Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Planting blackberry seeds  (Read 422 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Planting blackberry seeds
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:17:12 am »

I had a plan.

I was going to embark with a load of blackberries, which would leave blackberry seeds when used, which I could plant in a farm, which would produce blackberries, which I could distill into blackberry wine.

I've got the seeds, and I've got a farm plot in (I think) temperate hill near joyous wilds, or some such.  The problem is there is no option to plant the blackberry seeds. Strawberries, lettuce, muskmelon vines and red spinach can (apparently) be planted there, but no listing for blackberry seeds. I am confused. Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong?
()==[:::::::::::::>

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Planting blackberry seeds
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:00:52 am »

Hiya,

Some things come to mind (there may be more that I'm not aware of):

1) Are you in the correct biome for blackberries (they only grow in temperate regions)?

2) Toady just fixed several bugs relating to planting (according to the change log over on mantis), maybe your issue is related to one of those.  (I'm guessing this one.)

-Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

LeadPaint

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:15:46 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not a new plant added? Along with many other new above ground plants I do not believe they are fully functional. Raws are incomplete or some such..

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 07:23:18 am »

Ah, it may be hotter than temperate. I'm not sure how to check that.

I'll look into the other possibilities too.

[EDIT] It turns out I can plant
WINTER MELON VINES
and they can only grow in
Any Tropical.

So, that's it. I can't grow blackberries because it's too warm for them.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:29:35 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

BWhales034

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:01 am »

Keep in mind, like the other poster said, the new plants haven't been fully implemented yet. I've tried black/raspberries in particular and haven't been able to get berries off the plants once they're harvested. It just returns vines or plants or something and they don't show up on kitchen screen. Tried plant processing/milling/ anything I could think of. Soooo you might want to wait on embarking with berries. If anyone has got them to work though is love to know how!