Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798092 times)

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1890 on: August 01, 2015, 10:35:22 pm »

Another kind of vehicle/weapon I would like to see is the Thunderfire Cannon, perhaps as a weapon that can be given to techmarines in the chapter overview.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:45:21 am by Bacon_commando »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 01, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »

Er... Did I, miss, something?

NPC chapters is gonna be gurtest. Actually by the way, is it possible to get Tartaros armor from anywhere but starting with it or (I'm assuming) artifacts?

Just someone who believed that the best way of getting someone to do something is to be loud, angry, and abrasive.

I think I've seen it from forgeworlds once in a while, it's very rare.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 01, 2015, 11:32:08 pm »

Major Changes:
None

Minor Changes:
Fixed fleets being able to be split up into smaller fleets.
Fixed single-ship fleets being able to set destinations.
Fixed non-player fleets being able to move.
God dammit.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:34:11 pm by DukeFluffy »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1893 on: August 02, 2015, 12:55:57 am »

This game is certainly Imperial Technology. The second you add or fix something, fifty totally unrelated things break down and few of them start screaming and grow tentacles.

EDIT:
Chainflails.
We need chainflails. Also chainwhips. Chainkatanas.
Everything is better when it's a chainweapon.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:09:52 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 02, 2015, 05:08:51 am »

I think the crusades are too bloody... Sending my whole chapter to one, I lost 860 marines out of 1000 or so. The results are consistently the same, almost everybody dies. It would be nice if we actually got some battles on the crusades and saw what happened and the amount and equipment of our marines would count. That and get some estimation about the crusade and its target and danger level, so we'd know whether to send everyone or a token force that will die anyway.

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: August 02, 2015, 05:12:43 am »

Never send your whole chapter on a crusade, it evens says this on the 1d4chan page. I would suggest only the scout company. You will lose like 30 scouts or so, and the rest will come back with a ton of exp.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: August 02, 2015, 05:14:32 am »

Quote from: Kot

Sex toy?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1897 on: August 02, 2015, 05:16:54 am »

Sweet God Emperor do people even read manuals or faq or 1d4chan article.
You never, ever, EVER, send your whole chapter on anything, especially off the map. The chance for them all to die is just too damn high. And if you ever find anything that might require your whole chapter fighting at once, you're fucked anyway. Hell, if you like overkill and can't be bothered to micromanage, then kill them orks but even then don't use your whole chapter.

Also, the crusades are completly fine, it's your own fault for sending your whole chapter for incompetent commanders to use as spearhead, send smaller squads and they will actually be used as marines should be, doing tacticool tasks and having higher chance to live.

Quote from: Kot

Sex toy?
Slannesh approves.
EDIT: Also, not that I am an expert or something, but things like that exist in real life, even if teeth are made out of rubber.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:21:10 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: August 02, 2015, 05:26:39 am »

1. Attach multiple giant chainweapons to armored vehicles/titans.
2. Point them in general direction of enemy.
3. ?
4. Profit.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:29:07 am by Bacon_commando »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1899 on: August 02, 2015, 05:38:51 am »

3. ?
4. Profit.
This is basically what Angry Marines are doing, complete with chainsword launchers and chainmarinemarine wielding chainweapons launchers and chainraiders with chainmarines wielding chainweapons. Hell, they have a titan-sized chainfist that has chainswords for teeth that have chainswords for teeth that have chainswords for teeth.

You can never have enough DAKKA DAKKA, and you can never have enough VROOM VROOM.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: August 02, 2015, 05:44:06 am »

You missed my point. I'm not talking about how it is in the game; rather I'm talking about how it should be. Reading some random wikis should not be a requirement for playing the game.

The crusades should have some indicator of the expected lethality and give you feedback on what happens and why afterwards. So, you know, if your guys get slaughtered because of some idiot throwing them into a grinder, you'd actually learn about it. You could even use it to change relationships between factions dynamically. Maybe give you even dialogue-like choices on dropping the crusade. That would be a pretty atmospheric way to go renegade, just going "fuck you all" to Imperial high command when they try to get your chapter slaughtered by sending you to assault a hive fleet alone or something.

Right now crusades are just a way to get geneseed, pretty much, while they could and should be more.

Bacon_commando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: August 02, 2015, 05:53:17 am »

Right now crusades are just a way to get geneseed, pretty much, while they could and should be more.

And an easy way to level up scouts to make them fully-fledged marines.
Some kind of "Lethality meter" for crusades might not fit the Warhammer 40k. You could be fighting cultists one minute, and an entire chaos warfleet might apear out of nowhere, or even worse. Crusades should stay unpredictable.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1902 on: August 02, 2015, 05:59:17 am »

You missed my point. I'm not talking about how it is in the game; rather I'm talking about how it should be. Reading some random wikis should not be a requirement for playing the game.

The crusades should have some indicator of the expected lethality and give you feedback on what happens and why afterwards. So, you know, if your guys get slaughtered because of some idiot throwing them into a grinder, you'd actually learn about it. You could even use it to change relationships between factions dynamically. Maybe give you even dialogue-like choices on dropping the crusade. That would be a pretty atmospheric way to go renegade, just going "fuck you all" to Imperial high command when they try to get your chapter slaughtered by sending you to assault a hive fleet alone or something.

Which they totally are going to be, hopefully, with even chance to visit whole Galaxy and do stuff.
I mean the game is made by one guy and it barely came out almost an year ago, it went a very long way actually.

EDIT:
Also, Chapter Master *toot toot*first first relase birthday *toot toot* is coming up in exactly seven (actually six for me, but timezones) days. I propose we hold an internet feast complete with sword duels and marksmanship tournaments on IRC or something.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:04:08 am by Kot »

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: August 02, 2015, 06:50:28 am »

3. ?
4. Profit.
Ah, the mighty and noble chaintitan and chaintank.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: August 02, 2015, 07:33:04 am »

And an easy way to level up scouts to make them fully-fledged marines.
Some kind of "Lethality meter" for crusades might not fit the Warhammer 40k. You could be fighting cultists one minute, and an entire chaos warfleet might apear out of nowhere, or even worse. Crusades should stay unpredictable.

Though a few things mentioning it would be fine, like what you are expected to fight like Orks. Of course that doesn't mean that you will fight only Orks, likely because you discover that the local Dark Eldar have been prodding the Orks to fight the Imperials so that they can steal slaves in mass, but then get discovered by a Slaaneshi Warband who would love to offer up some Souls to Slaanesh..

You know, the state of life in 40k.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 288