to create enough marines and fleets to occupy the system and secure it against all threats, wherever they may be.

I may try that actually.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1989 on: August 08, 2015, 11:41:17 am »

I wonder how long it'd take someone to get enough geneseed and req to create enough marines and fleets to occupy the system and secure it against all threats, wherever they may be.

I may try that actually.
5 minutes with cheat engine.
The main problem is waiting long enough to get enough marines and enough ships.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: August 08, 2015, 12:10:01 pm »

Also sometimes the ships start vanishing when you get into huge numbers.

Even without cheat engine, once the sector's pacified, a normal-strength Chapter is plenty to hold it. If you can get a strike cruiser per company, you can spread out very well and be in position to react to any new threat, or calls for crusade.

Although, I've never had a Chaos crusade pop up while deployed like that...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:12:00 pm by snowdrifts »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: August 09, 2015, 02:59:01 am »

Notable Things What Crash To Desktop

1) Fighting the Arch-heretic ambush in ancient ruins
2) Donating things to the mechanicus
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:04 am »

Found a Sororitas Cathedral on a lava world, along with a Moderate-sized group of Orks. When I first spotted it, the population was about 300-400. By the time I could get 2 companies over there(several months), It had been dropped to ~200, and I like to think that entire number were the Sisters of Battle still holding out on the planet. When the 4th and 5th companies dropped, and cleared out the Orks, I noticed the planet had a Disposition of 7%. Maybe the Sisters were upset that the Space Marines stole their kills?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:38 pm »

Major Changes:
None

Minor Changes:
An oversight caused the new 'scr_recent' script to crash the game.  This script functions by saving down a few keywords that may be later referenced for marines to discuss a topic at feasts.  With this fix the vast majority of the new crashes should no longer occur.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: August 10, 2015, 09:08:10 pm »

Is there a way to keep librarians in training without getting an ever-increasing pile of lexicanums? I'd just like some of these guys to become full librarians.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 288