Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798090 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1785 on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:56 pm »

I think there should be lines connected with the chapter qualities. So a chapter with problems with Warp could have marines talking about the latest weird thing like the oven in the mess being possessed by Nurgle. Marines who hate X would have murder fantasies about killing all the X in the world. Kleptomanics like Blood Ravens would compare bling bling they've acquired. Perhaps add in lines for mutations, so marines excreting acid would complain about their bed melted again and so forth.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: July 20, 2015, 11:49:52 pm »

-Recent artifact and STC acquisition. They should especially note any artifacts that appear sacred or unholy.
-Recent deaths of Company Captains and Command Squad members.
-Recent destruction of ships.
-Recent promotions to 1st Company, Captaincy, Command Squad roles.
-Recent investments in planetary defenses.
-Smack talk about the last hostile NPC that you talked to.
-The state of the Chapter's loyalty value.
-Past crusades.
-Upcoming crusades?
-The Inquisition/Mechanicus, based on your rep with them.
-The current recruitment rate vs. the total chapter strength.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: July 21, 2015, 08:20:39 am »

I think that feasts would be a really good time to have the Chapter Master actually make some decisions that would affect things later down the line. Perhaps they could issue some edicts or laws that could have some effects on the future of the chapter.

Really, as much as I love fluff, I feel that this needs to have some sort of concrete purpose. It could be as simple as a list of options that occur at certain junctions in the feast. These could be things like 'Deliver rousing speech on the scourge of chaos' (adds buff in next battle against chaos). Or, you could have it that the Chapter Master sets the itinerary of the feast which can then lead to buffs/nerfs/events depending on what is mentioned.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 21, 2015, 11:41:50 am »

Perhaps decisions regarding your recruiting/home world?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: July 21, 2015, 11:49:38 am »

You mean using the feast/fluff to change how you recruit newbies and changing the gov't of your homeworld?  Sounds decent.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: July 21, 2015, 11:56:06 am »

Changing recruiting type doesn't seem like something you'd want to wait on a feast to do. But I'm not opposed to other keynote decisions being made during that time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: July 21, 2015, 12:57:17 pm »

Instead of decisions being made at feasts/fluff, maybe instead it would be other ranking members instead suggesting to the Chapter Master and he can make decisions instead at their behest.

Like for example the Master of the Forge may discuss decisions based on technology, Chief Librarian may discuss decisions related to Warp based strangeness, etc.

Or they may prattle on about needing more recruits, and of course if you get more corrupted one's they may start to tempt you subtly.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: July 21, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »

Or they may prattle on about needing more recruits, and of course if you get more corrupted one's they may start to tempt you subtly.
Maybe add a little Erebus and Kor Phaeron types,astartes have a knack for getting corrupted by figures from their past, maybe your chapter master is close to the ruler of the recruiting world or some one from before his past life(before he was a space marine) perhaps as a scripted random event say "A figure approaches after the speech you just gave.Revealing himself to be [some important figure or important to the chapter master][insert title here][insert name here] he says he had much to talk to you about." and here we get to the rolls before hand if the sector has high traitor presence then there's a 50/50 chance he might be a heretic trying to turn you or that heretics are spreading over your[insert homeworld or other place of importance] ofcourse you can always just choose to ignore him or something or kill him when he starts talking about heretics. so the choices here would be "Kill him for talking about heretics,Choose to listen,listen then shoo him out,listen then kill him,tell him to keep going. That last ones a bit tricky cause here he would inter try to convince you of the power of the dark gods and put you on to the "Renegade" storyline or he'll give you some info on where to purge next.

Now on to something new "Knight" worlds,as we all should know some feudal worlds have a 25% chance of having a knight house on them.Knights are for the uninitiated,small titans(still very large mind you) are were created from an stc from before the dark age,Knights are so stupidly easy to make than they can be mass produced whoever only certain forge worlds blessed from Mars can build them(like everything else) well they can go toe to toe with carnifexes and even some of the smaller gargants,what these would do is.... add more of a meat shield so your marines don't have to be everywhere like it wants us to be. they'll respond to requests for help and generally travel with ark mechanicus or imperial battle groups.

also i'm not sure if it got to you guys but we're discussing the possibilities of an hexagon type planetmap(NOT A BATTLE MAP) that would should show where places like hive cities or manufactorum where at.and we even got a artist to do some "Light" work and a we even got battle sprites but then fucked off into the warp.
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 21, 2015, 08:52:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some Imperial Knights in action and sizes on the tabletop (Not to full scale), they have some incredible lore, they kneel to Mars and the Imperium and come in mostly Knight Houses, though you get some freeclans and some Free Knights.

Though of course it's mostly just us dealing with stuff for now, I assume later on IG, SoB, and other various factions alongside Imperial Knights will come into play at defending things too.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:55:47 pm by ZebioLizard2 »

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: July 21, 2015, 09:41:05 pm »

Maybe add a little Erebus and Kor Phaeron types,astartes have a knack for getting corrupted by figures from their past, maybe your chapter master is close to the ruler of the recruiting world or some one from before his past life(before he was a space marine)

I don't agree with this idea. I think using the advisers would be good enough and the same could be achieved.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 21, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »

You mean using the feast/fluff to change how you recruit newbies and changing the gov't of your homeworld?  Sounds decent.
Instead of decisions being made at feasts/fluff, maybe instead it would be other ranking members instead suggesting to the Chapter Master and he can make decisions instead at their behest.

Like for example the Master of the Forge may discuss decisions based on technology, Chief Librarian may discuss decisions related to Warp based strangeness, etc.

That may happen in the future, but this patch is late enough as is.  I'd also prefer to have policy/government decisions made under Chapter Settings.  I think.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: July 21, 2015, 10:44:29 pm »

That may happen in the future, but this patch is late enough as is.  I'd also prefer to have policy/government decisions made under Chapter Settings.  I think.
I swear to god Duke you better release it you... Toady light
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: July 21, 2015, 11:20:04 pm »

I was mostly thinking they would just discuss what they feel for your policies, as well as maybe open up new ones.

Either way I'm looking forward to the update, seeing Chapter Master update is always a treat.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 22, 2015, 01:09:56 pm »

-Upcoming crusades?

Getting a heads-up that a crusade is likely to be called this way would be great.

Also a general "Brother X leads the revelers in praise of Him on earth." Not very inspired, but it probably happens at Astartes feasts.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 22, 2015, 04:34:05 pm »

Here's an idea: When you're not assigning mahreens to do something you have some general directive for them to follow. I.E. training or for the more angsty chapters the options for marines to patrol, go off on their own, etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 288