Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798768 times)

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #1020 on: February 02, 2015, 09:16:13 pm »

Do you have plans to make resource distribution more interesting, and possibly delegated? Perhaps events? Tech trees?
It's planned but I've pretty much but zero thought into it, so far.  Missions might end up offering requisition bonuses or something.  Remains to be seen.

Isn't one of the whole concepts/things about 40k is how the Imperium's tech has stagnated and they're using on centuries old designs everywhere? It'd be a bit weird to me if you could upgrade your equipment without dabbling in xeno tech or equally unsavoury things that'll earn you the hatred of the Inquisition.
Yes.  I may end up adding a Xeno tech tree option, but that's quite a ways off, and would definitely make the =][= not happy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 02, 2015, 09:41:09 pm »

I haven't managed to become a heretic yet, but what would be really interesting to me is the option to fully join Chaos or fall to it gradually, with unique mechanics; instead of having Diplomacy with the various factions of the Imperium, you have Favor with the various Chaos Gods, and Diplomacy with other Chaos Warbands instead of Chapters. You could recruit cultists and summon Daemons, all the while trying your damnedest(forgive the pun) to topple the Corpse-Emperor on his decadent soul-consuming throne for the glory of the Great and Terrible Dark Gods you serve.

Also, in case of losing geneseed, that's what incubators are for!

And I believe if your Stability is high enough you only have to toss some of it, like I have. Usually around a third.

Oh yeah; how do you tell which artifacts are chaos, and what artifacts are good to gift to the ecclesiarchy/imperium? I believe the mechanicus only likes STC fragments, but...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 02, 2015, 09:44:32 pm »

The hints are generally there after your librarians research the artifact. MOST tainted objects will say they are tainted by Chaos, or inhabited by a Daemon.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 02, 2015, 09:45:10 pm »

In this case, game mechanics fit the fluff pretty well.

The tech tree*s bonus are pretty boring to be honest.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 02, 2015, 09:47:20 pm »

Well, a lot of them are just glowy, and I've been handing them to the inquisition in order to not risk it.

But I'm left wondering if some of them are just Xenos(coughEldarcough) tech, instead.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DukeFluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 02, 2015, 11:08:44 pm »

I haven't managed to become a heretic yet, but what would be really interesting to me is the option to fully join Chaos or fall to it gradually, with unique mechanics; instead of having Diplomacy with the various factions of the Imperium, you have Favor with the various Chaos Gods, and Diplomacy with other Chaos Warbands instead of Chapters. You could recruit cultists and summon Daemons, all the while trying your damnedest(forgive the pun) to topple the Corpse-Emperor on his decadent soul-consuming throne for the glory of the Great and Terrible Dark Gods you serve.

Also, in case of losing geneseed, that's what incubators are for!

And I believe if your Stability is high enough you only have to toss some of it, like I have. Usually around a third.

Oh yeah; how do you tell which artifacts are chaos, and what artifacts are good to gift to the ecclesiarchy/imperium? I believe the mechanicus only likes STC fragments, but...
In old, pre-alpha threads some posters chucked around concepts of what Chaos mode might be like.  There were a lot of great ideas, and I'll almost certainly end up using a lot of them.  You're pretty spot on.  Artifacts with Chaos or Daemon Possessed tags will be clearly denoted as such.

The tech tree*s bonus are pretty boring to be honest.
They kind of are.  For now it's satisfactory.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 03, 2015, 12:00:02 am »

Would probably be a bitch to do the transition stuff, though. Chaos Sorcerors replacing Librarians, Techmarines having...something...happen to them(and hopefully still having a way to gain them), probably either having to kill all your Chaplains or have them turn into something too...And mutations unique to each marine or something would be a bitch, though interesting.

And of course the fact that Favor would have a much larger impact than Diplo has now, and Daemon Princehood and Chaos Babies (HAH I DIDN'T SAY IT) and recruiting somehow and geneseed rapidly mutating...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 03, 2015, 12:04:26 am »

Techmarines having...something

Chaos Techmarines, duh.  :P

Seriously I'd like it but you'd need the WRAP world(s) implemented 1st with some mechanic to interact between it and the real and also taint to get some undercover action. If it's just the get a reskin I'm less interested.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 03, 2015, 01:44:50 am »

Perhaps there should be a legitimate and illegitimate ways to advance tech. Legitimate would mean hunting STCs for Techpriests, somehow helping Forge Worlds to do okay and so forth (supporting trade routes with other sectors?). Instead of gaining direct advantages, it would mean the forges would pop out more ships for the navy etc. Plus your requisition prices for stuff when near a Forge would be cheaper, as would buying stuff from the priests.

Illegitimate would be applying xenotech and/or chaos stuff to your ships/holdings, perhaps with the aid of xenos and/or radical inquisitors. If/when found out, it would make the techpriests and the mainstream inquisition angry. The benefit would be improved equipment and/or more build options. Perhaps including attempts to tweak your geneseed (with possibility for hilarious catastrophes) and build infrastructure in hidden lairs/monastery.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 03, 2015, 02:29:05 am »

There are only illegitimate means.  Innovation is heresy.  The Ad Mech does not "advance technology ".

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 03, 2015, 02:45:36 am »

Like what Majestic7 is suggesting; Acquiring weapons and artefacts from helping other Imperial factions could work? Like, Forge World Ancus is under heavy attack from Orks, you go in and save the day thus earning a favour point that you can cash in for either fleet support, an artefact or maybe a unit of Mechanicus troops or vehicles. If you decide to save up the favour points you can request bigger rewards, possibly also offset by your standing with that faction.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 03, 2015, 02:47:31 am »

There are only illegitimate means.  Innovation is heresy.  The Ad Mech does not "advance technology ".

Progress is heresy, but they do hunt for lost secrets of old technology, don't they?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 03, 2015, 03:28:05 am »

Progress is heresy, but they do hunt for lost secrets of old technology, don't they?

They do. Splat-wise, if I recall, one of the last major intact STC fragments found was a design for a monomolecular-edge knife that the Scouts make use of. The explorers each received their own world to rule as a reward.

Of course, that was years ago, and they've come out with Centurion armor, Dreadknights, etc. since then.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 03, 2015, 07:10:12 am »

what can we make up to sell models today?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 03, 2015, 11:34:56 am »

what can we make up to sell models today?

Giant space-cubes. Obviously pre-heresy era. Priced at $1000 dollars.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 288