Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798616 times)

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1380 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:34 pm »

I have an idea for another consequence for going rogue. A mechanic where the Assasinorium declares open season in your leadership would be really cool. They would isolate and destroy sections of the chapter. For example, an Eversor can force an encounter with the tenth company, a Culexus could try and massacre the librarium, a random event could occur at a crucial moment where it turns out that a moderately high ranking marine was killed and replaced by a Callidus, and finally, if the Chapter Master stays in the open for too long, a Vindicare would snipe the hell out of him. Of course, maybe a Vanus would subvert the fortress monasteries defenses, and massacre almost everyone inside.

Theotian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 21, 2015, 08:33:04 pm »

that sounds pretty cool though i think they would need a random planet base that can only be discovered if you happen to land troops on it. or maybe you can see their ships in space and its up to you to see where it came from. that way you don't just have your men dying non stop with no way to survive.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 21, 2015, 09:19:09 pm »

Can we get a little more context? Is it a message from an Ork Commander to the player? Do these guys end up with names in game or are they just random ork raiders taunting the player?
I kuld giv it a troi, Baws. I'z not 'zactly shur watcha need, tho'. Iz me an' da boyz head'd fer da WAAAGH or iz we juzt tellin sum stoopid humies how good we kan krump 'em?

Scenario: New Ork warboss is arriving by fleet into the sector with a bunch of other Orks.

It's an audience from this new warboss going "I'm da biggest and da strongest and da warboss you got wus just a grot" at the player or something along those lines.  A couple variations would be great.  This would be displayed within the diplomacy screen with the faction leader's splash showing.

"Ta all stoopid humies, beakies, an' blueies dat may be reseevin' dis message: You'z got til I kount ta five ta run away, and den' we're gunna kum over dere an' krump ya! One! Two! Uh...Three! Uh...wot comes after three again?"

"I've got good news, humies! I'm da warboss now! An' ya know wot dat means? It means yer krumped! Krumped good an' well, just as soon as me Mekboys get dis piece o junk movin'. Get ready fer a foight, humies; me an' da boyz'll be antsy when we gets there, and it'd be downroight inhorspitotalibile not to give us a good one!"

"Dis be Kaptin Crashhulk transmittin' on all freekwencies. We gots a message ferr any humie vessels in dis 'erre space; give up yerr gubbins and prepairr ferr a fight. -...- Ah, dere's one now dat don't seem to be decreesin' in velocity. Bring us in fer boardin', Leftenent Stargubbins. -...- Whaddaya mean we kan't boarrd a planet? Kourrse we kan! Prepair boardin' roks!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 22, 2015, 10:22:16 am »

Great suggestions so far.  Some of them I'll end up tweaking a little bit to throw in a name drop, but they all look good.  Between the suggestions in this thread and the message from nenjin I should have plenty to work with.

Theotian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 22, 2015, 10:55:07 am »

i had a question. with the black templars i watched a youtube video going into detail about them : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8XSZDu71Ao

and was wondering when you make them would you actually make them around 5000 marines or would it be like the others since they split up often. just curious as to how you would deal with that.

EDIT: i found what i think is a bug where about half of my chapter when told to raid a planet for some reason do not. they do not show as available in the raid screen either. what seems to work is taking the troops on the bugged ships of it and loading them onto another ship.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:22:56 pm by Theotian »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 22, 2015, 04:44:46 pm »

i had a question. with the black templars i watched a youtube video going into detail about them : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8XSZDu71Ao

and was wondering when you make them would you actually make them around 5000 marines or would it be like the others since they split up often. just curious as to how you would deal with that.

EDIT: i found what i think is a bug where about half of my chapter when told to raid a planet for some reason do not. they do not show as available in the raid screen either. what seems to work is taking the troops on the bugged ships of it and loading them onto another ship.

The Black Templars are actually split in to crusades around chapter strength. Though, it should be quite feasible to get larger 2000-3000 marine crusades.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 22, 2015, 05:22:07 pm »

Heh, sometimes I mistake this thread for the Crusader Kings one.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 22, 2015, 08:44:23 pm »

sometimes I think 40k would do well in a system similar to CKII

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 23, 2015, 02:36:40 am »

sometimes I think 40k would do well in a system similar to CKII

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/  it looks based on the fantasy (sadly)

louie97

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 25, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »

So I ran into a funny bug. An inquisitor wanted to inspect a fleet that was waiting to go on a crusade. In short, the fleet left on the crusade and I got declared a renegade because the game interpreted that as me avoiding the inspection.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:33 pm »

Major Changes:
Hive Fleets now arrive around turn 275, rather than anywhere from 10-100 turns, and now have more ships in each fleet.
Periodic sector invasions have been added.  Enjoy.

Other Changes:
The Khorne Chaos Lord has been added.  Expect to encounter him in about half of the games.  More Chaos Lord types soon to come.
Fixed a bug that would instant-kill Chaos fleets when engaged in an AI vs AI battle.
Fixed a bug where AI vs AI fleet strength would be improperly calculated.  The victor of an AI vs AI fleet battle makes a lot more sense now.
Fixed a bug that would prevent the player from losing a ground battle and being stuck within it indefinitely.
The defeat screen will now display the correct icon.
New Ork WAAAGH!'s can occur.
The Penitence decay threshold has been slowed down by about two turns.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 27, 2015, 06:52:07 pm »

Enjoy.

You bastard! I mean, thank you!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:14 pm »

Duke of Fluffington is bass.

EDIT: I had meant to type 'baws', but my mac edited. I think it'll stay this way.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 28, 2015, 03:59:51 pm »

Quick hotfix.

Major Changes:
None.

Other Changes:
The settings bars in Options now display correctly at 0%.
Removed the 'Leader?:' popup
Removed the BLOODBLOODBLOOD debug popups
The crash that occured when the World Eaters fleet first appears should be fixed.
Ork Fleets should no longer congregate on star systems with a single Dead planet.

Worth mentioning I released a hotfix to the hotfix but didn't increase the patch number.  If you downloaded as of like 20 minutes ago your client should be up to date.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:59:05 pm by DukeFluffy »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 29, 2015, 02:52:53 am »

Will astropathic choirs be in the game, so we can control or be controlled by the flow of information?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 288