Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798536 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1455 on: May 05, 2015, 11:15:29 am »

You keep saying Stormtroopers. Wat? Is that what you called your chapter? Because there are actual Stormtroopers in 40k, which is why I'm confused.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 05, 2015, 12:25:34 pm »

Oh, shoot. I made a mistake. For some reason I used the circumference of Earth where it should be the radius. There's 4 guardsmen per square metre.
They probably can't look down at the tyranids going on about their business.

There's no problem that can't be solved by more guardsmen...

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

And they say that the Tyranids will swarm and devour everything. The true threat is the mighty stomach of the Imperial Guard.

Though that is an interesting thought. How does a planet sustain so many infantry when they get deployed there? Do they bring food supplies with them or subsist off local produce?

Off planet by Agri-worlds mostly, entire planets dedicated to food creation.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 05, 2015, 01:52:08 pm »

I just try to imgine an armory of 40 imes more than every human who has ever lived and pale.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 05, 2015, 03:18:38 pm »

I just try to imgine an armory of 40 imes more than every human who has ever lived and pale.

Why? That's just a single outpost in the constant and infinite struggle of mankind versus the xenos.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 05, 2015, 04:16:18 pm »

Does the guard even get to do anything in Chapter Master? All I see is fleets flying around, but how would I know if they are actually holding back the green tide like they're supposed to? And the PDF stat for each imperial planet, does that affect anything yet? The guard (and I guess by extension the PDF) should be holding the line like the good grunts they're supposed to be, but even the sisters have trouble defending against a small ork force it seems.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 05, 2015, 04:18:40 pm »

Oh yeah.  They fight back invasions.  Reduce and defeat small ones, slow the growth of large ones.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 05, 2015, 06:37:49 pm »

Whatttttt? Come on, I wanna see the might of the Imperium be brought down on the xenos/heretical scum, waves upon waves of IG and Navy be sent to the fray against the green menace or the chaos rabble!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 05, 2015, 07:57:49 pm »

Whatttttt? Come on, I wanna see the might of the Imperium be brought down on the xenos/heretical scum, waves upon waves of IG and Navy be sent to the fray against the green menace or the chaos rabble!
I have a planet with two quadrillion imperial guard on it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 06, 2015, 06:36:59 am »

I have a planet with two quadrillion imperial guard on it.

:D I had read that and expected someone to quote it. Ah well, the game's coming along nicely, and I hope to see chapter abilities that allow my Golden Lords chapter to be the Kamina to the Imperium that they should be (albeit too tolerant of xenos, but we'll get that fixed).

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 08, 2015, 01:38:16 pm »

-Finally get the STC for Terminators, first time ever
-am Renegade
-**** sigh  :'(

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 09, 2015, 11:31:57 am »

Huh, I know literally nothing about Warhammer 40K, but I still need to give this a try.

Should be fun.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 09, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »

The ability to take over ships would be, well, potentially game-breaking, but also amazing, at least once you've gone Renegade. Also once you've gone Renegade, a prompt to change name/colour scheme could be fun. It'd be nice to go from "For the Emperor" to something... Chaosier.

Anyway wishlisting aside, I've had fewer bugs and odd glitches in this version than ever before. Stellar work, Duke dude.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:05:09 pm by snowdrifts »

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 10, 2015, 02:26:36 am »

I have questions that have likely been asked before, but the thread is kinda large.
As offer I bring a more in-depth and up to date FAQ than the OP lists: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WPTvDEb2FSSloaguw4j1JRPXgthcgZiJtPmv0ZYDdf0/edit?pli=1

I'd like to know how exactly negative HP on your marines works. How do you heal them other than bionics. I had some recover by themselves after long times, but in my current playthrough they don't seem to be improving.

I'd also like to know, if a ship is lost to the warp, will it ever resurface? My marines aren't shown as dead. The 5th is just kinda missing. It's been a while.

Huh, I know literally nothing about Warhammer 40K, but I still need to give this a try.

Should be fun.
Most of the Terminology is self explanatory, and easy to look up otherwise. Just be aware that Chaos is an infectious disease, it spreads much like the flue. Make sure to root out any traces where ever you stumble upon demons and cults. Also large concentrations of population are predisposed to breed heresy. Keep an eye on any Hive Worlds.
Always Remember:
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Suffer not the Xeno to live.
The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Imperium.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:30:26 am by Spectre »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 10, 2015, 08:19:33 am »

So a few bugs and problems I noticed.

Bug 1:

I was bombarding a planet that the Tyranids had completely wiped.  I nuked them down to 0, but the next turn they went back up to Moderate again.  I don't know if that is a bug, because it might have been reinforcements from other planets, but it was weird.  What is do know is a bug is this:  I wasn't able to bombard them again, because every time I tried it would just say I was targeting "Imperial Forces", even though there were none left on the planet.

Bug 2:

For some reason it wasn't letting me select a Marine.  I suspect it's because there is a blocker stopping you from selecting guys on different worlds and the like, but I couldn't find were my previously selected guy was.  It looks like it didn't get cleared correctly.

Issues:

Confirmation on naval battles when you accidently attack imperial forces would be nice.  I miss-clicked and screwed myself.

Attack, Raid, and Landing aren't clear, there should be obvious differences between them.  It's really weird that Raiding reduces the forces by 2 when you fight less of them?  It's just unclear and strange.  There should be clear disadvantages and advantages to all methods.  My suggestion:  Attack should land selected forces on the planet.  Any battles done with forces on the planet would reduce the current enemy force strength by 2 or 3, instead of 1, but it would also have you fighting a lot more.  Also add an option to "Return to Transports", letting them return to the transports they came from without too much micro.  Raids would lets you plink at stronger forces and get out of there before they could mass up and kill you, reducing the force only by 1 at a time, and also still letting you bring some vehicles (Like bikes).  That way, there are two methods of attack:  Landing, or lightning raids, and it's far clearer what they do.

A level of Orc forces is much weaker then the equivalent level of Tyranid forces, for some reason.  Seems odd.

I started a game with an extreme Tyranid infestation on my Recruiting world, as a fleet-based chapter.  There was nobody left.  Kind of annoying, seems like your recruiting world should be immune to starting like that.

So other then those issues, it's been vastly improved and hugely fun to play!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:27:47 am by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 10, 2015, 08:44:42 am »

I myself thought that the way raids and assaults reduce enemy forces seems backwards. How are you reducing Enemy forces by 2 if you kill so far less than them.
It also makes Assault worthless for anything except purposefully gaining more XP. Sorta like a hard mode version.

Also, I checked up on my 5th Company that was lost in the Warp. It lists a location on the opposite end of the map in the fleet screen, but there's no ship there. But I can unload the marines onto the system. I tried flying other ships there, to see if they'd merge together (missing icon or something), but that didn't help. The ship is in that system but not apparently. Seems like a bug one way or the other.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:53:12 am by Spectre »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 288