Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Surreal RPG Fangame -- Space Funeral: God Blood  (Read 2331 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Surreal RPG Fangame -- Space Funeral: God Blood
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:41:08 am »

Some of you might have played/seen Space Funeral, an Earthbound-esque RPG with grotesque, gaudy visuals and a story that laments how out of place original artwork and features look in comparison to the established 'ideal', the default assets of the medium they've chosen to use.

Most of you probably haven't. Even fewer probably know that there are a few fangames for it, and even a few more in development. Being a fan of the game, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. Whether it gets finished or not, I can't say, but I might as well get as much feedback and help as I can to help me along. I've got a development blog here.

That said, if you have comments, criticisms on sprites (or story if you feel like spoiling it for yourself if you intend on playing), or any skill in anything that might help out, feel free to PM me or post here. Stuff like sprite-making, writing or just experience with RPGmaker 2003 would be really appreciated.

Here're some pretty pictures!

Spoiler: Enemy sprite (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WIP area (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Merchant (click to show/hide)

also i feel kinda bad for thecatamites because space funeral has a really big fanbase compared to his other games and it seems like he wants to move on a bit even though this is more of a hobby for him than anything
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:26:24 pm by ShoesandHats »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Surreal RPG Fangame -- Space Funeral: God Blood
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:15:49 pm »

Awww, Garfield merchant.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:05:56 pm »

Awww, Garfield merchant.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 03:18:50 pm »

Nice.